Dr Seedyman

Shmups

Got my flip grip today! Playing psyvariar with it is so much better. I'm pretty useless at it but it just feels so nice buzzing the bullets, hearing 'Level up!' constantly :wub:

Any tips for scoring? And which mode should I focus on? 

On 10/02/2019 at 19:27, Stanshall said:

Thanks for letting me know. Glad to hear it! 

I have a question about the progression in Super Hydorah.

If you quit to title and then choose continue, you will start back at the stage select stage with the last weapon you unlocked from killing a boss selectable and the last stage you beat marked as done. 

But if you don't quit and just die, you have to start right from the beginning. Are you supposed to do the entire game in one go?

Or am I supposed to be choosing continue? It doesn't quite seem to make sense. 

Got Mushihimesama for a nice price on Steam. Lovely game, gets my heart pumping even though I'm shit. One thing though, when I rotate my screen and run it in tate my ship feels a bit sluggish when going left and right, fine going up and down. Must be something to do with my refresh rate or g-sync being enabled or something. Can't be my I5 1060 6GB as I can run the game great on my mini Pandora 5s arcade bartop, in none tate obv. That thing runs on some mediatech toaster chip. Hope I can sort it because it's glorious in tate mode.

1 hour ago, Stanshall said:

@Mrs Horribleman I certainly just carried on with Continue, yeah. I suspect there will be some bonus or achievement type thing for completing without a continue but I won't be managing that any time soon! 

Cheers! I'll start using the dreaded continues! 

I've conditioned myself to never use them :D

2 hours ago, amc said:

One thing though, when I rotate my screen and run it in tate my ship feels a bit sluggish when going left and right, fine going up and down.

Just a guess but if your monitor is widescreen there should be borders top/bottom, otherwise the game will be streatched so that might be why it looks like it’s moving faster up/down.

• Upvote 1

I've been away from PC gaming for several years so my monitor knowledge is fuzzy, plus a lot of new modes, G-Sync, high refresh rates etc have came along whilst I was out of the loop. The game seems to be setup correctly, I've stretched the game screen to the ends of the picture around the play field, marquee? and set the game to full screen 9:16. I have no idea if that's correct but it looks the best, just the strange lag going horizontally. It's probably something I can fix in Nvidia control panel, turn G-Sync off, mess with the refresh. I'll twig it. Thanks.

Yeah if the gameplay area fills the screen that will probably give you that weird movement thing, put the streatching thing back to default if you can? The game is 4:3 so I think there should be borders top/bottom.