Demon's Souls - remake's OUT - mindful of the spoilers, please!

Can someone do a better job than me and post about the world alignment? I remember on PS3 that it wasn't just that some things weren't there or in a different state only if you were Hollow but that the world alignment affected this as well which could be down to the amount of times you've died or if you go around killing the npcs / other players etc?

Can't remember. I'm not playing the Remake (can't afford PS5 right now) so what I say is muscle memory working.

Humanity is restored by killing a boss or using an item (isn't the item called Humanity?) It's one of those "use" you eat like those herbs. When in Human form, you are available to be invaded by other players and Red NPC's.

Tip for you as a newcomer: read the item descriptions.

edit: another tip - don't worry too much. Explore, venture forth, die, kill a boss. I can not speak for the Remake, but the original is obtuse. Enjoy the ride, and if you're stuck ask away.

3 minutes ago, Ran said:

I seem to remember I played most of the game in soul form. I found the anxiety of having human form to lose too distracting.

NSFW due to language. It's the Predator Slack-jawed gif.

Spoiler

HYdSvti.gif.bcb483b402fe7be46a8c3ec1433e417a.gif

8 minutes ago, df0 said:

NSFW due to language. It's the Predator Slack-jawed gif.

Hide contents

HYdSvti.gif.bcb483b402fe7be46a8c3ec1433e417a.gif

Sorry what I meant to say obviously was...

My gigantic, frothing, erect penis was sneering back at me at the thought of tackling the game with anything other than half health so naturally I beat it into submission using it as an extra digit for my attack buttons.

(I still have night terrors about countless attempts trying to off Old King Allant)

Does not really matter. I'd say take the ring (boosts item discovery a wee bit), but it's not something you'll wear for long.

Fire Bombs is good (tip: save em for the boss), but again nothing game changing.

5 minutes ago, Ran said:

Sorry what I meant to say obviously was...

My gigantic, frothing, erect penis was sneering back at me at the thought of tackling the game with anything other than half health so naturally I beat it into submission using it as an extra digit for my attack buttons.

(I still have night terrors about countless attempts trying to off Old King Allant)

I know, the gif was in jest :) Soul Form is the way to go. Until NG+ of course, where the real Demon's Souls starts.

33 minutes ago, MardiganX said:

What are the limits on parry? Does it only work with smaller, weaker enemies or do some of the larger / boss enemies also have attacks that can be parried?

Also interested in this. Can you parry everything like Bloodborne?

I'm rocking on this now. Just exploring everywhere.

I picked hunter. Not sure if that was totally wise but have never played a shield bro on souls 3 and Bloodborne.

53 minutes ago, Marlew said:

@skittles I'd suggest staying in Soul form and getting used to the feel of the combat and familiarising yourself with 1-1. You will inevitably die a lot in the early stages so you won't gain much from using up the items which restore human form. 

Doing this. Come across one Mofo with a GIANT Lance who just whooped me one shot. Clearly not powerful enough for him yet as I did next to no damage.

Man I'm so excited to get into this with no girlfriend this time to tell me off.

It's best to consider Souls form as normal health and having a body as double health. 

Dying pushes you towards black tendency and makes things harder too, as I recall. Tendency was a pain in the ass in the original and also linked to online state so you'd have to go offline if you wanted to control it. Have they made any changes here to make it less insane? 

15 minutes ago, kensei said:

It's best to consider Souls form as normal health and having a body as double health. 

Dying pushes you towards black tendency and makes things harder too, as I recall. Tendency was a pain in the ass in the original and also linked to online state so you'd have to go offline if you wanted to control it. Have they made any changes here to make it less insane? 

only dying when human form, repeatedly, AND then leaving the location altered the tendency. Which you need to do to get certain things ;)

But, killing  bosses in human form takes it white! which does the same!

Its not something to worry about on first play

This is fucking incredible.  Looks and sounds jaw dropping.  And it’s a launch game.  Mental.  I’m shit at souls games so went Royal.  That initial magic attack you get really does seem to make things quite a lot easier (at least initially)! 

• robdood changed the title to Demon's Souls - remake's OUT - mindful of the spoilers, please!