DSi

letsbook

I'm on my second DSi as I found the screens to be too yellowish in tinge for my liking.

However, the 500 points I put on the system have now been lost and I have to re-pay for the games I bought through the faulty one...

I assumed that my linked account would have picked up that I had bought them before.

Is there any way around this?

You can call up NoE customer services with the serial numbers of the two systems and ask for a transfer. All Nintendo purchaes and points are tied to the system serial number, there's no central "account". It's like mobile phone downloads.

Sorry to ask, but just perused through the last x pages and didn't see this - whilst I know I could trade in my DS Lite and get a discount, is anywhere offering me anything for my original silver DS, do you know?

Sorry to ask, but just perused through the last x pages and didn't see this - whilst I know I could trade in my DS Lite and get a discount, is anywhere offering me anything for my original silver DS, do you know?

No I dont think so.

Only DS lites I believe.

I saw someone trade an original DS in GAME. They got a fair bit less. 30 or 40 I think.

You can trade anything they would normally take in for trade.

No.

:D

A 'Thomson ST780 WL'. It also says 'SpeedTouch'.

i've been searching the whole of the internets to try and find out about this >;) i have an o2 wireless box ii which is a thomson tg585

i've not had any trouble setting up the actual connection like you have, but when i tried to do the update it just kept erroring out. eventually i just kept randomly changing settings, and it suddenly worked when i put in the same connection details in slots 1 and 4 (even though i only use wep). it obviously can connect because i can get in the store, but downloading stuff it just gets stuck and then dies and says error 204038 :(

i'd suggest:

set your router to 802.11b only

enter IP stuff manually in the settings

set your wireless channel to 1 or 11

try it with WEP,WPA and security turned off altogether

i've had marginally more success that way but it still doesnt work :(

has anyone managed to get it to work through a thomson/o2 broadband router? did you set up a DMZ or anything like that?? i assumed it must be my router, except i also just tried it connecting via my macbook's wireless and had the exact same problem

EDIT:

solved - i set the MTU to the lowest possible value on the ds and it now magically works! bizarre

I connected to a wireless router and did the interwebby stuff it can do!

It's all pointless right now though. The web browser is useless for any real web surfing. It says it runs out of memory on most pages. And it's slow and fiddly to navigate. And can't do flash.

I downloaded the WarioWare game... total waste of 500 of my free points. Just can't get it to work. My skin tone is too similar to my walls. I'm white... my walls are white... I'm sorry Nintendo, maybe you should have told your customers that you made a game THAT ONLY WORKS FOR BLACK PEOPLE.

All those folk trading in their faulty DS, don't you feel a tad guilty that someone else is going to end up with it? Surely they're just going to sell them on.

Obviously not. It's bad enough doing it without bragging about it on here. Another good reason not to touch secondhand electronics with a shitty stick.

I think i'm going to go for a DSi & go back to using my DS Cartridges until the DSi flashcard scene becomes a bit more established.

With that in mind, i'm curious as to what cartridge storage solution that people find works best? I tend to just have the DSLite in my pocket so I don't want anything that takes up too much room. I'm hopeful there may be one that puts the space saved by the thinning of the device to good use to allow you to carry a few games along with it.

I know about the Acekard 2i, but i'm going to give it a while to see just how agressively Nintendo are going to fight these devices, especially giving the larger amount of online integration the DSi has over the DS.

I'm not too keen on the matte finish. As said above, feels like a chalk board. I'll be looking for a nice case. But unfortunately i havent seen any ones that aint utter shite yet.

hori makes their silicon protective sleeves for the DSi in a variety of colours. here are the links for the black and white variations from play-asia.com's site:

HORI silicon cover (black)

HORI silicon cover (white)

Finally got Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia and besides being an awesome game, it's cemented my opinion on the DSi. The improved dpad is fantastic. Finally I can play as long as I like without the risk of crab hands. It's also nice to be free of the grainy yellowish touchscreen that plagued my old DS.

The other bits and pieces are a nice extra, but certainly no deal breaker. I suspect it'll be a while before we see anything worthwhile take advantage of the extra memory and processor speed. Anyway, most of my anticipation is the hope that homebrew scene can take advantage of this. It would be great to finally have a full speed SNES and Megadrive emulator.

Oh, and Legendary, compared to my old DS the headphone sound is definitely louder, but I still need to crank the stereo a fair bit if it's connected, so it probably is too quiet for something low power like a car stereo. No idea if that's an EU thing though.