Bioshock 2: Sea Of Dreams...

myoozikk

Ok the dlc is actually larger than I first thought and I'd say is at least he size of Siren Alley or Dinosys Park

Some of the set pieces are pretty good too, granted its still fetch quests from A to B but the story is decent and turns out there are at least 6 little sisters, not three as I mentioned above

Definitely worth the points if you're a fan

IGN review of DLC.......

Ultimately, Minerva's Den uses Bioshock 2 as a platform to tell a more personal, interesting story than 2K Marin and co. achieved with the game proper. With its better encounter design, more interesting strategic options, and much better pacing, Minerva's Den, if it truly is the way 2K brings the curtain down on Rapture for the foreseeable future, closes it out with grace and style. At four to six (excellent) hours for ten bucks, Minerva's Den is worth it for BioShock 2 fanatics and tourists alike.

WOW, finished Minerva's Den DLC now and it was really very very good indeed.

Very impressed by the level design with some tough gathering spots, 2 new elemental splicers which mix it up a bit and an absolutely cracking storyline

Imo it's easily as good as one of the bioshock 1 levels (perhaps not Fort Frolic) and definitely worth the 800 spacebucks in the end

Classic bioshock

Finally played it, and finished. I was a good boy, now im gona go through it being a dick. Normal was absurdly easy though, and this time i;ll actually remember to do the gathers instead of waiting til dionysis. It was pretty decent, even if the voice acting was delivered in a really laboured, videogamey way.

Completed the DLC last night. Thought it was great - really good story and more of the same main game goodness albeit at a seemingly faster pace (upgrades and Adam both more frequent). Excellent value too - took me between 4 and 5 hours, then went back to play Spitfire :)

Whack it on Hard, turn the Vitachambers off (i.e. go for the 'Big Brass Balls' achievement), and save often. It's much better when there's the element of fear involved.

Oh yeah, sorry, thought this was assumed. I played with quest arrow off, vita chambers off, and always like to do a "normal" run 1st, as its what the devs have set as default. I had the Bioshock 1 brass balls achievement pretty much the instant it came out.

Oh yeah, sorry, thought this was assumed. I played with quest arrow off, vita chambers off, and always like to do a "normal" run 1st, as its what the devs have set as default. I had the Bioshock 1 brass balls achievement pretty much the instant it came out.

I remember. You were one of the few on here who came under a lot of flack for daring to enjoy the game so much.

Thats me :bye: Its still easily top 3 of this gen for me...cant think of much I enjoy more. Gona start my hard playthro tonight too...looking forward to it. Might use more plasmids than just incinerate and shock this time too :facepalm:

Ha :) Me too...probably about 5 playthroughs...I even like the combat which everyone hates. I was expecting the shotgun in pt2 to be rubbish, after everyones complaints, but its great. I kept the upgrades off til the very end, as it makes it look like the double barrel shotty from doom 2...especially when you click-zoom.

I got Bioshock 2 recently, and I'm enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would. Maybe it's lowered expectations from the first game, but the combat feels a bit nicer than I remember, and the visual design is still brilliant enough that I really enjoy taking my time scouring every room. I'm really interested in Minerva's Den, apart from some of the general praise it's been getting, there's also supposed to be an Idle Thumbs easter egg which I'm really excited to find. I did a proper snorting laugh when i saw one of the bots I summoned was called 'Scoops'. :)

I remember. You were one of the few on here who came under a lot of flack for daring to enjoy the game so much.

An absolute load of people made fapping noises to the first game on here; angel was somewhat loudest in his fapping, though.

An absolute load of people made fapping noises to the first game on here; angel was somewhat loudest in his fapping, though.

I don't remember seeing too much joy from people in the original thread, probably because a few haters kept coming back again and again trundling out the same out shit why they didn't like it. Kinda swamped the few positive voices.

I got Bioshock 2 recently, and I'm enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would. Maybe it's lowered expectations from the first game, but the combat feels a bit nicer than I remember, and the visual design is still brilliant enough that I really enjoy taking my time scouring every room. I'm really interested in Minerva's Den, apart from some of the general praise it's been getting, there's also supposed to be an Idle Thumbs easter egg which I'm really excited to find. I did a proper snorting laugh when i saw one of the bots I summoned was called 'Scoops'. :)

I've gone through Minerva's Den, finished it and if you're even vaguely interested in more of Rapture then you should snap it up because 800 points is a steal. Brilliant story and some cool new touches with the plasmids and splicers.

I spent a lot of time on the lookout for the Idle Thumbs reference and I found nowt, bar one of the bots was called Sean, I'm guessing it was just that. :(

I was hoping there'd be a character called Old Man Clancy.

I don't remember seeing too much joy from people in the original thread, probably because a few haters kept coming back again and again trundling out the same out shit why they didn't like it. Kinda swamped the few positive voices.

I think more people enjoyed it than what you realise. I think people's main beef was that it was a good game, just a bit overpraised by the videogame press.

Anyhoo, finished this today, and really liked it. It's almost like they personally listened to my gripes about the first game, and got rid of them for the second game. I liked that the game didn't just end with a 30 second cutscene and dump you back to the title screen like the first one did. I like to wind down after a big action game, and the ending plus the rather neat credits was perfect. Quite moving as well.

I felt a bit sorry for the Big Daddy laying there at the end. What a hero though!!

There are 4 different endings apparantly mate, im on my 2nd playthrough on hard, harvesting and a-killing. Proper credits made all the difference for me, too.

I youtubed the other endings. Seems I got the best one.

Ending spoiler:

I've read a few complaints about never truly confronting Lamb, but I'll be honest, it was a brave move. I was glad there wasn't some crazy, out of place, boss fight at the end.

Finished the game yesterday and have just had a couple of hours in Minerva's den. The new laser is bloody fantastic fun. I'm searching every nook and cranny for the Idle Thumbs easter egg, but no luck yet.

I have no idea what Idle Thumbs is, but is the Easter Egg anything to do with Spitfire?

I have no idea what Idle Thumbs is, but is the Easter Egg anything to do with Spitfire?

I'm afraid I have no idea what Spitfire is!

Idle Thumbs is/was an absolutely fantastic podcast, which featured the lead designer for Minerva's Den, Steve 'Hot Scoops' Gaynor, as a regular member. There were a couple of easter eggs in the main game as well, sometimes the security bots you summon will be called 'Scoops', there is an audio log in Pauper's Drop by 'Jackie Rodkin' (another Idle Thumbs presenter is Jake Rodkin) and Gaynor Peaches are on the label of the tinned fruit. Hot Scoops often used these to sign levels that he had designed.

Still no idea about the Minerva's Den easter egg, I've just gone down the elevator.

just finished the dlc.

i absolutely loved it from start to finish, the new plasmids, the new weapon, the audio logs really seemed even better than before.

this really feels like how dlc should be done more often.

utterly brilliant.

:wub:

Still no idea about the Minerva's Den easter egg, I've just gone down the elevator.

I've started this for a second time. Just found a tape that I don't remember picking up first time through by a man called Christopher Di Remo. :)

Scoops said on the Idle Thumbs forum that it is Andrew Ryan saying "Baboo". I'd really love it to be true, but I fear he may be telling fibs.

• 1 month later...