Jump to content

Demon's Souls - remake's OUT - mindful of the spoilers, please!


Recommended Posts

So defeated the first boss first time!

Spoiler

At least I’m pretty sure it counts as the first boss. It was the Phalanx and it was a slow moving blob of shields which I very easily stabbed to death.


I then decided to level up and push on through the same level and finally discovered what the TK abbreviation stands for. 
 

Spoiler

Sprinted around like a mad man and killed all of the archers. Chipped away at its ankles with my sword thinking, “how the fuck am I supposed to do this?!”, as its health barely moved.

 

Then it fell down and hope was restored. Battered its health down to about 40% before it inevitably smushed my unprepared arse into the ground.


I’ve so badly got its number.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding goings on at the Nexus...

Spoiler

Friendly dude by the first arch stone is gone. Is this just him giving up, or is something more sinister in play? And yes, I am casting my suspicious eye firmly at Patches here...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm really enjoying this, which is a surprise as I deliberately bought it on disc intending to walk around for a couple of hours, enjoy the shiny graphics and then sell it on. I never got on with Dark Souls 1 or Bloodborne, but this has really grabbed me in a way I didn't expect. 

 

I just did the whole of 3-1 without dying and feel like an absolute hero. Since I got a health regenerating shield I'm feeling a lot sturdier and more willing to push on through levels where I'd be tempted to quit back to the Nexus before. That's 1-1, 1-2, 2-1, 3-1 and 4-1 all done. It's pretty much inevitable that this run continues and I steamroller my way through the rest of the bosses in no time, right? Right?!...

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Thor said:

Regarding goings on at the Nexus...

  Hide contents

Friendly dude by the first arch stone is gone. Is this just him giving up, or is something more sinister in play? And yes, I am casting my suspicious eye firmly at Patches here...

 

Spoiler

Have you perhaps been rummaging about in 3-2 recently?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2-2 is the first level I played so far that I didn't think was particularly great. It was ok but overall I found it annoying in a way I didn't find the first four levels I played. Lots of maze-like areas, narrow corridors and those rock insect things that take a lifetime to kill no matter which sword or magic spell I used.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Majora said:

2-2 is the first level I played so far that I didn't think was particularly great. It was ok but overall I found it annoying in a way I didn't find the first four levels I played. Lots of maze-like areas, narrow corridors and those rock insect things that take a lifetime to kill no matter which sword or magic spell I used.

Yep, from memory that's the games equivalent of Blighttown in the way it's really depressing to go through and mostly annoying. Souls is at it's best when your up on the ramparts :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it might have been discussed but I didn't think HDR looked very good on this just now. Everything seems so.. grainy. Switched it off and it looks a million times better imo. Even between the cinema and performance settings in game I didn't like it. Is there a consensus of whether it works on this game?

 

Finally got 4k working with a new hdmi cable. This game looks stunningly glorious @ 150 inch. 

PXL_20201127_155031219.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, merrychan said:

Yep, from memory that's the games equivalent of Blighttown in the way it's really depressing to go through and mostly annoying. Souls is at it's best when your up on the ramparts :)


No, world 5 is the Blighttown. That’s right @Majora! Things get even more depressing to get through, even compared to 2-2 :hat:

Link to post
Share on other sites

I might need some help, rllmuk friends!

 

I'm nearing towards the end of my first playthrough, and would really like to get a ring, but in order to do so, I need pure white character tendency.  I've been trying to get summoned as a blue phantom in 3-3 but keep invading rather than being a blue summon due to the mechanics of this particular area. :) 

 

What I need, is two online friends, one person to summon me, then the other person to invade the person that summoned me, and for me to kill the invader. I know it's a lot to ask, but if there are a couple of people with 30 minutes to spare that wouldn't mind helping me out, I would be super grateful. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, skittles said:

I think it might have been discussed but I didn't think HDR looked very good on this just now. Everything seems so.. grainy. Switched it off and it looks a million times better imo. Even between the cinema and performance settings in game I didn't like it. Is there a consensus of whether it works on this game?


In my limited experience with the tech, the HDR looks fucking amazing to me. All the wee candles even off in the distance shining so brightly ^_^

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Steven said:

 

Was waiting for that. The latter, most definitely.

 

1 hour ago, Cyhwuhx said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Have you perhaps been rummaging about in 3-2 recently?

 

Hmmm, no, my only interaction at 3-2 prior to noticing was being 

Spoiler

Taken up there by the gargoyles.

I'd mostly been doing 4-1.

 

I've come across Adj and FL in 4-1 and 2-3 respectively. Didn't get anywhere near Adj before dying, but I think that was more me wondering where to go. FL looks like I'll need to be a bit more powerful before taking on again.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding @Thor’s question about the guy sitting next to the first archstone and the thing alluded to by@Cyhwuhx:

 

Spoiler

I think he just dies. There’s a soul item left in his place, like the kind you find attached to corpses. If you’ve kept on talking to him he seems to slowly start losing his memory, and asks you questions about if you’ve seen his body, and if it’s rotting. I think he just fades away, irrespective of the 3-2 rummaging suggested by Cyhwuhx, provided you continue to exhaust his dialogue.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Rikku said:

I might need some help, rllmuk friends!

 

I'm nearing towards the end of my first playthrough, and would really like to get a ring, but in order to do so, I need pure white character tendency.  


 

If you defeat all five of the Black Phantom NPCs in each of their Pure Black worlds you will get a Pure White Character. Just be careful if you’re going for the other ring which requires a black character because Tendencies don’t reset on NG+

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sexton Hardcastle said:


 

If you defeat all five of the Black Phantom NPCs in each of their Pure Black worlds you will get a Pure White Character. Just be careful if you’re going for the other ring which requires a black character because Tendencies don’t reset on NG+

 

Unfortunately I had a gravity accident... which means that one of them isn't counting.  And then what I wanted to be a gravity accident, was an accidental backstab.  So I'm a bit messed up. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I'm destroying the essence of what this game is supposed to be because I'm continuously looking for tips/guides how to defeat a boss. I know you're supposed to learn but honestly, even the first boss took me 20 attempts and it would have been higher if I had no advice. Since then I've faced two other bosses who just kill me in 2-3 hits every time even though I know what to do. Then on top of that it takes around 5-10mins to reach each boss every time.

 

So it's either stop looking up advice and spend 200+ hours on this game or look it up, spend around 50hrs but miss the satisfaction aspect of the game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Capwn said:

I think I'm destroying the essence of what this game is supposed to be because I'm continuously looking for tips/guides how to defeat a boss. I know you're supposed to learn but honestly, even the first boss took me 20 attempts and it would have been higher if I had no advice. Since then I've faced two other bosses who just kill me in 2-3 hits every time even though I know what to do. Then on top of that it takes around 5-10mins to reach each boss every time.

 

So it's either stop looking up advice and spend 200+ hours on this game or look it up, spend around 50hrs but miss the satisfaction aspect of the game.

 
I use guides all the time for the Souls games, and feel zero guilt for doing so. The games encourage you to get help - there’s messages on the floor for goodness sake!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.