Demon's Souls - remake's OUT - mindful of the spoilers, please!

I think the Adjudicator is a rather easy boss to begin with. I didn’t have to move around much and just burned him.

Generally speaking my main experience was that the route to the bosses was almost always harder than the bosses themselves and I did many of them on a first attempt (including a few summons admittedly).

All I have left to do on this is 1-3 & 4, and 4-2 to 4. Also got my Dragon Longsword up to +5.

The one thing I kinda regret doing in my playthrough is going for the Insanity Catalyst, wish I'd properly read the description first! Still, magic is a backup for me. :)

5 hours ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

Adjudicator is one of the easiest bosses in it, he's not worth getting pure black for. 

He’s bullshit. His tongue and sword just clips through everything always. You can get hit just by standing somewhere anywhere in the arena. He beat me first couple of times with bullshit. 

11 hours ago, Len said:

Pitch bloody black (oops) so yes, that is who it is. I looked him up. Must have been all those failed AJD runs last night in human form so I could summon others.

Skellies are not a problem at all, he is.

Oh dear...

Unfortunately, he is really fucking hard. Keep circling him, hit him a couple of times when he misses you. Dont get greedy, save enough endurance to roll away. Its also possible to backstab him.

Watch out for his rollback and upward swipe move as it was a one hit kill for me.

Last tip..... I think he has limitless healing grasses. When he gets to about 15-20% health, he will stop attacking, and start walking backwards to go and heal. He will normally try and go as far back as possible (normally a wall/barrier, not out in the open). Double-hand your weapon, follow him, and just beat the fuck out of him, and hope you can kill him before he heals.

11 hours ago, kris_doe said:

Having completed this and absolutely loved it over the weekend. I decided to start Bloodbourne tonight and I definitely think I’ve bitten of more than I can chew. 

Hehe, it's a step up for sure, and you have to play it quite differently (if you relied on a shield to get you through Demons!).. Have you considered Dark Souls Remastered? It's pretty great. 

Otherwise I'd recommend doing another playthrough of Demon's, but using a different play style, e.g. twohanding a great sword, magic only, etc.. it's super replayable. 

4 hours ago, Darwock said:

Black Phantom Satsuki kicking folks asses, yep, they really did keep it authentic to the original lol

Is there a consensus on which is the toughest named BP? ive taken down Satsuki and Scirvir, they were both really hard.

17 hours ago, Spacehost said:

All this talk of deciding your build early and focusing on specific loadouts has got me shiting it, but then I realised I could just start over and probably rinse the first 10 hours of this in three due to experience and knowledge.

Am I doing myself a disservice cheesing all the bosses though? Am I going to wind up absolutely deadlocked because my scrub skills won't let me beat a boss?

Cheesing Souls bosses is the truest victory. 

Each boss has its own patterns and punishes and any one of them can trip you up regardless of skill level. But you'll eventually get through them all. 

2 hours ago, robdood said:

Hehe, it's a step up for sure, and you have to play it quite differently (if you relied on a shield to get you through Demons!).. Have you considered Dark Souls Remastered? It's pretty great. 

Otherwise I'd recommend doing another playthrough of Demon's, but using a different play style, e.g. twohanding a great sword, magic only, etc.. it's super replayable. 

I did rely on a shield hahah, as I couldn't master the parry (which Bloodbourne seems to rely on :| )

Definitely going to do new game plus on Demon souls and intend on trying Dark souls again. A complete treasure chest of games have opened to me now haha

12 hours ago, Calashnikov said:

He’s bullshit. His tongue and sword just clips through everything always. You can get hit just by standing somewhere anywhere in the arena. He beat me first couple of times with bullshit. 

You need to get down to the button and just bash his wound. Its much easier.

2 hours ago, kempstar said:

Is there a consensus on which is the toughest named BP? ive taken down Satsuki and Scirvir, they were both really hard.

Spoiler

Most of them are well hidden in each of their worlds, so new players won't be stuck facing them, with the exception of Satsuki, who has a cruel placement for people at a low level that aren't used to fighting Phantoms.

