rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
CrispinG

Louis C.K.

I watched some clips on Youtube earlier, and was literally crying with laughter. Got a couple of his shows downloading now. Thanks to the OP!

Inspired by my own thread, I torrent'd both his specials and nearly choked myself to death laughing at "Shameless" again. It's definitely my favourite stand-up performance ever.

I'm surprised you found the twat bit shocking. I would have thought that the 'having a wank while the towers were going down' bit would have been more offensive to people. It hasn't been 22.3 years yet.

I watched this on Sunday and I've woken up both days since with his jokes in my head. Incredible.

I think he's my hero. More than anyone else, he keeps it real. He's everything I aspire to develop into during my segue into adulthood. I'm glad this topic has piqued some interest in him; spread the Youtube links around and shit. He deserves some word of mouth.

I watched as much Louis CK as I could after it was brought up in the Chris Rock topic a few weeks back. I am now a huge fan. Its obvious he has alot of George Carlin's style to him. I really don't mean that as insult its just he has been very influenced by the great man and taken his best bits and refined them to a much more personal level.

I even loved Lucky Louis, It wasent perfect but it was the type of show I could have watched for years and years.

I find George Carlin to be infinitely more ascerbic than Louis CK. It would often get to the point that I totally detached from Carlin by his rants going on pointless tangents and losing reality.

Louis CK softens things, and uses himself as the root of his comedy, unlike ol' George.

But no, you're right, they are/were both white and have/had little beards.

I'm hoping you've all seen this promo for his new show-

It's amazing. It starts April 1st. Can't wait. :wub:

EDIT: NSFW. It's got nothing graphic in it, but there is some ripe language.

I'm hoping you've all seen this promo for his new show-

It's amazing. It starts April 1st. Can't wait. :wub:

Can you add a NSFW tag on the end of that, if it needs one. I had to close the video when I noticed it in the title of the vid so I don't know whether it actually is NSFW or not but I can't really take the chance.

Can you add a NSFW tag on the end of that, if it needs one. I had to close the video when I noticed it in the title of the vid so I don't know whether it actually is NSFW or not but I can't really take the chance.

Whoops! Sorry man. Fixed now.

Glad the rest of your enjoyed it :(

Whoops! Sorry man. Fixed now.

Glad the rest of your enjoyed it :(

No worries, just gutted I'll have to wait till the evening to watch it!

The first two episodes of his new show are out. It has Louis in it and it's funny as fuck.

w00t! Cheers for the heads up.

I think its finding its feet a little bit but its really funny and Louis himself is just brilliant.

Really liked the bits with all the comedians sitting round taking the piss out of each other. Reminded me of Seinfelds documentary Comedian.

Brilliant third episode. The show's got more of a Seinfeld feel to it than I realised, but with more Nazi faggot jokes.

Yeah, the third episode was the best yet. Gervais was good. Although he had kinda driven his characters schtick into the ground by the end of it.

I can't help but think Gervais' character and jokes would have been much better if he weren't fucking screeching through all of his scenes.

With this weeks episode (1x07) the show feels like it's really starting to hit it's stride - really loved the bit he did about murder being OK if noone finds out :unsure:

I love it, since I blindly love all Louis CK stuff, but the episodes suffer from being too short.

There's no time for a redemption arc - things go wrong for our hero (a new thing oing wrong every episode), and before we can have a comedy refrain, it's the credits!

I've always liked him because he mixed whimsy in with the vitriol and bleakness, and it's a bit lacking in the series at the moment.