rllmuk
fasteasyfree

Black Mesa Source

It's HL1 in the Source engine isn't it?

Done properly, I mean.

Ah, that sounds pretty good. I got confused because I knew there was already a Half Life Source

Ah, that sounds pretty good. I got confused because I knew there was already a Half Life Source

Yeah, basically just pretty water and the newer physics. This aims to be a proper update. Turns out that as long as you own any game that runs on the source engine, you can play this.

This has been kicking around for a while. Has it actually come along at all from a handful of screenshots over the past couple of years?

Yeah, it definitely looks like a lot of work has gone into it. I just hope a gameplay video get released before long. Fingers crossed that when it's completed, Valve will integrate it into Steam so we'll have automatic updates.

Oh wow, they've actually been updating the site? This has been going on for years now, I had given up any hope of them finishing it but it seems to be coming together. The environments look outstanding for a mod.

When the fuck is Sven Co-op 2 coming out? Everytime I check the website it's all "oh we're holding off working on SC2 to finish the latest SC1 v3.64378962534789 update" Fucking let it go, nobody cares!

When the fuck is Sven Co-op 2 coming out? Everytime I check the website it's all "oh we're holding off working on SC2 to finish the latest SC1 v3.64378962534789 update" Fucking let it go, nobody cares!

A high five for you mister. SC2 is all but abandoned :)

Any word on how they're going to do the rubbish end bit? Are they going to change it in anyway? I think I'd be fine if they almost cut it out all together.

c1a4_release11_001.jpg

nice shadows.

I've been quietly looking forward to this since it was announced all those years back. Even if it takes another few years, they're doing it for free, so I have no right to complain.

It's just a pity that I'm selling my gaming PC, and probably won't get to play it properly...

Any chance to play the original Half-Life in flashy Source-o-Vision gets me excited. Mind you, they actually finished it two years ago. It's just that they're such big fans of Valve they decided to stick to their drawn out Half-Life release schedule, too.