Demon's Souls - remake's OUT - mindful of the spoilers, please!

6 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

That State of Play footage looks quite different to that initial footage they showed. Camera further out, the world looks slightly less detailed. Or is it just me (or the fact that it's only 1080p)?

The State of Play trailer goes up to 4K60 in the options.

May not have done initially (?) but does now.

Could one of you kind souls please confirm, That there is no distant relation to Rom the fucking bastard thing from bloodborne in this. 

Of all the bosses in all the souls like games that thing nearly tipped me over. 
Although I did nearly dragon punch a hole in my ceiling when he died. 

12 minutes ago, Dave White said:

Could one of you kind souls please confirm, That there is no distant relation to Rom the fucking bastard thing from bloodborne in this. 

Depends on what it was about rom you didn't like? Did you find the fight hard, or are you an arachnophobe? 

Having recently replayed demon's, I can confidently say none of the bosses are too  hard. At least not compared to Sekiro and Bloodborne! 

18 minutes ago, Dave White said:

You need to play Kind Souls. You reason with each boss and you agree to compromise and consider each other's needs.

12 minutes ago, Marlew said:

Don't worry @Dave White, you will be absolutely fine!

Hide contents

76698a93494f1c1d2beb0501418c271f.png

kin el....

6 minutes ago, robdood said:

Depends on what it was about rom you didn't like? Did you find the fight hard, or are you an arachnophobe? 

Having recently replayed demon's, I can confidently say none of the bosses are too  hard. At least not compared to Sekiro and Bloodborne! 

it was all that random dropping of the spiders id always get killed and could never figure out the pattern.

plus im not that fond of spiders...lol

As an arachnophobe I must say that Armour Spider doesn’t make me feel that freaked out or triggered. The fact it’s mostly covered up in metal armour seems to negate the “OMG SPIDER = PANTS SHAT” factor somehow. 

I’ve yet to play Bloodborne but big Rom looks way more horrific and terrifying a prospect.

I had to get gloriously tanked up on rum in order to stomach playing through the Bright Cove Tseldora in Dark Souls 2 earlier this year FWIW :ph34r:

14 hours ago, Calashnikov said:

As an arachnophobe I must say that Armour Spider doesn’t make me feel that freaked out or triggered. The fact it’s mostly covered up in metal armour seems to negate the “OMG SPIDER = PANTS SHAT” factor somehow. 

I’ve yet to play Bloodborne but big Rom looks way more horrific and terrifying a prospect.

I had to get gloriously tanked up on rum in order to stomach playing through the Bright Cove Tseldora in Dark Souls 2 earlier this year FWIW :ph34r:

lol Drunk Souls 

15 hours ago, Dave White said:

Dude have you never played Demon’s? You’re in for one fucking treat, also no Rom type bosses they’re all pretty reasonable - I thought Dark Souls was harder overall. 

Taken as it is, this looks like a technical marvel. But what they've changed about a lot of the art and the design of the enemies is really making it hard for me to get as excited about it as I could be to be honest. It looks like it's taking a much more significant departure in many areas from the original design vision than they did with the SotC remake. I'm not sure I can see the value of looking at a From creature creation and thinking "you know what, I reckon the world needs my fan art version instead"

This has been bugging me for years, and it's a bit of a big issue, maybe some old hands can help:

Spoiler

Am I the only one incapable of reading "Demons Souls" without it being to the tune of Even Flow by Pearl Jam?

Demons Souls
Float about like butterflies
Oh he don't know, so he chases anyway
Someday yet

he'll go splat his life again
Life again, life again

On 31/10/2020 at 06:45, jonamok said:

the player’s limp body moves so realistically.

I’m very behind with comments (not getting a PS5 and love the original too much to consider playing a remake by anyone other than From) but if this is an authentic remake that remark may not age well...

Corpses in demon’s souls behaved a lot like deflated balloons, frequently getting tangled in your feet as you ran over them (even 7 foot knights would get kicked about like rag dolls). I suppose that’s probably one of the first things they would have fixed since they are going for grimdark realism.

46 minutes ago, Darwock said:

I’m very behind with comments (not getting a PS5 and love the original too much to consider playing a remake by anyone other than From) but if this is an authentic remake that remark may not age well...

Lots of the 'rag-dolling' of enemies they've shown is much toned down from the original.

• robdood changed the title to Demon's Souls - remake's OUT - mindful of the spoilers, please!