Demon's Souls - remake's OUT - mindful of the spoilers, please!

13 minutes ago, Pungee said:

Another first timer here, I’m really enjoying it. I can’t imagine how hard this must be for people playing it for without Googling anything. I definitely agree with the frustrations around running back to the boss after each death. Going through that exploding barrel room on the way to the boss in 2-1 for the 10th time was not fun at all. 

After taking things nice and slow in 1-1 and 2-1, those aggressive rolling enemies at the start of 4-1 are a bit of a shock. Still though, managed to grab that fancy magic sword and get out of there and immediately feel loads more powerful. 

Up next: farm some healing items since I used almost my entire stash on killing the 2-1 boss and then go soul arrow the hell out of everything in 3-1. 

Kind of wondering if I should restart as a Royal. I think Knight is also recommended for beginners but would be nice to shoot some magic from a distance!

12 minutes ago, El Geet said:

Kind of wondering if I should restart as a Royal. I think Knight is also recommended for beginners but would be nice to shoot some magic from a distance!

I’d definitely recommend it. With the ranged magic and the MP regenerating ring the first couple of areas have been very manageable. 

My plan is to try again with a different class once I know what I’m doing so don’t feel too bad about taking the easy option now. 

Great little session this evening. Did 2-1, 3-1, 1-2, rescued Freke, upgraded my CF weapon, got some Boss Soul spells, completely rinsed the areas, got every crystal lizard, no deaths. Then I romped through 1-1 again just for the fuck off of it. Still absolutely shat myself the entire time.

I thought they'd taken the art direction too far from initial videos but I absolutely love the look of this game. It's stunning and at 60fps. Feels properly next-gen but also comfortable and familiar.

3-1 will never not be terrifying and confusing to me. Incredible level design. 

11 hours ago, Dave White said:

just summoned a nice helper to aid me on AS, name of the player was DrooDroo I was wondering if it was @Droo off here who bought my iPhone the other week from the trading thread, we felled the thing and then a dm appeared and it was.

What are the chances|?

4 minutes ago, Harrisown said:

How do I summon someone to help me then... I don’t see no items yet

You can only see the blue summon signs in human form, which you can gain in a few ways.  1) nom one of the stones 2) put your summon sign down in front of a boss room and hope someone picks you to help them and if you kill the boss, you in turn become human and then can see the blue symbols to summon someone in your game 3) Go invade someone and kill the host. :)

I started this tonight! Got pretty far in 1-1 I think, to the bit with the 

Spoiler

Dragons just chilling on a grassy verge. And then they set fire to me

it’s pretty good, think it’ll take a while to click with me though. Also, try as I might I can’t seem to roll? 

seen someone up thread talk about banking souls- does that let you keep them in case you die?! 

And also, the controls are messing with me. Square is attack in just about everything else I play, so I keep pressing that and wasting healing items instead of swinging my sword. Sure I’ll get used to that though. 

What is happening when you press circle? Am not sure what you mean when you say you can’t roll. :D 

What character did you choose? If it is something with a lot of heavy armour, you will do what is known as a “fat” roll, it’s very slow and sluggish and not really worth even trying. If that’s the case you might want to take off everything but your chest piece. It should make you a bit nimbler. 

Unfortunately until you beat the boss of 1-1, you are fairly limited as to what you can do with your souls. When you bank them, it means go back and spend them either on consumables or levelling up so that if you die, and don’t get back to your blood stain, you haven’t completely lost them as they have been spent on something useful. 

9 minutes ago, Madness said:

I started this tonight! Got pretty far in 1-1 I think, to the bit with the 

Hide contents

Dragons just chilling on a grassy verge. And then they set fire to me

it’s pretty good, think it’ll take a while to click with me though. Also, try as I might I can’t seem to roll? 

seen someone up thread talk about banking souls- does that let you keep them in case you die?! 

And also, the controls are messing with me. Square is attack in just about everything else I play, so I keep pressing that and wasting healing items instead of swinging my sword. Sure I’ll get used to that though. 

Banking -  stop proceeding and either use a inventory item (‘which are strictly limited) or go back a safe route.

1 hour ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

I've got an OG fatty ps3, too! It's still working perfectly after 13 years and it is genuinely silent. Noice. 

Why would you write such a salacious set of lies? I bet your dad beat up Mike Tyson and your wife is Jennifer Lawrence. No one has such a thing.