Demon's Souls - remake's OUT - mindful of the spoilers, please!

That DF interview with Bluepoint was quite interesting, one good point raised at one point was the alleviation of frustration at dying due to almost instant retries.  Will be interesting to see how that works out for any newbies we have lurking here!

Can we have a show of hands for Demon's / Dark virgins who are taking the plunge next week? :D

I hope we get some new converts! :wub:

1 minute ago, robdood said:

That DF interview with Bluepoint was quite interesting, one good point raised at one point was the alleviation of frustration at dying due to almost instant retries.  Will be interesting to see how that works out for any newbies we have lurking here!

Can we have a show of hands for Demon's / Dark virgins who are taking the plunge next week? :D

I hope we get some new converts! :wub:

I am strongly in favour/looking forward to all this fast loading we will be treated to (especially after sampling it to a degree in Tsushima). I do wonder if for some people it might increase the frustration level though without a mandatory loading pause to cool down between attempts. (Speaking as a silly sod prone to a self destructive loop of not giving up and getting increasingly crap at playing as frustration mounts!)

14 hours ago, robdood said:

Lolwhat

Disclaimer : "90%" might not be an accurate number. I was being a little facetious. 

The point though - there's so much trolling - everywhere - as is being highlighted with all the "concern" pointing out. Also the ban system leans in favour of the trolls. 

12 minutes ago, Benny said:

Ah fuck, my "legitimate concerns" about the art changes be damned. Where is there PS5 stock?

Yeah I just watched a stream of someone playing the first area, it looks great, really drizzly and miserable just how it should be. All worries have been banished!

19 minutes ago, Parappa said:

Argos have this in stock at stores for £69.99 however when you add it to the cart its £64.99. Result. 

Wow. Those NG game prices are real... Expected there would be a bit of discounting going on. Suppose £65 is better than £70. Still bit eyewatering given its a 5th of the price of the actual console (well the digital PS5 version anyway). Actually surprised Sony aren't doing any pack-ins - they did with PS4 (Knack and Killzone packs IIRC). 

Think a Demon Souls pack would go down very well. Even pre-installed onto the digital version of the console... 

4 minutes ago, MattyP said:

Wow. Those NG game prices are real... Expected there would be a bit of discounting going on. Suppose £65 is better than £70. Still bit eyewatering given its a 5th of the price of the actual console (well the digital PS5 version anyway). Actually surprised Sony aren't doing any pack-ins - IIRC they did with PS4 (Knack and Killzone packs IIRC).

I guess not at the moment with Astro Bot been installed?

Just now, GamesGamesGames said:

My mate here has two today. One is mine but I won't see her until tomorrow. Don't know if UK has had any early shipping out. Assume it's Covid-related.

Damn dude that's lucky, well you'll be having a fun weekend then I'm sure. Enjoy!

5 minutes ago, GamesGamesGames said:

My mate here has two today. One is mine but I won't see her until tomorrow. Don't know if UK has had any early shipping out. Assume it's Covid-related.

Aye its out in the following areas:-

PS5 release date: 12th November in the US, Japan, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand and South Korea; 19th November in the UK and rest of the world

Guessing there are no issues these days with power etc as most PSUs work on a worldwide voltage range these days.

• robdood changed the title to Demon's Souls - remake's OUT - mindful of the spoilers, please!