rllmuk
Nequests

The Punk Thread

right sorry about the other thread....

so anyone up for fucked up/against me, glasgow? The usual gig buddy (girlfriend) is too small and delicate for such a thing.

cover.jpg

KVELERTAK!

It's like the Hellacopters made a sex with Sabbath, Baroness, Motörhead, Hendrix and put the spunky leftovers into a Black Metal blender with three quarts of pure fucking PUNK ROCK.

I like it a lot.

Two of the guys from Brainbombs

I'm in.

Thanks for the heads up. Might see if I can pick up a copy on some distro, though the vinyl's looking pretty pricey. Maybe I should preview it first...

The new Bad Religion LP is really good, it reminds me a lot of Recipe for Hate in it's lyrical content. This is a great thing and i much prefer it to New Maps of Hell which i consider the only real letdown since The Process of Belief.

I like it more than New Maps of Hell too- for some reason I just found myself finding it difficult to repeatedly listen to it whereas with this one I'm happy for it to repeat.

o/

Yeah. I really, really loved the Process of Belief and how varied it was , and to a similar extent the Empire Strikes First.

New Maps of Hell has always struck me of the band making a record for the 'fans'(read: miserable old punks who want them to make Suffer over and over again for 30 years) as opposed to what they want to make themselves. TDOM seems like an album Bad Religion wanted to make and is all the better for it.

Anyone got some Garage Punk recommendations?

I'm putting a band together for 1 day, next Saturday. Going to record an EP in an empty house. I cant actually play so thankfully have a few talented mates who can. We have the lyrics written so hopefully a few beers and smokes will get the tunes written & recorded.

I've made this Playlist so far. I know its not all garage punk, its just more 'inspirational' Any other inspiration?

http://listen.grooveshark.com/#/playlist/Garage+punk/35625763

This is great. Copy and paste from the YouTube description because I'm lazy:

Another State of Mind is a documentary film made in the summer of 1982 chronicling the adventure (and misadventure) of two punk bands Social Distortion and Youth Brigade as they embark on their first international tour. Along the way they meet up with another progressive punk band, Minor Threat, whom they hang out with at the Dischord house for about a week near the end of their ill-fated tour.

(Unfortunately the cunts at WMG have silenced Part II, but the rest of the film is fine without it.)

It's well worth a watch. Great Minor Threat footage, and I love the parts with them fixing up the tour bus before heading out.

• Upvote 2

I'm putting a band together for 1 day, next Saturday. Going to record an EP in an empty house. I cant actually play so thankfully have a few talented mates who can. We have the lyrics written so hopefully a few beers and smokes will get the tunes written & recorded.

I've made this Playlist so far. I know its not all garage punk, its just more 'inspirational' Any other inspiration?

Here's a few

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9a4W2FZnpc

• Upvote 1

A couple more:

NewBombTurks-DestroyOhBoy.jpg

Thee_0020_Headcoats_0020_-_0020_Headcoats_0020_Down.jpg

51DYWYVNW0L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Also all the Born Bad, Back From The Grave, English Freakbeat, Nuggets etc. collections for 60s stuff - some volumes are patchy but there's always some good stuff in here.