rllmuk
Nequests

The Punk Thread

Somehow missed that New Found Glory put out a new record this year.

The consistent quality of material these guys have put out over 20 years is impressive.

Yeah I love their consistency. That non-album track Connect the Dots (I think?) they released a year or two back was right up with all the classics I thought. Loved it. Saw them live for the first time back at the end of last year and it was awesome.

Anyway, in other news, I flipping love Modern Baseball

• Upvote 1

Anyway, in other news, I flipping love Modern Baseball

Modern Baseball? Hells yeah!

Their albums make me feel like I'm 18 or 19 again and at uni. I'm not sure if this is necessarily a good thing or not, but it's bloody good fun. On a similar note, the awfully-named The Front Bottoms are similarly good fun.

On a similar note, the awfully-named The Front Bottoms are similarly good fun.

Ah ha yeah. I put off listening to them because of the name for ages, but they seem pretty good.

Modern Baseball? Hells yeah!

Their albums make me feel like I'm 18 or 19 again and at uni. I'm not sure if this is necessarily a good thing or not, but it's bloody good fun. On a similar note, the awfully-named The Front Bottoms are similarly good fun.

Other best songs I think are twin sizes matress, maps and flashlight. Need to check out their other albums!

If anyone is around Harlow on Friday 13th my band is main support for the utterly excellent Filaments at the Square.

If you're based in Saaaaaaf London, we're headlining at The Fighting Cocks, Kingston on Saturday 21st with support from the Get Gone (ex-Capdown) and the melodic ska majesty of 3dbs Down. £3.

Check our (very old) album out on Spotify, search for The Foamers.

:)

Not sure if you lot qualify them as Punk but the new The King Blues album is out, and whilst I quite like it (although its not as good as Punk & Poetry imo) it sounds rather like Itch's voice is utterly fucked on stuff like Poems & Songs..

Offspring and Bad Religion touring together for 3 shows this summer. Got my tickets for Birmingham. Well excited - like the Crazy Taxi reunuion tour.

Also that Rebellion tour looks ace. Dag Nasty, Descendents and ALL. Would love to see them.

I'll probably always have a soft spot for NOFX because of how much I loved them in the 90s. I always think of them as a band I've grown out of until I hear one of their actual non-comedy songs and I always think "yeah, fair enough, this is still totally decent".

I got rid of all my NOFX records years ago in  drastic purge of my collection but I really regret getting rid of The Decline, their finest hour (okay, 15 minutes).