Resident Evil 5 Demo

I think I might prefer going through a game like this alone; I'm not convinced co-op is a good idea for the series really, it changes the atmosphere completely for me as well as the dynamics of the game. But I suppose I'm quite sniffy about things like that. (I presume it's co-op/partner AI throughout the game.)

I agree that going back to those controls/that movement is a bit of a shock in itself. Although I suppose that's just stating the obvious.

Depends how it works and who you play with. I thought what you did initially but if you play with someone else who, you know, gets in character, it could be awesome.

ESPECIALLY if the devs put a lot of thought into it. Ie, full voice-comms by default and then have sections where suddenly, bzzz, you lose contact. Or their voice starts cutting out, you get split up, etc. Could work really well.

How are you all managing to get this?

I've tried signing up for a Japanese Hotmail account, then creating a new user on my 360, but when I got to sign up for live it tells me that Xbox Live signup is currently unavailable on the password input screen.

I think Major Nelson said Live would be down for a little bit today or something

Depends how it works and who you play with. I thought what you did initially but if you play with someone else who, you know, gets in character, it could be awesome.

ESPECIALLY if the devs put a lot of thought into it. Ie, full voice-comms by default and then have sections where suddenly, bzzz, you lose contact. Or their voice starts cutting out, you get split up, etc. Could work really well.

Oh, I can see this working well online with the right partner. I meant in terms of the single player / AI partner. I can see why that'd need to be in to allow the online co-op to work, but I don't think I'm taking to the partner AI really.

How are you all managing to get this?

I've tried signing up for a Japanese Hotmail account, then creating a new user on my 360, but when I got to sign up for live it tells me that Xbox Live signup is currently unavailable on the password input screen.

You don't need a JP hotmail account.

I used one of my gmail accounts to sign up

The game is very similiar to the last one, but the dynamic isn't exactly the same.

For instance, the large axe dude breaks down walls and this mixes things up a bit, also you'll get people coming through holes in the ceiling and so on. They do also approach from all angles.

Probably wouldn't be allowed to do stuff like that with Microsoft's Live TRC.

You don't need a JP hotmail account.

I used one of my gmail accounts to sign up

I just did the same.

Ages ago I used my gmail account to sign up for windows live messenger. Used that username@gmail.com and the password, selected locale as Japan, signed up for a 1month free trial.

What if someone where to make a new one with a new hotmail and shared password, then couldn't we migrate the profile around on the forum- download Resi, when you're done post the details, let someone else restore the account and download it onto their 360?

Would this work?

But that first scenario insanely tough - not sure they should put that in the demo as it's gonna put a lot of people off.

I'm still a bit taken aback just how much it plays and feels like Resi 4

Fair enough, but I got to grips with it after one death. I think a more intense, challenging demo is better than one with barely any action - people would complain about that. I know the controls seem odd at first, but you pick it up pretty quickly. Think about it, it's a new control scheme on a new pad. That said, I had mostly gotten used to it after 3 goes, in which I died once, and then completed both scenarios quite well.

I just did the same.

Ages ago I used my gmail account to sign up for windows live messenger. Used that username@gmail.com and the password, selected locale as Japan, signed up for a 1month free trial.

What if someone where to make a new one with a new hotmail and shared password, then couldn't we migrate the profile around on the forum- download Resi, when you're done post the details, let someone else restore the account and download it onto their 360?

Would this work?

Ive seen people doing this on other forums and it works, unfortunately I cant set it up as im at work.

Fair enough, but I got to grips with it after one death. I think a more intense, challenging demo is better than one with barely any action - people would complain about that. I know the controls seem odd at first, but you pick it up pretty quickly. Think about it, it's a new control scheme on a new pad. That said, I had mostly gotten used to it after 3 goes, in which I died once, and then completed both scenarios quite well.

Yeah I'm just outta practice, I was all fingers and thumbs. I also wasted loads of my shotgun ammo on normal dudes; unaware there was some huge axe wielding motherfucker about to bust through wall !

When the PS3 ver is up I wan to see what it feels like on the DS3 pad.

I set up a new Jap account yesterday under an email I don't use. If anyone wants to borrow it leave a post here, I'll PM it to the first and they can pass it on.

I'll bite thanks, won't be able to use it until after work though (6ish).

Yeah I'm just outta practice. I was all fingers and thumbs I also wasted loads of my shotgun ammo on normal dudes unaware there was some huge axe wielding motherfucker about to bust through wall !

I find it odd, but I needed to get a handle on it quickly because I playing it at the Eurogamer Expo and I wanted to complete the demo.

You need to keep moving, a hell of a lot, and keep looking for ammo because you use it up quickly. Get yourself into a corner, make a stand, move on and look for ammo.

I find it odd, but I needed to get a handle on it quickly because I playing it at the Eurogamer Expo and I wanted to complete the demo.

You need to keep moving, a hell of a lot, and keep looking for ammo because you use it up quickly. Get yourself into a corner, make a stand, move on and look for ammo.

Yep that's exactly how I was surviving in the second scenario easily, just kept running and taking well placed shots. It really quite a bit more intensive than 4

This might be handy if you're still in sleep mode like me.

How to actually download the demo via Japanese Xbox LIVE Marketplace:

* Login to your Japanese Gold account

* Once logged in press the xbox button in the middle of your controller to bring up the "old" dashboard

* Navigate to the market place tab, then go to Game Marketplace

* From Game Market place navigate all the way down to ALL GAMES

* Then from ALL GAMES. Then go to "ALL" (instead of trying to understand japanese alphabet). Then just scroll through all the games until you get to BioHazzard 5 (it should be 270 of 40

* Once you get to BioHazzard 5, the first screen should say "Get Demo" and viola you are downloading the demo. Should be like 472 MBs.

It fells like Resident Evil 4.5 to me which is no bad thing considering I got the handcannon on both the GC and Wii versions of Resi 4.

The graphics are great the sound is great and they've added strafing without losing the panicy controls that we love.

Can't beat the axe guy on scenerio one or the chainsaw fella on two (love the sack on his head with the eye looking through the hole).

I'm still a bit taken aback just how much it plays and feels like Resi 4

I'm surprised you could ever have expected anything else. Top of the list of "things I would expect RE5 to be like" would be RE4. Most Japanese games have very gradual changes between iterations, which is why RE4 was viewed as such a revolutionary step for the series.

That said, the controls in RE4 were almost exactly the same as RE1, 2, 3 etc. It was just the perspective that changed.

I just got my head chainsawed off when I had to go and rescue that stupid woman, who decided to fall over next to chainsaw man. Is it just me or can those guys take a lot more punishment than in resi 4? It definitely feels more panicky due to the scarcity of ammo in the demo.

Also, when I downloaded it off live, I'm not sure which submenu I selected it from, but biohazard 5 was the first option available to me in one of those little sidescrolling menus. Just keep randomly clicking.