rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
gingerling

Tales Of Vesperia

As someone who enjoyed Xenoblade Chronicles 2 more than any other recent RPG, largely due to finding the writing surprisingly engaging and the characters endearing, will I like this? It's pretty cheap in the shop near me and I'm tempted.

Is much grinding needed? I'm well put off by that these days.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Nequests said:

As someone who enjoyed Xenoblade Chronicles 2 more than any other recent RPG, largely due to finding the writing surprisingly engaging and the characters endearing, will I like this? It's pretty cheap in the shop near me and I'm tempted.

Is much grinding needed? I'm well put off by that these days.

Yes

No

Go, go play.

Vesperia is one of the best Tales games in my opinion. Don't expect an amazing story though, it's very much standard RPG fare. 

I have such a soft spot for this game. The plot is cliched, but the characters carry it and it's the one game where all of the Tales systems come together. A nice RPG to while away the summer evenings with that's for sure.

• Upvote 1

Right then, picking this up tomorrow. Not too bothered if the plot is generic as long as the characters are interesting. I'd say that's true of most of classic J-RPGs, really.