rllmuk
Nequests

The Punk Thread

I thought I'd mentioned them in here a while back  but maybe it was some other music thread.

Anyways, Downtown Boys remain my favourite punk band of the last few years. Punk made by kids who care about something will always be the best...

Whilst having to work to find the good stuff 'back in the day' was fun and held it's own rewards, it s still great to see the entire catalogue of one of the great, probably the greatest, punk labels now available on bandcamp.

There are an awful lot of essential bands in the Dischord catalogue.

https://dischord.bandcamp.com/

• Upvote 2

On 28/08/2017 at 22:03, Sureshot said:

20 years since Making Friends... damn. RIP Tony.

Loved No Use. Only ever got to see them once, criminally. His solo stuff is great too. So sad to listen to now though

• Upvote 1

Enjoyed that, reminds me of Direct Hit! (think they are connected/they back him up), especially Paid in Brains.

Highly recommend Wasted Mind, a concept album built around drug use

So Dookie is 25 years old as of this month. Not my all-time favourite Green Day album but it's definitely up there. I remember the first time I heard of them - it was on TOTP and they did their their 'satellite performance' of Basket Case from San Fran (the video below, in fact). Definitely one of the first performances that made me want to play guitar!

I am obsessed with The Good, The Bad & The Zugly. 

Bu the way, if anyone remembers The Infested, my band is supporting them at New Cross Inn on 22nd March :) 

Really enjoying the album by Korean youngsters Drinking Boys and Girls Choir, skate punk that's very much like early Hi-Standard.

• Upvote 1