Sign in to follow this  
gingerling

Tales Of Vesperia

Is no one else playing this?

I'm about 5 hours in and enjoying it up to now.

It's a typical Tales game with dodgy American acting but it's no worse than Symphonia.

It is a shame that you can't change to English subs with a jap voice over.

Not a great deal of the plot has been given away yet with only being a few hours in.

The main draw for me is the real time battles. It's a breath of fresh air for Persona 3.

I'm around 55 hours into this, but taking it quite slow because there are loads of sidequests that are really easy to miss if you don't speak to x NPC at an exact time, etc. One for multiple playthroughs.

Differences to Symphonia? Not really. There's a free-run button in battles now to take you off the 2D plane which I don't remember being in Symphonia (could be wrong). It's nothing like Star Ocean, though!

I'm around 55 hours into this, but taking it quite slow because there are loads of sidequests that are really easy to miss if you don't speak to x NPC at an exact time, etc. One for multiple playthroughs.

Differences to Symphonia? Not really. There's a free-run button in battles now to take you off the 2D plane which I don't remember being in Symphonia (could be wrong). It's nothing like Star Ocean, though!

.::: IIRC correctly Symphonia only let you relay attack lines making it possible to 'move around' by targeting different enemies, so this is an improvement. Being nothing like Star Ocean is a plus in my book. :) I much prefer Tales of...'s battle system.

If you hold LT you can run around freely without being stuck on the 2D line between you and your enemy. It might actually be RT, I can't remember when I'm not playing!

Did you not get the English game? My Asian version has an English manual (half of it, anyway)

If you hold LT you can run around freely without being stuck on the 2D line between you and your enemy. It might actually be RT, I can't remember when I'm not playing!

Did you not get the English game? My Asian version has an English manual (half of it, anyway)

LOL just checked again half is English.

Didn't realise

doesn't look like there is going to be a Euro release, i was really looking forward to this one but i can't find a date anywhere just N/A which usually means never :(

I FUCKING WANT THIS.

Why do us europeans have to wait a fucking year for it to be released here? And the fact that Abyss was never released here on the 360 makes me rage even harder.

It's a fucking disgrace.

Yes, I am very angry, because I loved Symphonia.

Given that there is no sign of a date for this, we've decided to go and import Abyss for the PS2 to tide us over for the meantime.

But I echo your feelings Piro!

You won't regret it. Abyss is just stunning. As good as Symphonia, certainly.

I'm waiting for Vesperia with bated breath, honestly! It's feb for us, right? Not long :unsure:

Do Namco actually publish anything in Europe anymore? Just looking at my shelf, Soul Calibur 4 was published by Ubisoft and Beautiful Katamari says Atari on the box.

Are they waiting for someone to pick this up? If so, why the hell aren't there any takers?

You won't regret it. Abyss is just stunning. As good as Symphonia, certainly.

I'm waiting for Vesperia with bated breath, honestly! It's feb for us, right? Not long :unsure:

Where'd you hear February? I've not even heard it has a publisher, let alone a date.

Do Namco actually publish anything in Europe anymore? Just looking at my shelf, Soul Calibur 4 was published by Ubisoft and Beautiful Katamari says Atari on the box.

Are they waiting for someone to pick this up? If so, why the hell aren't there any takers?

Oh god, you're right! When did this all start happening?

Is it time to start looking for a way to mod my 360 then?

Oh god, you're right! When did this all happen?

Is it time to start looking for a way to mod my 360 then?

Firmware mods don't remove region restrictions. Certain hard mod chips might, but the easiest solution is to get hold of a JP (the JP/Asian game has english as an option)/US 360 unit somehow

Firmware mods don't remove region restrictions. Certain hard mod chips might, but the easiest solution is to get hold of a JP (the JP/Asian game has english as an option)/US 360 unit somehow

Really? Urgh, lame! Hmmm, if I do pick up a US 360, Would the plug and transformer from my UK one work with it?

This is a real bummer. I suppose the excuse wheeled out every time is the cost of translating into French, German, Spanish etc but is there any REQUIREMENT for this for a game to be released in PAL land? I would have thought English and French would suffice (don't games released in Canada require a French version anyway?) given the small markets in some countries.