Tracklist:

1. Youthman & Luce - Brother Don't Cry

2. Redlight - MDMA

3. D Double E - Woo Riddim

4. Flux Pavillion - Got To Know

5. Boogaloo Crew - Days Go BY

6. Skream - Raw Dogz

7. Joker - Tron (Kromestar Remix)

8. Chew Lips - Salt Air (Plastician Remix)

9. Trolley Snatcha - We Rock The Forest

10. G Tank - Electronic Era

++ Tempa T - Boy Off Da Ting Acapella

11. Rude Kid - Electric

12. Plastician & 12th Planet - West Croydon

13. 12th Planet Feat. Juakali - Reasons (Doctor P Remix)

14. D Double E - Streetfighter

15. Joker & TC - It Aint Got A Name

16. Om Unit - Searching

17. Benga - Transform

18. Drumsound & Bassline Smith - R U Ready (Dubstep Mix)

19. Simian Mobile Disco - Cruel Intentions (Joker Remix)

20. Doctor P - Sweet Shop

21. P Money - Left The Room (Skreamix)

22. Teddy & G Tank - Ghanaian Fire

23. Distance - No Warning

24. Paul Harris - I Want You (Bar9 Remix)

25. Flux Pavillion - Normalize

26. Stinkahbell - Stalker

27. Mr Virgo - Cinema

28. Joker - Digidesign (Om Unit's Pop Lock Remix)

29. Om Unit - The Corridor

Download aso one continuous track:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/13ts2s

Seperate tracks:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/fy96aa

Plasticman's dropped his May 2010 Mix!

Have to admit I was mostly disappointed with this, I think I just love the really heavy dubstep too much, shit like Datsik, Excision, Reso's abrasive stuff. Most of that was kinda samey aside from the Flux Pavillion, Doctor P and Drumsound/Bassline Smith tracks which I enjoyed.

[yt]ArblwFNnoBs[/yt]

Grabbed this from Joker's recent Radio 1 mix - the Benga track is awesome. If you hit play, seriously, wait 'til the female vocals rush in from the Major Lazer - saying it's banging does not do it justice.

Have to admit I was mostly disappointed with this, I think I just love the really heavy dubstep too much, shit like Datsik, Excision, Reso's abrasive stuff. Most of that was kinda samey aside from the Flux Pavillion, Doctor P and Drumsound/Bassline Smith tracks which I enjoyed.

That sucks man. I thought there was a ton of tunes in there that make me realise how much I've neglected dubstep sometimes. Thought that Doctor P track was ace.

Plastician and 12th Planet's West Croyden, Joker and TC, Trolley Snatcha's We Rock The Forest! Boogaloo Crew's Days Go By, and the hype from Tempz. Did anyone else think that Tron remix was tame as fuck?

The mix disappointed me, because I have been out of dubstep for a few months, and yet I'd heard about half the mix before many, many times, and the stuff I hadn't heard was mainly remixes of shit tracks (such as that awful digidesign remix that pretty much did its best to ruin the track). Half of it was being played out in clubs last Summer, and the other half was just shit wobble and terrible remixes.

Also, Boogaloo Crew don't get the respect they deserve. One of my flatmates at Uni went to school with them, so we've been exposed to their shit early on (we were rinsing Days Go By last Autumn) but it's good to see they're finally getting the respect they deserve. Shit like this is sick:

[yt]YJEp9Ipp0cE[/yt]

Your taste couldn't be any more opposite to mine. I fucking hate stuff that most people describe as "heavy", such as machine gun wobble stuff. Just gives me a headache, and if it gets played out in a club it's normally my cue to head to the smoking area for a few tracks. I mean, I hate sub genres, but I kind of wish all the heavy macho machine gun shit would just splinter off and leave the rest of dubstep alone.

I went through that whole anguish with Drum and Bass and got nothing for my troubles, so there's no way i'm letting the way dubstep's gone bother me. Fact is, there's so much good stuff coming out that isn't "heavy macho machine gun shit", I can safely ignore the rotten gear and get on with the new shit.

[yt]K1VLaXoRRdk[/yt]

I was dissappointed with the Plastician mix too, nothing really stood out for me.

I've been listening to brackles podcast recently, really chilled summer vibes.

^^^ Tune.

I do like to be kicked in the jaw by tunes, the first dubstep I heard was just pure violence in a rhythmic format so I associate the genre with that mostly... Like this:

Noisia - Machine Gun (16bit remix)

[yt]0X2NPMOyFMg[/yt]

Yes, those samples are exactly what you think they are.

That animation just made me sad... :o Vid was far better than the track on that one.

Anyone familiar with Hooky? I'm quite liking his stuff at the minute.

Hooky - When You Wake Up

[yt]moH7rvdI_sw[/yt]

Yeah, the tracks nice, but not amazing. Its good to see a well made dubstep video though!

If you don't already, you should listen to the Ego Thieves podcasts. The Dubfluencial mixes especially would be right up your street. http://www.egothieves.com

..and this probably will be too. Not dubstep.. but there's always room for some particularly nasty drum n' bass:

[yt]2Diyn7Tpcr4[/yt]

More chillstep. Turns out 16bit as well as churning out heavy stuff like the above posted Noisia remix can craft astoundingly beautiful chilled dubstep tracks... This is gorgeous.

16bit - Twice

[yt]nD4l2JgvHgc[/yt]

Got any recommendations of Dubstep mixtapes/compilations n that?

The Juno Dubstep Podcast is good, if infrequent. The rinse.fm podcasts are great too if you don't get the chance to listen to rinse live very often.

The Widdler, bassment diaries.

The Lonely Schizophrenic, disorganised mix

Both from dubstep.fm.

The widdler mix is about 2 hours, disorganised is short but I listen to it all the time, mostly for this track

[yt]r5pcCG_vdUw[/yt]

The Kokeshi podcast normally has some brilliant chillout and minimal stuff, a personal favourite for just relaxing to.

[yt]hFcf3eb0JbU[/yt]

Was introduced to this a few weeks ago and am really, really torn on it. I wouldn't call it pure dubstep, of course, but it's a Rusko remix and he does some crazy shit. It's a killer track, I'm just not sure what it is.

Not a big fan of that track Neom. Then again I have never been a big fan of Rusko, I find most of his tracks just really boring. Anyway, here's some stuff I found recently:

Von D & DJ Madd - U

Von D has been killing it lately, and this song is no exception:

[yt]Ff0BhEtxLCc[/yt]

Reso - Hemisphere

Chilled for quite a while, but the build from 3:30 is sick and the bass is SO deep, you really need a sub / decent speakers to hear it, but it's an absolute chest pounder, with some trancey euphoric keyboard shit thrown in for good measure. If you don't appreciate this song, then your speakers just aren't up to scratch. Put on some headphones and crank up the bass regardless:

[yt]5Y7qD7X-fiM[/yt]

Matt U - Whyle The Fuck Out

Hip Hop from the year 3000 sent back in time for the purposes of provoking an eargasm, again it's a track with practically subterranean bass:

[yt]SZ11gCvNbuU[/yt]

The "purple" sound popularised by Joker, Ginz and to a lesser extent silkie is being developed further in Bristol with tunes such as this:

[yt]dvCN5iuwNy8[/yt]

Interesting. I love the sound (I can't really bring myself to refer to it as purple frequently). It sounds like what would be created if a band just had a load of 16 bit consoles to make music with :)

Yeah, reso is doing it for me big style just now. Beasts in the basement (posted by 88 earlier in the thread) is on almost constant rotation.

*edit* loving rumble by reso and vent too (from 0:12 or so):

[yt]CEcs2XHKt58[/yt]