New podcast and your Top 5 Amiga games and the reserve list?

gamesgraveyard

hello all hows everyone?

I am Charlie and I am part of the new podcast called the games graveyard. There are two other members Tom and Jamie and the three of us will be talking about Games, consoles and computers we owned in the past. We will be starting the first episode with the first computer we had the Acorn Electron which may seem odd to some but it was the first computer I played and it got me into playing games.

The Podcast is a little geeky but has your typical tongue in cheek sarcastic british humour so please do tune in to the GAMES GRAVEYARD

You can also check out the amiga in the next episode

Let me know your top 5 amiga games and the ones that didnt make it

check it out

<a href="http://gamesgraveyard.podomatic.com/" target="_blank">http://gamesgraveyard.podomatic.com/</a>

and remember Top 5 amiga games

Right well I've had a bit of a listen to this podcast.

I've moaned on here before about the Americanisation of retrogaming, how it's all NES, Atari 2600/5200/etc, Apple 8-bit machines and the like. So it's good to hear something British, with lots of British popculture references.

Like most new podcasts it will probably improve, it needs a bit of tightening up, a little more preparation and a bit more structure, and also you never even introduced the show or who you are.

I look forward to seeing how this progresses, why not introduce yourselves here so we get a better idea of what you're about.

BTW:

Turrican 2

SWOS (and I hate football)

Bob's Bad Day

Pinball Fantasies

Great Giana Sisters (for the hell of it)

Right well I've had a bit of a listen to this podcast.

I've moaned on here before about the Americanisation of retrogaming, how it's all NES, Atari 2600/5200/etc, Apple 8-bit machines and the like. So it's good to hear something British, with lots of British popculture references.

Like most new podcasts it will probably improve, it needs a bit of tightening up, a little more preparation and a bit more structure, and also you never even introduced the show or who you are.

I look forward to seeing how this progresses, why not introduce yourselves here so we get a better idea of what you're about.

BTW:

Turrican 2

SWOS (and I hate football)

Bob's Bad Day

Pinball Fantasies

Great Giana Sisters (for the hell of it)

Thanks alot I have put up a intro to what we are all about and i just hope you enjoy the rest of the podcast, thank you for the comment and by the next couple of podcasts we will have a better stucture and alot shorter.

keep tuning in.

thank you for the list and turrican 2 is a classic but i liked pinball dreams better only becuase i was good at the western stage hehe

Thanks alot I have put up a intro to what we are all about and i just hope you enjoy the rest of the podcast, thank you for the comment and by the next couple of podcasts we will have a better stucture and alot shorter.

keep tuning in.

thank you for the list and turrican 2 is a classic but i liked pinball dreams better only becuase i was good at the western stage hehe

Cool, Electron is an odd choice for number 1 mind :)

Speedball 2

Sensible World of Soccer

Flashback

The Chaos Engine

The Secret of Monkey Island

I've been wanting more Retro focused podcasts so will definately give it a listen. There's a distinct lack of them out there and as mentioned they are usually very Nintendo/Atari focused due to them being American-centric. I'm suprised that the Retrogamer magazine hasn't done one yet.

Anyway my top 5 Amiga games are:-

Pinball Fantasies/Dreams (which i still play and have the GBA version of. Shame it doesn't save hiscores which makes it slighty redundant).

Stunt Car Racer (was my first link-up experience, never managed to finish all the tracks)

Speedball II (anyone for ice cream?)

Geoff Crammond's Grand Prix (This was one game that pulled me back out of console gaming and back into the dying arms of the Amiga. Simply amazing for the time.)

Cannon Fodder/Lemmings/Monkey Island 1+2 (sorry couldn't pick a winner from these 4. All are classics and play as well today as they did 15-20 years ago. I'll never forget when i opened the Monkey Island 2 box and gasped with horror at the amount of frigging discs the game came on. Should've bought that hard drive after all).

I've been wanting more Retro focused podcasts so will definately give it a listen. There's a distinct lack of them out there and as mentioned they are usually very Nintendo/Atari focused due to them being American-centric. I'm suprised that the Retrogamer magazine hasn't done one yet.

Anyway my top 5 Amiga games are:-

Pinball Fantasies/Dreams (which i still play and have the GBA version of. Shame it doesn't save hiscores which makes it slighty redundant).

Stunt Car Racer (was my first link-up experience, never managed to finish all the tracks)

Speedball II (anyone for ice cream?)

Geoff Crammond's Grand Prix (This was one game that pulled me back out of console gaming and back into the dying arms of the Amiga. Simply amazing for the time.)

Cannon Fodder/Lemmings/Monkey Island 1+2 (sorry couldn't pick a winner from these 4. All are classics and play as well today as they did 15-20 years ago. I'll never forget when i opened the Monkey Island 2 box and gasped with horror at the amount of frigging discs the game came on. Should've bought that hard drive after all).

Hey thanks I hope you enjoy our podcast, you will probably enjoy the amiga episode when its finally up next month (will be alot shorter and less foul language!!):ph34r:

Speedball 2 was a great game and i always say "ICE CREAM ICECREAM" but i am that sad hehe

Simon the Sorcerer had alot of disks as well arrrrg but great game as well

Let me know what you think of our Games graveyard

I recently got my massive box of amiga games out of my garage and they have all succumbed to the dreaded mould. Not too bad, as they were mainly cracked versions, but still!

Top 5

Cannon Fodder

Superfrog

Flight of the Amazon Queen

Assassin (special edition!)

Alien Breed (another special edition!)