IGNORED

The Ryman League - Official thread

SaintM

siread 1 - 0 heretic

heretic 0 - 2 siread

I swear Fifa hated me in these games. So many passes going absolutely nowhere near where they're planned. Si's first goal was a rebound off the bar which my player failed to hoof despite having bucketloads of time. Another goal came from my player under pressure deciding not to pass but instead keep dribbling, which lead to Si getting the ball well in my half past my defence to slot it home. Well played to Si and that cos he played really well, but those two games were absolute torture due to Fifa doing what it wanted instead of what I wanted :wub:. Absolute hell.

CFTGs mate.

:)

Two monstrous games against hereticboy. I decided to try out 5 at the back seeing as his record was nigh-on perfect and managed to sneak a 1-0 win in the first game. Second game I missed a couple of sitters, he missed a couple of sitters then I got the breakthrough. I was taking a pounding for much of the match and went down to 10 men for the final stages of the game. Managed to nick a second on the break on 90 minutes. Chuffed. :wub:

siread 1-0 hereticboy

hereticboy 0-2 siread

Cheers mate.

Just played fattakin:

heretic 2 - 0 fattakin

fattakin 1 - 3 heretic

The scores pretty much say it really. One thing of note is that fattakin got 6 yellow cards and a straight red in that second match. Poor challenges flying in from everywhere from him. No need for it, really. All the same, cheers for the games, mate.

Sorry about my post below about our matches, Si. I come across as a right cunt :wub:. I think it's that there wasn't room for such errors if I wanted anything from the game, so every one made me turn that little bit more mental :).

Sorry about my post below about our matches, Si. I come across as a right cunt :wub:. I think it's that there wasn't room for such errors if I wanted anything from the game, so every one made me turn that little bit more mental :).

No worries. I know the feeling all too well and felt very lucky when some of those shots flew over the bar. I apologise for playing 5 at the back! Oh, and for not using a mic - I wanted to concentrate 100%. :P

Sorry Heritic , I just haven't been playing FIFA enough (damn you fallout) and when I got the goal I thought id just go mental in the search for another. Plus you were clearly out skilling me - they weren't frustration tackles tho, i bow to your free kick prowess. Can you PM me some tips!!!

Sorry i had no com's on as the missus usually plays Piano when im on the xbox so it wouldn't have been pleasant for either of us.

Can whomever i have left to play PM me here as i cant get the rllmukproevo site in work.

Final fixtures

Here are the remaining matches to be played in this league.

All games should be played and reported by Sunday 3pm.

Corky Romano vs Bash

themomentbefore vs geldra

Afterbirth vs Mike.

geldra vs fattakin

Corky Romano vs mortis316uk

Corky Romano vs Mike.

mortis316uk vs themomentbefore

fattakin vs Bash

Siread vs geldra

The Goat Keeper vs Hereticboy

Afterbirth vs Razzle

If you are unable to play this week, fixtures can be granted a week extension to play providing it's requested and a match time/day is confirmed before the end of this week.

If games are not played by the end of the week, penalties will be applied!

Additionally, the following chaps have not yet confirmed what they are doing for Season 17

Corky Romano

fattakin

geldra

Hereticboy

Mike.

mortis316uk

Razzle

The Goat Keeper

Okay i'll tell you...

I lost 8-0...yes thats....eight - nil.

I don't know what happened. I was pleased with the previous win and made a minor change to my formation (and i think Mike made a MAJOR change). I also played my defenders out far too early sometimes (which i stopped doing, then started doing when i started winning other XBL games).

Well done mate....

Just capped my season off, thank you to Hereticboy! ( and congrats too! )

Very happy actually, these were two training sessions for me

game one I lost 2-1 which could have been a lot more.. if it werent for Heretic missing some shots, and my keeper going for it.

Enjoyable!

Game two I went down to 10 men but still only lost 3-0

good games for me really!

Thanks for a great season everyone :)

Oh, and I will sit down and pay Saint M for next season in the morning!

Okay i'll tell you...

I lost 8-0...yes thats....eight - nil.

I don't know what happened. I was pleased with the previous win and made a minor change to my formation (and i think Mike made a MAJOR change). I also played my defenders out far too early sometimes (which i stopped doing, then started doing when i started winning other XBL games).

Well done mate....

Cheers, Im still not sure how I managed it. It seemed my shots which normally go over or wide went in, a huge amount of luck it seems.

Enjoyed playing you though, thanks :-)

I bet you fucking did :ph34r:.

heh....well done. :D

The first game was much, much better though (duh, i would say that).

We had some real swings in that game with a mass of attacks at each other. Even then i didn't think (given your position) you'd play as well as you did, even in the first game but you really had me nailed down.

The second was a disaster - i had one early strike which i thought was the "horse head on the bed" moment - you know....warning...i'm going to destroy you.

Clearly it was my horse. and my bed :)

Final fixtures

Here are the remaining matches to be played in this league.

All games should be played and reported by Sunday 3pm.

Corky Romano vs Mike.

mortis316uk vs themomentbefore

Siread vs geldra

Afterbirth vs Razzle

geldra vs fattakin

Corky Romano vs mortis316uk

If you are unable to play this week, fixtures can be granted a week extension to play providing it's requested and a match time/day is confirmed before the end of this week.

If games are not played by the end of the week, penalties will be applied!

Additionally, the following chaps have not yet confirmed what they are doing for Season 17

geldra

Razzle

Had my final games last night. I think i could have finished better than last but for the blip around Xmas when i wasn't playing any games and was coming in cold to my games.

Played a great 0-0 in the first game, lots of good tacking and a congested midfield. I really enjoyed it.

The 2nd game i got a good goal in the first half and we continued to scrap it out until i got a deflection / volley for the 2nd which finished it off.

See you all back in the Rymans next season :)

Fin.

I can't believe how much pitch difference makes too games. My fantastic games against Razzle started off slowly with many chances but no one really being able to put anything away. Razzle had the majority here but the slow pitch didn't really suit my team with the result 0-0. The second game was on a faster short grass pitch giving both teams the opportunity to run. Final score was 8-2 in my favour (inc. one free kick - my first ever).

Many thanks for the games Razzle and good luck. No doubt see you next season i expect.

Scores confirmed.

Two wide open games (ignore the 0-0 scoreline in the first it could have been 4-4). I had the better of the first game and Afterbirth dominated the second. Looks like we might get each other in the playoffs, i'll have to up my game if so.

CFTG mate :)

Apartfrom defeat, I did think the first game was more enjoyable as a game,

I'll lose my last 2 now in scruffy 1-0's

Almost! Lost the first 1-0, the second was a 0-0. Enjoyed both games a lot, real end to end stuff. Though after my goalfest, I was back to my usual rubbish self. Ah well, Roll on next season.

siread 1 - 0 geldra

geldra 0 - 4 siread

First game was very tense. Started 4-3-3 to attack the game and went 1 up just before halftime, although geldra almost sneaked a quick equalizer. Second half I went 5 at the back to try to stifle the game and get a goal on the break. I hit the post twice and geldra missed a few good chances but it finished 1-0.

Second game I was much more relaxed thanks to securing 3 points to consolidate 2nd place (barring a massive defeat). Played 3-5-2 which was great fun as it offered lots of passing options from midfield. Scored a lovely goal from a sweeping move. Set a player on the run from left fullback area with the 1-2 move but chose to play it through midfield rather than give him the return pass. He popped up on the left wing and received the ball then played a proper 1-2 to get in on goal and he slotted it nicely.

CFTG mate. ^_^