IGNORED

Black Mesa Source

fasteasyfree

I've only just started, but was doing my standard trip around talking to everyone before the resonance cascade. They actually put new comic moments in there, it's outstanding. The conversation with the three people arguing about why re doing work was a good thing or not was splendid. Actually putting the half life 2 scientists in there as particular named people. The changes to the start means that it really feels like everything old is new again. I'm genuinely angry that I'm tired.

Cant remember if it was in the original, but i lolled at

the scientist squashing a headcrab with a CRT monitor, and while hes celebrating his kill, a headcrab jumps him from behind

:lol:

Seriously, when you think that this is free, and microsoft charged 40 euro for a remake of Halo, its just insane. This is easily as good a quality remake as CE:A was.

Yeah they've added loads of little bits that weren't in the original game (or if they were I can't remember them). I love the bit where the security guard is saying

"One of those things has latched itself to my buddy's head, you've got to help me get it off him!"

While a headcrab zombie shambles along behind him

Fuck me, looks amazing, Weekend totally sorted. Cant wait to see...loads of bits. Gargantua...ninjas..fighting the recons...the gauss gun on the bridge with the chopper.... Not to be trolly but when people are desperate to spend 600 quid on an iphone 5, 300 quid on a wii u....and this is free.....

Took me about 20 minutes to download last night, but I was playing BF3 so didn't do much but the opening train ride section - still the best opening to any game I've ever played - and I'm really looking forward to re-playing the whole thing. Must be fifteen years since I last gave it a full run through.

I also wondered if this would ever see the light of day, so it was a very welcome surprise to see it suddenly appear.

Anyone else have a problem where UI strings aren't showing up correctly? I'm getting placeholders like #BMS_intro_location.

Nope. I've only had two issues so far. Launching the game crashed, so I had to specify the resolution (set launch options, "-w 1920 -h 1080"). Also, the bit where you first get to the electrified water after getting out of the lift. I had to turn around and face into the lift to turn the flashlight on; facing into the hallway and activating it caused the game to crash.

Cant remember if it was in the original, but i lolled at

the scientist squashing a headcrab with a CRT monitor, and while hes celebrating his kill, a headcrab jumps him from behind

Seriously, when you think that this is free, and microsoft charged 40 euro for a remake of Halo, its just insane. This is easily as good a quality remake as CE:A was.

I'm certain that was in the original.

One new one I liked was

A security guard calling gordon a sellout for losing the ponytail!