rllmuk
Dr Seedyman

Shmups

Devil, you should play Progear via Mame. That will give you some idea about Caves art style AND its a hori shump AND its got a lovely score mechanic.

progear15.jpg

Basically i think it works by any bullet within an explosion will turn into a gem and you collect the gems. It also has rocks. But i've forgot what they do.

OH and Check out Jets n Guns on the PC. AND DON'T FORGET TROUBLE WITCHES!

860353844_755c2f9d76_o.jpg

OMG! That witches game looks fucking incredible. I didnt realise you meant actual broomstick riding witches. I thought it was just a name, like bulletwitch. Thats amazing! Decent bosses?

Trouble Witches is excellent in all respects. It's about 10 quid from Himeya Shop. There are ports in the works too.

Ibara will not look very good on an HDTV at all. It's designed to run at 320 X 240 on a 15khz monitor. It's also a bit of a poor port if you're a resolution nut.

Indeed, the Cave stuff suffers a little bit from blockiness although why they didn't choose to include a Scanlines filter is beyond me. As Mame proves - employ scanlines, up the constrast and your games looks 10x better.

IMO. Of course.

Trouble Witches is excellent in all respects. It's about 10 quid from Himeya Shop. There are ports in the works too. Ibara will not look very good on an HDTV at all. It's designed to run at 320 X 240 on a 15khz monitor. It's also a bit of a poor port if you're a resolution nut.
Yo, glad your back. Did we ever decide if Shiro 3 was region free. Are you playing it on a Jap 360. Have you got any gorgeous screen shots for me. :-)

majyo_ss07.jpg TW's Level 1 boss. Oh and don't think for one minute the music isn't as good as the graphics as its fantastic.
It looks stunning. Imagine that running on my massive hd telly through VGA, How has it not had a PSP release. I Bet the music is amazing.

It's more or less guaranteed that JPN 360 are titles are region locked but just to be certain I popped it in my PAL 360 - no dice, I'm afraid. What region Wii do you have? I've heard Shiki III can run on a US one but not a PAL one. I haven't got any solid confirmation as I don't have a PAL Wii or a Freeloader though. Alternatively, if your PC has the grunt, you could buy it for that. The specs and quite a few shots can be found here:

http://www.cyberfront.co.jp/title/shikigami3/

insomnia.ac has an excellent review by Icarus there, together with a downloadable trailer for the Appreciate DVD.

http://insomnia.ac/reviews/typex/shikigaminoshiroiii/

Icarus' YouTube channel features some exemplary videos of him playing too but I don't have the link to hand. I'll stick it up later.

EDIT: Here is his channel : http://youtube.com/user/IcarusFW . There's a tonne of brilliant videos there, from his excellent runs through games to curios like a Vocaloid rendition of the stage 1 theme of Ikaruga. Really great.

get yourself an X-RGB 2 box.

sorts out lo-res games on HDTV a treat - shows scanlines and all

my Neo-Geo/Supergun wouldn't live without it

oh, and just came away from an hour sesh on mushi futari. mee eyes bleed... but damn that was some good shooter shit!

This thread is a beautiful place to be. Feeling the love for the shooters. Im in the market for a ps3 at the moment. Would I be wise to get a Jap 60gig one if possible. I figure it will be backwards compatible through hardware with all PS2 stuff. And will it upscale stuff too?

This thread is a beautiful place to be. Feeling the love for the shooters. Im in the market for a ps3 at the moment. Would I be wise to get a Jap 60gig one if possible. I figure it will be backwards compatible through hardware with all PS2 stuff. And will it upscale stuff too?

A 20 gig or a 60 gig will take care of all your BC needs. It will upscale to boot. A Japanese PS2 really is a fantastic bit of kit. There're so, so many brilliant games we haven't seen here to enjoy that you'll be spoilt for choice.

Sometimes I wish I had the room to have kept my old CRT telly. Older stuff look gorgeous on it. Especially my AES through RGB. Mark Of The Wolves was stunning. Off topic I know, but that needs an XBLA release asap. Back to some shooters. Im gonna look into sourcing a 20/60 gig PS3. Is Shiro 3 available for it?

In really getting quite fond me triggerheart excelcia. It looks gorgeous and plays really well. Im still getting the hang of swinging enemies around with the anchor. I can clear the first level without dying and can get the boss to change forms for an extra bonus. Anyone else loving this?

I think my best option is to get a chipped slimline PS2 really.

I want to play all region games.

Otherwise I'll have to get a Jap PS3 and keep the Pal PS2, which isn't ideal, but is doable I suppose.

Grumble.

You know what? It baffles me to this day that they the developer have not constructed a game which is ultimately challenging to the brink of tearing your hair out yet accomplishable at the same time.

They just can't let edges meet. Which is a shame in this day and age.

And where the fuck is the new R Type!?

I didn't realise you and Gique were working together matt.

Where is he?

(And Stroker!).

I`m about!

I`m apartment hunting and staying in a hotel right nowl, so its hard to post.

man, I can`t wait for dodonpachi daifukkatsu to show up in the local arcade!

You know what? It baffles me to this day that they the developer have not constructed a game which is ultimately challenging to the brink of tearing your hair out yet accomplishable at the same time.

^_^