rllmuk
Nequests

The Punk Thread

New Propagandhi.

:omg:

It's not out right now right? September time? I am excited too. :omg:

I have been informed that Negative Approach are playing in London in October. Even though I'm not a MASSIVE fan I really like the EPs and bits and bobs I have of theirs....so yeah, I am excited about the prospect of seeing them.

any Londoners here? Sham 69 are at the Borderline on the 25th of November, The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion at the Electric Ballroom on the 3rd of December, Redd Kross at the Borderline on the 10th and The Damned at the Roundhouse on the 15th, it will be an amazing month.

A couple of weeks ago I saw the best band on the planet play one of the best shows I have ever seen. Thought it was going to be a bit flat due to being at Annexet, which is basically a huge function room. But no. Imagine an explosion going off in front of your face for 90 minutes - tremendous, furious energy on every track. Everything was perfect, from the opening right to the encore where they played New Noise then Tannhäuser. Dennis never stopped moving and in fact became more and more adventurous as the show went on - leaping from the PA and into the crowd along with other acrobatics.

I was in a daze for the next two days and even recalling it now makes me smile. Refused will never be fucking dead.

• Upvote 1

Pretty late to the party again (apparently came out in January) but has anyone else heard Bad Religions new stuff? Really enjoying it after a few listens.

Oh! Didn't see you reply! I would have said 'hey, let's hang!' but I was in a foul mood that night anyways...so maybe not. :) Did you enjoy?

Me too! I have a spare ticket going if anyone needs one.

EDIT: Ticket gone.

Yeah I love their new album. Just got tickets to see them on 20th August in London.

I'm getting tickets for then too! I love love loved Bad Religion when I saw them about 5/6 years ago. I haven't had a proper listen to their newest album though....really must do.

I see 1812 is gonna see Bad Religion at the Koko in August...anyone else? I'm gonna go....and I'm not worried about going alone...but it might be fun to hang out with people if they don't mind a short girl who is a bit afraid of getting riiiiight in the pit. :)

New Rancid and no thread bump? What is the world coming to? Anyway, I've listened to the first half and I'm loving it. A Power Inside has particularly stuck out to me. Very Clash like. Hopefully they'll tour soon.

Anyone else?

I love many different genres of music and lean towards the punk/harcore/metal end of things, but always love a bit of saccharine sweet pop punk, one man's trash is another man's treasure I guess.

In this time of good will to all men I suggest we put our differences aside and enjoy a Christmas classic together.

• Upvote 1

Any Destroy All Monsters fans here?

Well all their material got reissued last month in one boxset on Munster Records

post-8280-0-29567300-1420846765.jpg

post-8280-0-33766000-1420846791.jpg

Arguably the best punk band from the late 70's never to release a full LP. Describing themselves as more art punk they were later joined by Ron Asheton of the Stooges fame who changed their sound to a more psychedelic take on punk. The box set comprises of all their released and unreleased material from recently discovered tapes, the LP boxset comprises of three LP's, the first is their earlier incarnation the second is of their later incarnation and the 3rd is of live material. The box set also comes with a booklet of unpublished photos and art work.

The LP set is deffo only for the fans; its expensive for three LP's, I picked it up as a Xmas present to myself. But theres a double cd version out as well which is wallet friendly. And is a must buy for sure. One of those awesome forgotten bands of the punk era.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucw9Zs5eRKM