League Two - Official thread

SaintM

I was angry, true. I quit but I deserve to be kick out anyway, true. But I am absolutely not lying about this and only a total cock with no command of any of the facts at all would accuse me of lying about this.

The 'general consensus' has no idea about playing home games at my house and no other explanation for the fact I have many points away from home and none at home except when playing at my gf's.

Something makes the game not work. That's just how it is. No amount of snide, false accusing by any amount of ridiculous sycophantic bullies will change that.

You can't argue with Billy: he's like the nicest person on the forum!

Anyway, I played Steely the other night, and his connection is a pig (due to him living in student accomodation). My home game was laggy as fuck (for both players), while his home game was far better (though still undoubtedly laggy). Discussing the matter with him, he thinks that's usually the way it is.

So considering it's unbdoubtedly his connection that has the problem, he's having the opposite experience to you: his AWAY games are worse.

You can't argue with Billy: he's like the nicest person on the forum!

He's just made a fairly big, pompous, condescending insult based on something about which he is in fact completely wrong. So no. No he isn't.

Anyway, I played Steely the other night, and his connection is a pig (due to him living in student accomodation). My home game was laggy as fuck (for both players), while his home game was far better (though still undoubtedly laggy). Discussing the matter with him, he thinks that's usually the way it is.

So considering it's unbdoubtedly his connection that has the problem, he's having the opposite experience to you: his AWAY games are worse.

Erm, so you are saying you personally experienced more lag in your home game here. That being the only first-hand evidence you have from this experience, it says very little.

I think most people will be giving more weight to DangerM's argument over yours with how you've come accross tonight, that shouldn't come as a surprise to you.

For some reason I had you in my head as a forum good guy, have I met you at one of the earlier Sheffield meets or something? Maybe not, but your online persona is making you appear to be a bit of a cunt at the moment.

I'm aware of this. When surrounded by idiots and cunts I am currently tending to default to cunt mode. I don't like this any more than anyone else does, which is why I'm leaving.

Erm, so you are saying you personally experienced more lag in your home game here. That being the only first-hand evidence you have from this experience, it says very little.

Heh, that wasn't really the point, no.

It was that Steely (you know, the guy I said had the shit connection?) says he generally finds he gets a WORSE connection in his AWAY games, which is the exact opposite of what you're saying you're experiencing.

Heh, that wasn't really the point, no.

It was that Steely (you know, the guy I said had the shit connection?) says he generally finds he gets a WORSE connection in his AWAY games, which is the exact opposite of what you're saying you're experiencing.

But that's completely impossible right? Oh wait, no, you're right - different people have different experiences.

Sounds to me like his connection is fine and is up to hosting, and the connection of the other hosting player gets in the way a bit when he's not hosting.

Meanwhile your own relative lag experience at the other end is 'more lag at home'.

Anyone would notice within seconds of starting a home match here that it just doesn't work.

I'm aware of this. When surrounded by idiots and cunts I am currently tending to default to cunt mode. I don't like this any more than anyone else does, which is why I'm leaving.

It's not even about whether or not your home games are indeed unplayable for you. The fact is players like you aren't welcome in this league. Plenty of people have taken a beating before, and I'm sure a lot of them have blamed lag or inept Fifa defending for their loss, but I don't ever recall a player taking things as low as you did in our game.

You're no longer in this league, and you're just repeating yourself, so I think everyone would be happier if you refrained from posting in this thread any more.

Wow the League 2 thread kicked off!!

Personally, I think this is outrageous and I simply cannot believe that it is Synchronated who walked before he was pushed. DangerM has clearly been using the special 'dive command' that is hidden in FIFA to get Synchronated's players sent off. Shocking behavior and I'd like to see, at the very least, his points docked (preferably enough to put him below me in the table).

drogba_dive.jpg

Sounds to me like his connection is fine and is up to hosting, and the connection of the other player gets in the way when he's not hosting.

His connection is poor; he said so himself. I've never really had lag in FIFA 09 before playing him, but he gets it all the time, due to living in student accomodation. But obviously his connection is fine. :lol:

I don't know what to say if you're just going to interpret it however you like to suit your argument, so let's just leave it there. It's been fun though!

What it comes down to is that no-one other than sync knows what his experience is.

No-one has come forward to repeat his experiences, but that's neither here nor there. We've all had times when connections just don't work (myself and pompey could not be in the same BAP room in '08, as it would lock up our 360s) so it's not outside the realms of believability that it could happen.

The rules do cover this sort of thing though, so it should never be an insurmountable issue.

The only thing that is a fact is that purposely getting men sent off is unacceptable behaviour in the league.

Regardless of how bad the connection is, there is no exuse to screw over someone else in such a way. People use their free time to play in the league and it's not much to ask that people respect that. To then come into here and try to excuse it because of the connection isn't on.

DangerM isn't responsible for your connection issues, so why take it out on him?

Welcome Nada Surf!
\o/ Great to have an old favourite back!

Thanks, guys!! I used to be in League Two, way back when we were playing PES4 (good old Real Betis). They say never come back, but really enjoying Fifa this year so put my name down on the waiting list and fortunately this opening came up. I'll carry on with Lazio, so hoping to get in a few practice games with them tonight and then arrange games next week.

Cheers.