Demon's Souls - remake apparently NOT coming to PC and other platforms.

Something looks very off with it tbh. But still, it could be miiiiiiles off at this point. 

Also, graphically v impressive, aside from those terrible smoke / fire particle effects, that looked a bit ps3 by comparison. 

2 minutes ago, Ferine said:

To me that's clearly a mistake in the trailer. Setting aside the whole Sony-owned-IP thing, it's a footnote without a paired asterisk.

It's a Sony owned IP?

The game came out on 360 right?

Edit: Ignore, thinking Dark Souls.

1 hour ago, robdood said:

Bah I hate having two threads for the same game! 

Save me typing twice lol

38 minutes ago, Hawklord said:

I'm going to be jealous of those that get this on PS5 and get to play it. It's going to be difficult but if it's true, then I'm waiting for the PC release. I don't see anything much else on the PS5 that's grabbing me so I'll be picking up an XBox

The fog doors are too quick, that is all :) 

Sources on twitter saying Sony have confirmed that the bluescreen at the end was a mistake, it's PS5 exclusive again. 

(Id bet a bollock it'll be out on PC sometime next year) 

So, it looks fucking amazing (it was clearly set in demo mode with no hud (git hud) and one-hit enemies), but by Christ the 4K 60 YT video is stunning. It is also a goddamn launch release (fooook), and it is a PS5 exclusive (we are now being told).

Day fucking one. Sony wins.

4 hours ago, layten said:

It's like when a Death Stranding FAQ accidentally announced the PC version. :lol: 

yeah. Those adverts were signed off. To publish to their official YouTube channel. On launch/price announcement day. Where all the eyeballs are.

6 hours ago, jonamok said:

So, it looks fucking amazing (it was clearly set in demo mode with no hud (git hud) and one-hit enemies), but by Christ the 4K 60 YT video is stunning. It is also a goddamn launch release (fooook), and it is a PS5 exclusive (we are now being told).

Day fucking one. Sony wins.

I'm happy to wait for the PC version.

8 hours ago, Curtis said:

Nobody on this forum knows Demon's like i do. That is a stone cold fact! :sherlock:

I was expecting this kind of video: it shows the tutorial and makes it look exciting - attacks being blocked willly-nilly, one-shot swings, regular rolls in Fluted Armour? Utterly ridiculous!

I can ignore all that because i liked all the other locations and enemies they revealed. But it still left me wondering whether Bluepoint had the balls to fuck with the legacy. We'll see.

I waited, with baited breathe for the console and Demon's exclusive price. Which i'm happy to pay. BUT! It's even better: PC too: my decision to buy a gaming laptop, makes even more sense.

And of course i'll multiple Platinum this game again, but not just yet.

there’s an “Arcade Mode” and dlc for the fella from MediEvil, Arthur from Ghouls n Ghosts, Crash Bandicoot, and assorted PlayStation Characters. Including the bloke from C12.

fact. 

11 hours ago, Bojangle said:

Yep, seems they're currently trying to retcon the mention of FFXVI coming to PC too. Not the kind of mistake you make multiple times across a single show.

The trailer is even weirder in making it a timed console exclusive in the blue card at the end after that PS5 logo. At this point it seems they've kept all options open until Sony decided just how much money they wanted to spend. Even if now, nobody actually knows its exact status as a result.

Take it to the bloody remake thread!

I just beat Alonne, or whatever his name is, at the end of 1-4. Big statue dropped a sword and the MiB has introduced me to a big tree like some snack! Well, we'll see about that!

And... Done. Aside from getting stuck a bit in the middle section, I really enjoyed this on the whole. It's the closest in structure and mechanics to Bloodborne, with its healing items and Nexus being apart from the world, in my opinion, and I think I liked it because of that. I never got on with estus flasks and the inability to replenish them in world, so I preferred this and blood vials. I also like the more straight forward story and quest nature of this game.

So yeah, on the whole, good stuff.

Hmmm, I would remove this thread's subtitle and add (2009), plus remove 'Also coming to PC' from the other thread. It's getting a little confusing. :ph34r:

Incidentally, I never finished this game because the trek from the last archstone, plus elevator was so laborious and whatshisface's special move...god damn.

8 minutes ago, Number 28 said:

Hmmm, I would remove this thread's subtitle and add (2009), plus remove 'Also coming to PC' from the other thread. It's getting a little confusing. :ph34r:

Incidentally, I never finished this game because the trek from the last archstone, plus elevator was so laborious and whatshisface's special move...god damn.

Once you killed the dragon, you could run to the elevator pretty much.

7 minutes ago, squirtle said:

Once you killed the dragon, you could run to the elevator pretty much.

Yeah, I did the dragon in eventually, but I sucked at the boss fight and lost patience. I think my character wasn't all that great because I started with magic then switched to swordplay. I'm determined to crack the remake...if in a few years when I finally get hold of a PS5. -_-

Just now, Number 28 said:

Yeah, I did the dragon in eventually, but I sucked at the boss fight and lost patience. I think my character wasn't all that great because I started with magic then switched to swordplay. I'm determined to crack the remake...if in a few years when I finally get hold of a PS5. -_-

Fair enough. Think the last boss took me three goes before I killed him but I can see how he would be a pain. I just kept interrupting his mega move with fireballs.

3 hours ago, squirtle said:

I have such a strange hankering to go back to this. Far more than DS1 or 2. Not sure why. Think it might be the more bite size levels in this, but something's itching in my head.

@Davros sock drawerwhat were your final thoughts on this?

Leaving aside my initial impressions when I bounced off it in 2010 or whenever it was, I seem to recall that when I’d just finished the game I enjoyed it, but it was still my least favourite overall. However, that position is now firmly occupied by DS2.

I seem to recall being impressed at the atmosphere and how many of the series’ core elements and tropes were in place, while also being infuriated at things like World Tendency, which can make a nonsense of character quest lines simply because you died a lot and turned the world tendency black.

That said, it still has some of my favourite areas and set pieces. Maybe a better way of putting it is that this one has some of the highest highs (the Storm King Boss) and lowest lows (a wall being in your way just because of world tendency), but I do think about the game a fair bit, and have watched Let’s Plays etc.

I could see how it would be someone’s favourite, especially if one had been there at the beginning.