Bill and Ted 3

Watched this last night and loved it - Reeves and winter just fell back into being bill and ted with ease. My only criticism, which has already been said,  the ending seemed rushed - it really needed something more epic like the end of bogus journey (which in my eyes is equally as good as excellent adventure ).  

• Upvote 1

Hmmm. It was OK. Watched all three back to back today and the first is still the best for me by a mile.

Everyone looked like they had fun in this newest installment but I do feel it ran out of steam in the last quarter. Also it looked very cheap in places. 

• Upvote 1
29 minutes ago, Skull Commander said:

Hmmm. It was OK. Watched all three back to back today and the first is still the best for me by a mile.

Everyone looked like they had fun in this newest installment but I do feel it ran out of steam in the last quarter. Also it looked very cheap in places. 

I kinda thought that added to the charm as it fell right in place with the other 2. 

Reeves and Winter clearly had a blast doing this and it really shows, they fell back into those roles with such ease. Yeah, it ain't anything amazing but damn it was fun and I had a good time with it. The robot was especially funny. I laughed out loud multiple times.

I always thought God Gave Rock 'N' Roll to You their saving the world song mind, its certainly better than whats presented in this. Also if you have Dave Grohl in your film, why the fuck isnt he the drummer in your big ensemble band.

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, Pug said:

KR just wasn't convincing as an older Ted. Non non, non non... heinous.

I don't really agree but I do think Winter played his part much better. Maybe its because other than the Lost Boy, Bill and Ted is only thing I've ever seen him in

This was alright. Far from the worst nostalgia sequel I've seen. Good bit of fun, made me giggle a few times. But it felt rushed and sloppy in more than a couple of places. So, it's a lot like the original films.

If you remember Bill and Ted fondly, then you'll probably enjoy this.

• Upvote 1
31 minutes ago, SeanR said:

You seem to be hung up on the limited budget. Does it show?

Well the originals were not big budget movies and the special effects were always a bit basic... But I've just looked it up and this one was made for 25 million which doesn't sound a lot in movie terms.  It does fit with the other two movies and it's great it even got made at all  but an extra few quid to polish it up would have helped. It's defitely a labour of love for all involved and it's not some shitty Samurai Cop 2 cash-in, but I'm sure Keanu Reeves could have asked for 25 million on his own in another movie, and they made the entire film for that here.

On 28/08/2020 at 20:26, Thor said:

Hide contents

The end "song" ... eehhh, do they actually sing? No they don't, dude. Was the music good? It was okay. 

Spoiler

But it's not about the song, dude

I really liked this. Around the 30 minute mark I was worried that it just wasn't going to work, but it really won me over after a certain point mid way. Its pretty lean, got a bit emotional near the end, and the post credits scene had me proper lolling. I'll buy the blu ray and hopefully they'll release Bogus Journey on Blu around the same time. Orion finally crank out a 3rd movie that didn't ruin the franchise (hi robocop 3) lol

• Upvote 1

Just finished watching this. I have to say I didn’t like it at all. Didn’t even get the nostalgia factor.  I didn’t buy Reeves and Winter as Bill and Ted never mind the rest of the characters.  I can’t really articulate it but it almost felt like a parody of a Bill and Ted film to me.

Most disappointing as I love the first two.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Gringo said:

Just finished watching this. I have to say I didn’t like it at all. Didn’t even get the nostalgia factor.  I didn’t buy Reeves and Winter as Bill and Ted never mind the rest of the characters.  I can’t really articulate it but it almost felt like a parody of a Bill and Ted film to me.

Most disappointing as I love the first two.

If you truly loved them you'd know the correct response was "most heinous" or, alternatively, "bogus". 

Tsk. Call yourself a fan? 

• Upvote 1

So having seen the sum total of half of one trailer, the ending here is really, really obviously that

Spoiler

Their daughters fix everything and not Bill and Ted 

When they do stuff like this, it usually means the only way they can think of how to do another one is to sort of break the previous films so they can essentially remake them but worse as opposed to they’ve a great new direction to take things.

Am I wrong?

7 hours ago, Doctor Shark said:

If you truly loved them you'd know the correct response was "most heinous" or, alternatively, "bogus". 

Tsk. Call yourself a fan? 

You’re right! I’m such a dickweed.

Just seen this and I really enjoyed it, I don't mind some of the duff bits because as others said it looks like the cast were really enjoying themselves.

Based on the trailers I really wasn't sold on this but the bit where

they perform the song at the wedding

had me roaring immediately and I watched the rest with a simple on my face and laughed alot more than I expected.

• Upvote 1