rllmuk
Dr Seedyman

Shmups

3 hours ago, Sane said:

Ah! Well I never had this type of issue with the M30, it works like a dream and I can heartily recommend it for anything that requires precise digital inputs on PC.

Cheers. Should have one arriving today. 

so when is 10 AM ET and 6 PM ET in UK time? (3pm and 11pm?)

limited run games are doing battle garegga, fancy version with soundtrack and m2 documentary (sounds like this is going to be on YouTube), which i'd like but not sure i can justify the price.

• Upvote 2

I'm absolutely loving the Konami Arcade Classics Collection. Never played many of these before and they're tough but Scramble aside (which I find too basic) and Haunted Castle (never been into Castlevania), it's a fantastic little compilation. I suspect if I were really a fan of Gradius etc. I'd be able to pick fault and point to various omissions, but I've basically got six excellent games here to learn and improve at. I also can't wait to get back to Arcade Club and play some of these on cabs now I know how to play them and know the patterns better. Life Force and Nemesis are my favourites but Vulcan Venture is also superb. Also seen there's a low key episode of STG Weekly on Gradius 1-3 which I'll be checking out, no guests just Aquas playing and commentating.

• Upvote 2

The developers of R-Type Final 2 are currently running a twitter poll about what formats you'd like to see the game on. So if anyone wants a Switch or Xbox version nows the time to tell them...

Raiden V and Dariusburst CS are on sale on PS4, which should I buy? Either, neither, both or other? I'm super casual on shmups and just fancy something to twat about on.

1 hour ago, moosegrinder said:

Raiden V and Dariusburst CS are on sale on PS4, which should I buy? Either, neither, both or other? I'm super casual on shmups and just fancy something to twat about on.

DBCS is probably better but it's quite dry and precise rather than flashy. I'm getting into it, finally, but it's not necessarily fun. There's lots of it though and the DLC stuff is actually pretty interesting if you like any of the original games referenced. 

Raiden V feels like it wants to be fun but it's trying a bit too hard by adding loads of ephemeral bullshit. Fundamentally, it's not that much fun.

Neither is great, in short, but DBCS probably has more depth and might be a grower. 

• Upvote 1

a bit gutted that i missed the LE for this, i was busy and when i remembered a couple of minutes after they went live, were all gone.

still have the japanese LE though which shares most of the components.

shan't bother with the standard.

The R-Type Final 2 vote completed and the final result was:

19% PlayStation 4

44% Nintendo Switch

19% PC (Steam)

18% Xbox One

Not sure whether it's been mentioned but the Konami Arcade Classics collection will receive a free update to add the Japanese versions of a couple of games. Not sure when but I'll take whatever I'm given. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Stanshall said:

Not sure whether it's been mentioned but the Konami Arcade Classics collection will receive a free update to add the Japanese versions of a couple of games. Not sure when but I'll take whatever I'm given. 

Source? I’ve been holding off buying it on Switch for this very reason 

1 hour ago, Jazz Glands said:

Source? I’ve been holding off buying it on Switch for this very reason 

Apologies, I can't find or remember the source but I saw this while flicking through Twitter today. It was in the context of the Castlevania collection getting the Japanese games as an update, and said something about Konami listening to feedback and doing the same for the Arcade Classics collection, too.

Sorry not to be more concrete but I definitely saw somewhere today that it's coming. 

Gus pulled off a 1CC on Mushihimesama Futari Ultra 1.01 live on stage at Stunfest this past weekend:

http://www.twitch.tv/os_yom/v/426896367?sr=a&t=10643s

The run very very nearly goes to ground around stages 2 and 3 but he nails the home stretch and builds up enough extends to make it through Larsa. We're probably talking single figures for the number of people on Earth who could even attempt it in this setting.

Seriously, this is an amazing run and he gets a standing ovation. The little interview with him afterwards is really endearing, too, he looks absolutely fucked. 

• Upvote 3

Whatever. I got my first 1cc on Deathsmiles last week after only three years of trying, on and off. 

Fucking Normal mode. 8-)

• Upvote 8