Stigweard

Official Mixed Martial Arts Thread

Ok will post later when sober!

Couple of cracking fights last night. Sagez mighty mouse and alverez front row. Kept shouting at sage but he didn't look behind.

At the end of the event me and the boys were hanging around. Shouted EDDIE and gave him a little wave over and he fucking got out of his seat and walked over to us. High fives and bro fists. He took a photo. (First pic attached) it was shit. So after s few minutes of guys on the ground floor we asked him for another and he fucking loved it. Absolute legend,! 

Didn't get one with the Goat or sage though. Next time.

Found ourselves at the after party with the Korean ring girls and at one point was sandwiched between the CEO and chairman. Was absolutely shit faced . Great night. Wish I wasn't so amshed chatting to the ring girls as one took a liking to me. So hot.

IMG_20181110_014249.jpg

IMG_20181109_233926.jpg

MVIMG_20181109_234016.jpg

• Upvote 1

Rich Franklin.

I was completely off my face having been on a boat party all day. We went to a beach club after docking and there he was . Laying on a day bed with two smoke show brazilian chicks. Clearly loving life.

I wanted to go over so bad but didn't want to bother him. Agonised over it for so long and then one of my friends just said go over and say hello so I thought fuck it.

Walked over. Said hello. Dropped in that my friend was a shareholder of one fc ( he is) so that lowered his guard.

Had a 5 minute chat and then asked for a photo. I'll try and dig it out. We posed and then I said. Let's see your fighting stance.

We took a photo of our fighting stances and afterwards I said to him maybe if you kept your hands up higher you wouldn't have been banged out by Anderson Silva. And then walked away.

After I realised what I said I am surprised he didn't take me out.

Rich is a former high school teacher with a rep for being very laid back and sound with fans however drunk and obnoxious they maybe. He is known as one of the nice guys of MMA. I'd have been very surprised if he had laid you out. As a former UFC champion, he must deal with drunken BS on a daily basis. 

1 hour ago, Gotters said:

stay of execution for a couple of months with UFC being shown til end of the year before that new streaming mob take over - I thought it had gone but just found the card tonight on BT sports listing.

https://www.mmanytt.com/latest-news/sources-bt-sport-will-air-ufc-231-ufc-on-fox-31-ufc-232-in-2018/

Eleven Sports is £5.99 per month. As a Sky customer BT wanted about £34 a month from me. The sooner it’s off BT the better.

I watch the MotoGP and some rugby and i like espn as part of BT. But its the UFC that i mainly have it forthe rest is a bonus. I just want everything i like in one place and one price but thats not possible.

3 hours ago, Black Cat Supremacist said:

Eleven Sports is £5.99 per month. As a Sky customer BT wanted about £34 a month from me. The sooner it’s off BT the better.

Eleven Sports’ monthly subscription won’t include UFC PPVs though. It may still work out cheaper for you over the course of a year if you’re only purchasing a few events but for most people it sounds like it’s going to be a really shit deal with regards to UFC coverage compared to BT Sport.

It’s been speculated that a small number (3 or 4) of these events will be pay-per-view, but nothing as of this time has been officially announced.

We don’t actually know what Eleven Sports are going to do yet. Beyond McGregor I can’t see a decent buy rate for £20 UFC ppvs in the UK.

I’m certainly a football fan as well and would like to watch ‘legal’ Champions League but I’ve had year long full Sky packages cheaper than the ludicrous amount BT were trying to charge me. I’d be amazed if BT Sports is still going in its current form in 5 years.

1 hour ago, skittles said:

THAT finish

If Jung hadnt gone straight out would it have went to decision?

Psyched Cowboy got the win. Did well to keep that armbar

I really dont know, it was very close. Probably 3 - 2 Yair but it could have gone to Zombie. I'm gonna watch it again later and decide.

I'll say it again, sorta a bitch move by yair. Zombies a clean respectful fighter. Hes not going to ignore yairs pseudo friendly shit and just go for a strike or someshit.

Nah, it's not a bitch move at all. I like to imagine that KZ absolutely loved it. As much as you can love being concussed and losing a win bonus.

14 hours ago, skittles said:

Do fight nights give fight bonuses? I hope they both got one there.

Dana white just said zombie was up 4-1 !!

If Dana actually has any knowledge of this sport, and you have to assume he does, he's certainly never revealed it in public :lol:

No but that looks interesting.

Anyone else find it amusing/sad that the korean zombie is referred to as the korean zombie and not his actual name? Even in the bottom left corner of the screen during his fight it doesn't display his actual name!

What a fight. Might watch again.

I don’t know much about him bit always had in the same camp as the footballer ‘Hulk’ - a career based on a cool nickname more than ability. 

6 minutes ago, skittles said:

No but that looks interesting.

It has Flava Flav in it  :lol: and Mikey from Beverly Hills Cop, which is how i found it.

6 minutes ago, skittles said:

Anyone else find it amusing/sad that the korean zombie is referred to as the korean zombie and not his actual name? Even in the bottom left corner of the screen during his fight it doesn't display his actual name!

What a fight. Might watch again.

It is kinda. Its also kinda insulting to the audience, do they think we cant handle a Korean name? They had his name on his shorts after all so why not on telly? Was the anyother nickname only fighters? Sexiyama was announced as Sexiyama iirc but i cant think of others.

It's pretty insulting to him I think.

Even my girlfriend, who never watches UFC thought it was quite bad. Was nice getting her to watch the event but all she keeps saying is how hot some of the guys are.

She also said she has a lesbian crush on Germaine de Randamie and I agree. She looked incredible both as an athlete and also as a specimen of a woman. I think she lights that division up. I want to see her vs Nunes ASAP.