IGNORED

Dredd 3D

Goose

Typical that this has basically bombed in the US. No sequel then I assume. Fuck :(

Think I'll go see this for a third time before it leaves the cinema, it'll probably be the last Dredd film we get in a cinema for a looooooong time or at least the last 18 rated one.

It's made about $14M in total - that includes US, UK and seven other territories. Depending how wide it goes (RE:R is out to 74 territories), it should cover its $45M production costs. While it's too early to tell if a sequel is doomed, initial signs don't look positive.

Don't get stressed out about the lack of a sequel, celebrate the fact that this absurdly unlikely throwback to the glory days of eighties action films was made at all. Enjoy the film we have, don't worry about some notional films that may or may not be made.

Possibly my favourite kill in the whole film was the very first one, the

pedestrian hit by van

It's loud, you see the full impact, and a shower of gore across the drivers side window...it actually made me jump in my seat a little, you know that poor bugger ain't getting back up. So 80's action, so awesome. Violence has consequences again.Hurrah.

I'll be skipping Taken 2 at the cinema due to the 12a nonsense.

Really fucking psyched to see this now, particularly after reading K's rave on the page previous. I wanna see the Barbican on Weightgain 2000 :) 1970's dystopia mixed with 1980's action ultra violence and dark comedy is a special blend I thought I'd never see again.

Will check it this week at some point.

Anyone think this could work as a TV Series? We've seen how TV these days can be done (both very good and very, very bad)

If it doesn't generate enough $$$ to warrant a sequel, could a network pick it up and make it work? It's no less violent than say Spartacus, so the 18 Cert wouldn't be a problem. Would be a good way to serialise some of the classic strips as well.

I paid absolutely no attention to this before release and only went to see it on a whim after seeing all the praise in this thread. What a bloody brilliant film! I'm not going to repeat all the same things other people have mentions, but they're all right, so I'll just mention my favourite bit.

Shortly after Anderson executes the perp there's a scene with her and Dredd in an elevator. Anderson is clearly a bit shaken and conflicted by the whole thing. Dredd is stood perfectly still, eyes forward, no expression, no second thought.

Took my sister to go see this today for her birthday and we pretty much had the cinema to ourselves. This was my second time watching it and it was still as breathtaking and an utter pleasure to watch as the first. Spotted a few nice little editions id missed first time round aswell like the leather jacket draped over one the seats in the van at the start with the words "DROKK" written on it ^_^ Again, what a spectacle, what a wonderfully delicious oddity to behold in amongst the constant dross, the "lets have violence but careful now not too much" middle of the road forgettable action bibble that you're assaulted with at every turn and getting top billing all over the place.

Man, sometimes its refreshing to get a proper 18 certificate version of these ideas for once.

We live in a world where Adam Sandlers Jack and Jill more than easily makes its money back and yet something like this, as far as I understand it, with fair to great reviews all over the place, an action film with great Independent spirit and a hark back to the days of 70s/80s sci-fi and actions "everything's fucked" nihilism and yet no one wants to know. The word "remake" has been utterly soiled and over saturated by so much guff that when something actually good pokes its head round the corner everyone's too cautious to just give it a try. The only reason I found out that this was perhaps something to take a shot at was from forum posts. Haven't even spotted an advert on tv or bus stop sign, poster or anything :(

A dude on another forum said he was thinking of going to see it but (despite the entire thread there who had seen it saying it was, at worst, just 'good') decided he'll check out the DVD and go see some badly reviewed baseball film with Clint Eastwood instead. Suffice to say, I despair at the US cinema-going public and come the revolution, they're #789 on the Gulags of Divine Justice list.

Seriously, all these fucking so-called movie geeks wringing their hands about the fact we don't get 80s style action thrillers anymore, or that Sam Raimi doesn't do horror films anymore but who then sit on their fat fucking arses and don't bother going to see these thing when they do appear can get fucked.

Drag Me To Hell. Scott Pilgrim. Dredd. All well made, well reviewed films and no fucker bothered, meanwhile Bay prepares to unleash yet more billion dollar horrors on us all.

Burn it. Burn it all.

[/gettin' mad about movies ITT]

Drag Me To Hell. Scott Pilgrim. Dredd. All well made, well reviewed films and no fucker bothered, meanwhile Bay prepares to unleash yet more billion dollar horrors on us all.

Maybe there’s just no market for these films any more? I reckon most of the people who were excited about Dredd and who went to see it are in their 30’s. And there just aren’t enough teens/people in their 20’s who are interested to make the money back. People our age just don’t go to the cinema in big enough numbers these days so 'our' films just won't get made. Drokkers.

Apparantly Asia, specifically china fucking love action films. I think the hope is now that it can make its money back there.

Fuck :(

A dude on another forum said he was thinking of going to see it but (despite the entire thread there who had seen it saying it was, at worst, just 'good') decided he'll check out the DVD and go see some badly reviewed baseball film with Clint Eastwood instead. Suffice to say, I despair at the US cinema-going public and come the revolution, they're #789 on the Gulags of Divine Justice list.

Fucking Neogaf! :wacko:

Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love.

Vue had smaller 3D glasses than I'm used to, which as a glasses wearer both shocked and disturbed me. However, the glasses fit perfectly onto my glasses meaning I didn't have to sit there holding the 3D glasses on my nose like I usually have to.

This added to the already marvellous 3D experience.

Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. ALL THE BLOOD AND HEAD SQUISHING!

The death of

Ma-Ma

was a thing of beauty. The way

they shot it, with us under the pavement, looking up at her as she hits and slowlys fills the screen with her blood, mercifully obscuring her accordian-style body was jaw dropping.

It is a fantastic moment. Really saving the best for last, I personally thought that

the way she saw the aftermath of all the various events of the film as she fell was amazing. The look on my face was one of 'wow, this is a surprisingly beautiful scene' while in the back of my head I was fist pumping and bellowing 'THAT IS WHY YOU DON'T FUCK WITH DREDD'.

I'm currently in the process of convincing a hesitant mate into seeing. Hell, I'm even offering to pay for him, ALL MUST SEE DREDD.