rllmuk
Nequests

The Punk Thread

it's with fucked up too. who are probably the best live act ever.

jelly of londoners, like normal

Sweet, didn't realise that. Descendents free show the night before too! Result.

• Upvote 1

It's probably been mentioned in the Hip Hop thread but I don't frequent there. Round a a friend's tonight and he stuck on the Wugazi album, mash up between Wu Tang Clan and Fugazi, I think it's excellent.

Hot Snakes are reforming for the Xmas ATP! :omg:

FUCK.

Would love to see them again. The last time I saw them they were passing around a bottle of tequila on stage at the Underworld. It started off AMAZING, and actually ended up more amazing.

Personally I think it's pretty good. It's a bit of cheesey horror orientated punk, Jerry Only sounds almost like an older Danzig and his voice it's a better fit to the music than Michael Graves ever was. I'd say it's certainly better than any of the nu-Misfits albums to date, imo obviously.

Edit; go onto iTunes and preview each track, you'll hear nearly the whole album :lol:

Rocket from the Crypt reform :omg:...

23lbi4n.jpg

...to play in front of ten 3 year olds at a Yo Gabba Gabba recording.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=284938014864140&set=a.274484295909512.77226.100000438328551&type=1&ref=nf

AP-ROCKET FROM THE CRYPT REUNITE! apparently no one got the email invites to witness the sole reunion performance of the defunct San Diego rock n roll band Rocket From The Crypt. The band played a surprisingly tight and choreographed show on the set of Nickelodeon's children show Yo Gabba Gabba. The unfortunately small audience (about five to ten 3 year olds) did not hamper the bands energy as they played favorites from their first 4 LP's. One attendee was overheard saying " I'm thirsty". When asked about future Rocket performances the band answered, " No. We are only interested in playing to audiences of 5 to 10 people between the ages of 3 to 6. Although we were surprisingly tight and choreographed , we will most likely never play as a band ever again."
  • Upvote 1

I like Supporting Caste lots but it's got to be Today's Empires, Tomorrow's Ashes for me. That album is amazing. :wub:

I hope they tour here again.....they are one of the best bands I've ever seen live. It was just pure.......RAAARRGHHHAAAAGGGGGHHFUCK.

Here's a few

Being a big fan of the Jon Spencer Blues Explosion you have just a) reminded me of how awesome Pussy Galore are and that b) that i criminally possess none of their works thus making me purchase their 'Right Now' lp off amazon and making me more poorer. Curse you!

i have just re-read this thread and i forgot some of the cool recommendations some of you guys gave me. I have to thank you guys for pointing me in the right direction with the likes of the Pagans, The Wipers and The Dead Kennedy's when i was just started exploring the genre, thanks to you punk has become the pillar of my music tastes and has helped lead me onto a path to becoming what i can only describe as a music geek. i don't know whether to hate you guys or not.

• Upvote 1

Have you listened to Ebba Grön or Imperiet (Less punk, but the same dude from Ebba Grön on vocals), Bingo? Maybe you'd like them, can learn some more Swedish at the same time!

Have you listened to Ebba Grön or Imperiet (Less punk, but the same dude from Ebba Grön on vocals), Bingo? Maybe you'd like them, can learn some more Swedish at the same time!

I think I have heard of Imperiet, somewhere. But there is another bunch of Swedish merry tunesmiths called Out of Vogue and they go a little something like this:

http://open.spotify....JtwfyDxprT43tcC

edit: Oh, wait - a friend of mine was educating me in regard to various Swedish musical acts and she played a lot of Imperiet.

Reminds me of Invasionen, another of Dennis' bands