rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Number 28

The Sculpture Thread

Holy shit map they're probably the best things i've seen you create yet. I know you've used the original munnys as the base but seriously!

Also fozz and andross, they're both superb! :wub:

Eyup I've just started playing around with this (will post a granny I did earlier) but not sure what to use as skeleton wire, I went to a craft store but all they had was flower arranging wire which seemed too stiff, where do you get your wire from?

Ta!

I just get some reasonably thin wire from a DIY store, then twist more together if I need extra strength. I did get some from a crafts store once but really that was just the same stuff but twice the price.

Holy shit ristar. Genuine, jaw-dropping stuff. A few questions :(

1) How do you get things so spherical, and so smooth? Is it just sanding?

2) what do you use to paint to give such awesome uniformity of colour?

<3

1) You may be thinking that because they're all customised versions of a Munny.

If not..when I want something smooth I generally make sure it's bigger than it needs to be so I have space to material I can more freely work with and then sand the last section with a combitool and many grains of sandpaper.

2) Just acrylics. I don't know what pointers I can say there, it's just practice and learning my way and finding which brushes & paints work for me. Colour choice wise its the age old colour swatches, and squinting to see if they work well together in blur-o-vision :lol: