rllmuk
Sng

Star Wars: The Old Republic

I'm not really sure but has SWTOR just been released or announced to be released on Xbox?

Edit: never mind I see it's about KOTOR and not SWTOR, they're just using KOTOR to promote SWTOR, on a console, very confusing.

I'm going to redownload this. I played ages ago (when you first had to buy the game) but never really completed the storyline, I think moreso because at the time I played it as an mmo first and foremost. So i'm going to dip in and out with the intention of completing the story, especially as the EA game looks like it's going down the pan.

So thanks for the heads up on the codes @Matt Defis

25 minutes ago, Luseth said:

I'm going to redownload this. I played ages ago (when you first had to buy the game) but never really completed the storyline, I think moreso because at the time I played it as an mmo first and foremost. So i'm going to dip in and out with the intention of completing the story, especially as the EA game looks like it's going down the pan.

So thanks for the heads up on the codes @Matt Defis

If you follow this link after you've logged into the SWTOR website once you put the Revanreturns code in you'll get 7 days full Sub access.

http://www.swtor.com/r/ZlkRtx

• Upvote 2

Holy crap, it worked. Thanks, @Matt Defis! Runs native 2160x1440 at low detail, but buttery smooth. I just need to sort the mouse sensitivity, I can pan the camera around 180 degrees in what feels like less than half an inch mouse movement. Weird, mouse is fine in Windows itself.

Anyway, how do you play the stuff that's basically Kotor? I grabbed the REVANRETURNS (and KOTORSPEEDER). Do I just start with a new Jedi?

Yeah just make yourself a Jedi Knight or Sith Warrior and voila, as for settings you'll probably find you can turn most thingsa to high except AA (which you don't need at that resolution) and shadows, shadows absolutely kill the performance in this game.

I'm on Progenitor until the mega server thing next week Yswraig Rep side, Yswr Imp side drop me a message and I'll throw you a load of cash to help you along.

• Upvote 1

Scholar and a gentleman, I'll make a character tonight. Are the servers being merged? I assume I'm foisted onto North America servers, I didn't think to check if I could select Europe.

Yeah they've bought new megaservers, part of the hardware and software update yesterday, American server is in D.C and EU server is in Ireland.  All the current servers data were moved to the new megaservers yesterday but have yet to be merged, that happens next Tuesday. 

It'll auto select U.S server for you but you can still play EU, have quite a few Americans on Prog because they say they get a better ping to on EU servers. 

Going to watch Thor later so I'll be online until around 8 BST

Server merges go live today at 9PM GMT, really looking forward to this, constant pops for ranked and unranked warzones, flashpoints and operations should be great. It'll be nice to be on a healthy server again although I think PVP will be even more skewed towards Imps dominance. 

Well the server merges have been a huge success, constant pops for anything PVE, PVP, all planets are full of players with player created events going on and groups for heroic content. The game feels alive again with hundreds of people running around fleet and stuff going on all the time. 

If you never played SWTOR now really is the time to give it a go. 

I've actually been playing this again. I never got around to completing any of the Rep stories so have resubbed for a month and will try to finish a few off. Some nice changes like companions not being tied to a roll anymore.

Very kind of you Sir but I have around 5 mill in accrued credits over all my characters. I played at launch for a good while and about 6 months when Rise of the Hutts released, so I'm good thanks :)

45 minutes ago, Matt Defis said:

If anyone is interested in having a look at the game I'm running through the Sith Warrior story line on my twitch channel

https://www.twitch.tv/yswr

What armour is that drth? I did the mission you're on a couple of days ago on an alt; dob her the fuck in! :D 

I'm on Voss at 46 for the Knight, and Hoth at 46 for the Consular. They are the two I'm concentrating on as I've not finished any Rep side stories yet. Have finished the IA, BH and Sorc when I played them at launch. 

Not feeling the Smuggler at all (still only act 1 tho) and Trooper is super bland. On Alderaan  with my Warrior but find Maru a bit lightweight so weighing up whether to carry on or re-roll as a Jugg.

*edit* Just remembered I have Corellia to do :facepalm: My will to live just took a crit and left me needing huge quantities of bacta.

Did you play the trooper as female, it's basically femshep mass effect in star wars.  Stick with the mara, fury is probably best spec to level with.

Consular, BH, smuggler stories never did much for me. 

EDIT:Quick tip, pick up the heroics at the start of each planet to move around the planet to your missions much more quickly and extra XP and lootz of course.

2 hours ago, Matt Defis said:

Did you wrap up the knight @Scruff, that or the warrior are the best classes to follow the story all the way through.

No, I've not played it for a few days now. Getting pissed off with having to wait for authorisation emails every time I load the launcher up.

SWTOR recently announced the next expansion called Onslaught and they've just dropped a few details about it. 

https://www.swtor.com/info/news/article/20190603-0

It's all looking really good and they're totally addressing the game flaws introduced in the last major expansion by Ben "RNG is fun, it's the thrill of the hunt" Irving. The best thing to ever happen to this game was them getting rid of Ben Irving and installing Keith kennig as the new SWTOR boss, a guy that plays the game and understands what the players really want because he's one of them. The amount of love he gets from the community since he took over and really started pushing out things people wanted is phenomenal. 

Long live Papa Keith,

• Upvote 1