rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Goose

The Dark Knight Rises - Summer 2012 - New Trailer Post #1230

I can see Bane working slightly differently, with Batman being on the run now he comes in and basically offers to take down the Batman to protect Gotham City, Batman only being able to be taken down by someone like himself and Gotham not realising Bane's a complete maniac to begin with etc. It's the best thing I can think of at the moment anyway, depp as the riddler just feels like it will be too similar to the Joker but without the danger of psychotic violence.

I like this idea. The Mayor could force Gordon to take a back seat on the Batman hunt because of their previously close relationship and appoint Bane as main Bat-catcher. Then Bane could be slightly ruthless about stuff, Gordon gets suspicious and investigates him and finds out that he's crazy bad. Then Bane goes after Gordon, forcing Batman to come out and confront Bane to save Gordon and they both have a massive fight. The whole "Bane is secretly a massive baddie" reveal could work since most of the audience wouldn't really know much about the character, unlike say the Joker.

With Deadshot as a minor villain at the start whom either Batman or Bane takes down and Bane ends up killing in interrogation.

To be honest, I cannot think of how a possible sequel should be approached. I've been tossing it around in my mind, and I keep coming back to a piece with little visceral action and the last stand of a clapped out, 50-something year old Batman with a similarly haggard Tom Waits as the Joker. No, I'm not thinking Dark Knight Returns (other than the age thing). It would remove the pressure on having to craft a truly 'direct' sequel and stand on its own merits. But I don't think WB would let that one fly even if Nolan begged them.

Seriously, I wouldn't mind if they leave it now. Or at the very most have the next film be about Batman attempting to evade the law as the outcast he's become. I hate the thought of Johnny Depp as the Riddler, and I'd be very cautious about the next film featuring larger-than-life supervillains. I just don't think they'd compare or work in this particular Batman franchise following The Dark Knight and all that surrounds it.

I think the next film needs a bit of a time skip too, not too long but just long enough that you can see that Batman's more experienced and knows what he's doing...perhaps done as a two parter so that they don't seem as long as TDK

To be honest, I cannot think of how a possible sequel should be approached. I've been tossing it around in my mind, and I keep coming back to a piece with little visceral action and the last stand of a clapped out, 50-something year old Batman with a similarly haggard Tom Waits as the Joker. No, I'm not thinking Dark Knight Returns (other than the age thing). It would remove the pressure on having to craft a truly 'direct' sequel and stand on its own merits. But I don't think WB would let that one fly even if Nolan begged them.

Seriously, I wouldn't mind if they leave it now. Or at the very most have the next film be about Batman attempting to evade the law as the outcast he's become. I hate the thought of Johnny Depp as the Riddler, and I'd be very cautious about the next film featuring larger-than-life supervillains. I just don't think they'd compare or work in this particular Batman franchise following The Dark Knight and all that surrounds it.

I agree completely, I just can't think of were they could go with it, without it being worse. (although I guess I'm not a multi-millionaire making director...yet.)

My money is on another director taking the franchise down shit creek.

SDCC: Next Batman Movie to Start Filming Next Year!

Source: Silas Lesnick

July 24, 2009

Gary Oldman just announced at the Warner Bros. Book of Eli panel that a third Batman film will go into production next year.

"I think the next Batman is next year," he told a fan who asked about when the long-awaited "Dark Knight" follow-up would hit, "We start shooting next year. You didn't hear that from me.

Nolan is shoulder deep filming Inception, which by all accounts is a bloody huge movie (A-list cast, $200M budget) so unless his brother is writing it and checking in with him constantly, I'm a little unsure how it'll be ready to go for shooting in 2010. Inception is due next summer, so it is possible on some levels.

I really hope that if their is no Nolan then their is no movie.

It made a billion dollars worldwide, do you really think there's any chance of there not being another sequel if Nolan didn't want it??

UPDATE:

I just interviewed Oldman and he back-peddled a bit on it, going from sure to the movie filming next year on the panel to a more "well, I'm sure they want to do another one... it might 2 or 3 years..." I'll have the exact quote for you in my interview, which I hope to have up tomorrow, but maybe them horses need holdin'. Or maybe he slipped and got an earful from Warners. What do you folks think?

-Quint

It made a billion dollars worldwide, do you really think there's any chance of there not being another sequel if Nolan didn't want it??

Yeah i know that but i can atleast hope.

I'd love to see James Camerons take on The Caped Crusader.

I think if Nolan didn't want to do it then the studio would find it very difficult to get all the stars back in place, then they'd have to consider yet another reboot. I think Nolan will come back for a third go, especially since the last movie ended on such a monumental cliffhanger.

simple_web_resonance.jpg

Miley Cyrus has reportedly auditioned for the role of Batgirl in the proposed Dark Knight sequel.

It is understood that the Hannah Montana star donned a batsuit and prepared her own dialogue for Warner Brothers executives, who are said to have been "stunned" by her performance.

"She was sort of hopping around the room and had even written some dialogue for herself," an insider told The Globe. "The problem is, some people aren't really convinced Miley has the acting chops to pull it off."

I love these made up Batman 3 casting stories. They seem to be the ‘go to’ story for entertainment sections in papers and websites when they need to fill some space. My favourite so far is Eddie Murphy as The Riddler.

I love the fact that they don't even have anyone signed ON to write the third script, let alone actually have a script, yet they're apparently testing all these people for roles in the film, that doesn't have a script, or anyone signed on to write it.

I love these made up Batman 3 casting stories. They seem to be the ‘go to’ story for entertainment sections in papers and websites when they need to fill some space. My favourite so far is Eddie Murphy as The Riddler.

I'm still waiting for a CGI John Candy as Mr. Freeze.

Given that a poster 'convinced' the world Jeff Goldblum was dead, perhaps we should have a competition to see which of us can get the most ludicrous Batman 3 casting 'decision' picked up by the moron press. Sonic the Hedgehog to play Robin, you heard it here first, etc.

If only he wasn't dead, Michael Jackson signed on as the Riddler would have been a good rumour to start.

Failing that...

Daniel Craig as Bane.

Miley Cyrus would be an awesome addition... but only if she got killed.

I'm not joking or being mean. If she was being all excitable like a puppy but got murdered it would really punctuate how real the world is.