I still think Selen in 5-2 is the toughest fight. You need to fight her in the swamp & she can roll & heal whilst blasting you with magic, and her sword goes through shields. You need to stay on her small area of ground as if you end up in swamp & cant move fast you're toast. And like Satsuki she always retreats to heal. I think I ended up greatswording her into a deserved pulp. Later in NG+ I discovered you can get a new addition to the game which lets you move freely in the swamp!!!!

1-1, 1-4, 3-1 are all really easy fights. I guess Scirvir can be pretty annoying as he likes to use Ignite if you are close to him, but if you can dodge or interrupt that he's not too bad.

Afternoon adventurers,

I thought I'd finally stop by as I've been avoiding this thread for fear of spoiling anything but think it's now time to check in and see how others are getting on.

I've never played Demon Souls before so have gone into it totally blind. In fact my only other From Software experience is Bloodborne which - according to the new PS5 game time counter - I battled through to get the platinum trophy in 185 hours shortly after it came out which is probably still my number one gaming achievement. So feeling fairly well equipped I fired this up, generated a shiny new Knight character and...

... got absolutely pummelled! :D I'd forgotten how brutal these games can be and also just how rusty I was at them!

A few hours later I have managed to muscle my way through 1-1, dabbled around 3-1 and then last night bagged 1-2 and TK (after repeatedly dying at the same irritating spot in that level for days), and then went on to immediately clear 2-1 and AS in a single first attempt about 3am which I was pretty pleased about (but also now feeling tired today).

Beginner things I have learnt so far the hard way (or from sagelike advice from @jonamok)...

• The game doesn't go 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, 1-4... oh no no no, mix it up
  • Keep that equipped gear below 50% - absolute game changer given I was running on about 83% until yesterday :doh:
  • Learn to relax that L1 trigger now and again - even in a battle - to get that stamina recovery
  • Stop pressing the left stick when trying to backstab, it stops you backstabbing 

Also...

Spoiler
  • The red-eyed knight on the battlements in 1-1 is a git... and King Doran is terrifying. Yes, I did accidentally backstab your son off a ledge into some zombies and then had to kill him when he got angry about it and attacked me but please please please hit me less hard. :omg: A job for later.
  • The gang of archers and blue-eyed knights at the end of the dragon bridge is really annoyingly. I must of died there about 50 times (until I reduced my equipment weight).
  • Tower Knight's shield is flipping huge and hurts a lot.

I'm now soul level 26 and I think I'm going to continue my adventure with a wander around 2-2 to see how I get on, then maybe try and clear 3-1 as I've made some inroads there previously. 

Also, I think Bluepoint might be actual wizards to be able to make this game look that good, run that well and load that fast. It's glorious and I'm loving it. 

Maybe see you out there... try rolling.

Enl7BtGW4AAD4dM.thumb.jpeg.c2a8ea6f564c32fabd57e59771a0a36b.jpeg

Oh I'm so with you. Very close to sacking it off if I'm honest.

It just (still) winds me up. I love the settings and lore but the actual gameplay just makes me seethe at times, interspersed with joyous moments. As my good lady wife said, why do you play something that makes you so mad and she, as always, is correct. Tbh it's been same for all of them bar BB. I know I'm hugely in the minority mind.

Elden Ring next then...lol!  ;) 

It is both the great pleasure and the great pain.

I got just plain angry at the game/the level/myself at a sticky bit in 1-2 so much so I realised I wasn't making progress so decided it was time to park it for a little while and instead turned to Bugsnax (with my son), Ether One (slow paced puzzle solving) or Squadrons (X-Wings) for a couple of days. I then came back to it refocused and refreshed, changed my approach slightly and it clicked again. Last nights Demon Souls session was the best 4 hours I've had in the game so far.

3 hours ago, Rob_Pulsar said:

I came to the realisation today that my feelings towards Demon's Souls can be summarised as either:

A) Fuck this game!

OR

B) Fuck, this game!

This is brilliant and deserves way more love.

Just started NG++, need 2 more spells for the platinum, so need to kill, AM and LA

Have to go via 3-3 before I can get the spells though

So 1-1, 5-1, 5-2, 5-3, 2-1, 1-2 and 1-3 to go through

I assume that doing any final world boss removes the fog gate for 1-3?