Demon's Souls - remake's OUT - mindful of the spoilers, please!

A selfish part of me hopes this isn't as essential as it's shaping up to be, because if it isn't then it'll make choosing between an XSX and PS5 a lot easier. However, it looks bloody incredible, and the first impressions 'reviews' that are floating about seem to corroborate that.

Sigh.

28 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

A selfish part of me hopes this isn't as essential as it's shaping up to be, because if it isn't then it'll make choosing between an XSX and PS5 a lot easier. However, it looks bloody incredible, and the first impressions 'reviews' that are floating about seem to corroborate that.

Sigh.

Go a few pages back - the game looks off and there was a conspiracy about reviews not coming out for launch in time so you dodged a bullet ;) 

I can't wait - the audio is meant to be amazing so will give the soundbar and rear speakers I have set up a good go with this to see how it fares over headphones

I've watched this played from beginning to end on Twitch and other than a few minor misgivings (he wasn't keen on the soundtrack changes, or the grass weight, plus some flaws/bugs remain) he was extremely positive and was loving it.

Spoiler

Like Shadow of the Colossus, it is basically the same game under it all with the janky AI, meagre boss movesets and all, but it's still a great game. The most striking change I noticed minute-to-minute, other than the stunning graphics, is the improved animations. The NPCs have facial animations now and the counters/ripostes are satisfyingly long and brutal.

(Spoilered in case anyone is super sensitive...)

Watched a fair bit of this being played. 

The talk about it being the best looking new next gen game, I don't agree with. Don't get me wrong there are some beautiful areasn but then it looks nothing special in large parts of the game. 

I'm not a souls fan but will prob pick it up when it's very very cheap and see if it clicks. 

6 hours ago, Ry said:

Watched a fair bit of this being played. 

The talk about it being the best looking new next gen game, I don't agree with. Don't get me wrong there are some beautiful areasn but then it looks nothing special in large parts of the game. 

I'm not a souls fan but will prob pick it up when it's very very cheap and see if it clicks. 

Which new game looks better?

34 minutes ago, Marlew said:

Quality low key trolling. 

Aw fuck off. I know souls fans are a weird bunch but it's just my opinion. 

It's not the best looking launch game I have seen, and I'm not alone. 

36 minutes ago, yashiro said:

Which new game looks better?

From what I have seen? 

Spiderman

Assassin’s Creed Valhalla blows it out the water at times. 

There's a couple upgraded games that look nicer. 

Yeah, I will need to see it for myself in 4k but I'm just comparing. 

As I said, It's a gorgeous game. Just some sections are nothing special and some of the journalist talk is a bit overblown. 

Im gonna get it for Christmas anyway even though souls games always frustrate me within a couple hours, but I'm determined to get into this one. 

Was all happy to not pick this up as played it originally on import in the full fat ps3 days but oh it looks so so good.

I never finished it anyway so I think wait a week or two and there are going to be quite a few copies knocking around and going cheap as many bounce off it. 

8 hours ago, Jamie John said:

Sigh.

5 hours ago, Vemsie said:

Balls.

Just now, Ry said:

Aw fuck off. I know souls fans are a weird bunch but it's just my opinion. 

It's not the best looking launch game I have seen, and I'm not alone. 

You ignored several people asking you to suggest a better looking next gen game, but fair play, you managed to gaslight 'Souls fans' and told me to fuck off.

Entry level stuff, but I hope you're feeling better soon. All the best. 

3 hours ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

Still no reviews on YouTube! :wacko:

I'll have finished it by the time anyone tells me of it's good or not. 

I’m so thirsty for Youtube reviews I’ve just stuck on that hour+ DF dev discussion for a second watch. 

So, aye, yeah, fair enough. Weird bunch right enough :lol:

• robdood changed the title to Demon's Souls - remake's OUT - mindful of the spoilers, please!