rllmuk
Capwn

Bill and Ted 3

11 hours ago, SeanR said:

I just realised the William Sadler who played death in BaTBJ is the SAME William Sadler who played Colonel Stuart in Die Hard 2... :facepalm:

....and now so have I! :hat:

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Gizamaluke said:

Longest ever gap between sequel and threequel?

Probably.

I thought the 26 year Twin Peaks wait would not be beaten (but series 2 of TP did have the mother of all cliff-hangers).

sequel to threequel?

what about about mad max beyond thunderdome to fury road?

original to sequel?

has to be any disney STV sequel to an original animation, like...

bambi to bambi 2?

2 hours ago, SeanR said:

sequel to threequel?

what about about mad max beyond thunderdome to fury road?

Beyond Thunderdome is the threequel. 

Ended up watching Bogus Journey on friday night.

I'd not seen it for a few years, it's a bit of an odd one though.

The music is superb (in fact ended up listening to the OST on saturday). However the film is all over the place. Maybe I'm just being a bit critical for what it is, but it's dumbed down from the first film.

The baddie, well really isn't a threat at all. I think he is in it for a maximum of 3 minutes. I guess the the film is more about Bill & Teds self discovery journey though.

The real issue i have is that why are Bill & Ted supposed to be these musical gods? Because to me it could be anyone that reached their status (in fact, it seems very cultist, especially in the first movie!).

Sure they disappear at the end and return as rock gods, but none of them can sing.. so why are they so legendary?

The film gets a bit silly in the credits, so I am a little perplexed how a Bill & Ted 3 will work.. or whether it's really needed? Don't get me wrong I'm looking forward to the movie but they kinda wrapped things up without any way of moving forward.

• Upvote 1

Well 3 goes under the premise (I'll spoiler it in case people are that bothered)

Spoiler

That they DON'T become the rock gods that save mankind. The movie is about trying to find out where it all went wrong and rectifying that.

That's what I've read. I have lots of love for Bogus Journey but yeah it's a little all over the place. Denomolos is never really a threat, I suppose like you say it's more about Bill and Ted finding themselves and even the Evil Bill and Ted throwing existentialism into it. If it's that smart.

I just hope they lay off the 'fag' gags in this one. There's really no place for them anymore.

Would be proper funny if it was a 'modern female take on Bill and Ted' and you only actually see the 'dads' at the end for a 5min cameo.

• Upvote 1

I wonder when film makers are going to realise that shoehorning ‘all new female versions of the characters you loved, but with added sass’ into existing films really isn’t addressing the gender imbalance in hollywood.

Just write some new stuff that is female focused from its inception, rather than creating opposite sex versions of characters we’ve already got.

Maybe this isn’t that and I’m ranting over nothing, but it definitely feels that way!

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, JPL said:

I wonder when film makers are going to realise that shoehorning ‘all new female versions of the characters you loved, but with added sass’ into existing films really isn’t addressing the gender imbalance in hollywood.

Just write some new stuff that is female focused from its inception, rather than creating opposite sex versions of characters we’ve already got.

Maybe this isn’t that and I’m ranting over nothing, but it definitely feels that way!

You got all that from a casting announcement?

45 minutes ago, DukeOfEarlsfield said:

You got all that from a casting announcement?

Nah, not really. I think it was the recent Ghostbusters that did it and I really hope this doesn’t follow that path. It feels like a weird trend that’s been happening lately. Not that I’m against women in films, at all. It was just so badly handled there and it ended up being a terrible film.

Stuff like Captain Marvel, for example, is the right way to do it. Although saying that, I do think the all female superhero team up in Endgame was a bit cringe worthy.

Like I said, maybe I’m moaning for the wrong reasons and here’s hoping it turns out well.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, JPL said:

Nah, not really. I think it was the recent Ghostbusters that did it and I really hope this doesn’t follow that path. It feels like a weird trend that’s been happening lately. 

Ghostbusters was 3 years ago. You're overreacting.

1 hour ago, schmojo said:

Ghostbusters was 3 years ago. You're overreacting.

Yeah, I said that in both my previous posts.

7 hours ago, SeanR said:

wait, weren't the kids at the end of bogus journey both boys?

They were introduced as baby Bill and Ted, and these are Billie and Thea.

On 05/06/2019 at 21:43, JPL said:

Cant wait to see future versions of “Bob Jones’ Diary” and “Thelma and Louie”. 

I’m sure the fans of the originals will be equally as excited.