Total Wipeout

Sigourney Beaver

Couldn't what, go down a slide, climb a little hill, do some crappy wall climb. Step on a rotating thing and then step off it. The only bit I would possibly fall off is the spinning walk thing even though it doesn't look like it spins very freely.

• 4 weeks later...

It's a shame people don't like this show...because I'm going to be on episode 7! :lol: Went to Argentina back in November for it. Had an amazing time there. I came in 2nd place, losing out on 1st by a single second. The USA version is certainly funnier but I've felt more recent episodes have been better then the original (the runtime seems to have been cut by 5 minutes which might explain it). The staff wanted to make it have a different feel to the USA one by having more time dedicated to us talking instead of getting wiped out.

Where can you apply? I can't find the site.

I found the application for it on www.beonscreen.com but that was months ago, not sure if its still there.

It's a shame people don't like this show...because I'm going to be on episode 7! :lol: Went to Argentina back in November for it. Had an amazing time there. I came in 2nd place, losing out on 1st by a single second. The USA version is certainly funnier but I've felt more recent episodes have been better then the original (the runtime seems to have been cut by 5 minutes which might explain it). The staff wanted to make it have a different feel to the USA one by having more time dedicated to us talking instead of getting wiped out.

I found the application for it on www.beonscreen.com but that was months ago, not sure if its still there.

Ill try and record it, is episode 7 next saturday? man that would suck being 1 second out to winning 10k.

Point of the show: sliiiiiiiightly misunderstood!

I know! People watched the USA version for the wacky commentators ripping the piss out of the crap contestants. No one has any interested in the contestants interviews, simply mentioning name, age, location, and possibly occupation before the start would have been fine. Since I was part of the final 3 contestants, I had the joint longest amount of interview time, if I had to guess roughly how much then it would be somewhere around the 45-60 minutes, wouldn't even be surprised if it was longer than that either. Like I've said on GRCade, I said a lot of crap during my interviews so I'm hoping they don't show most of it. In my defence, I was told what to say in some of the interviews and was told suggested phrases e.g. one interview I was asked did I see one of the older male contestants as a father figure! I decided I'd say what I wanted to say which was the truth, so a flat 'no.' I wished I'd said what I wanted to from the very start, but I'd been character profiled because of the bullshit I wrote in my application form to try and make me stand out from the other 1,000's of other applicants and thought I had to say what they wanted me to say.

Ill try and record it, is episode 7 next saturday? man that would suck being 1 second out to winning 10k.

Episode 6 is next Saturday. Episode 7 will likely be the 14th, but we were told that there may be a 1 week break in-between one of the episodes, so it could possibly be the 21st. Not only was I one second away from winning but I'd set a time of 1 minute 23 seconds on the final stage, any other episode and I would have been the winner by a huge margin, I think I may have held the series record for perhaps 5 minutes. :lol:

SPOILERS!

I guess I'm the only one that likes the greater screentime of the contestants compared to the US version. There can be some hilarious characters on it. The episode from 2 weeks ago being a prime example. We had the really quiet Welsh guy with the dreadlocks(his interviews were fucking hilarious), the guy with the two headbands, the footballers wife and the army guy who kept shouting at everbody. The fact that we knew what kind of guy he was made it all the sweeter to see him get knocked off the spinner. "NO GIRL'S GONNA BEAT ME! *5 seconds later* SMACK!"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

My episode is on tomorrow at 5.35PM if anyone wants to watch it.

Could you perhaps give a brief detailing of the process?

I've been thinking about applying. Do you have to have an audition before you go? How long are you in argentina? are you allowed to bring along anyone with you? etc!

thanks =)

• 10 years later...