IGNORED

Infinite Undiscovery Xbox 360

Janski

Laine didn't get on with FFXII and this sounds very similar in combat :)

Oi! :D I adore Persona 3 you know!

It's really bad so far. But like Ed said, not played it that long. One of the things I love about RPG's is the silly plots, over blown voice acting etc but this is POOR.

I loved the style and look of FFXII! I'm sure i'll plough through this though, moaning all the while! Definitely not a must buy - lets all wait for Last Remnant.

Oi! :) I adore Persona 3 you know!

It's really bad so far. But like Ed said, not played it that long. One of the things I love about RPG's is the silly plots, over blown voice acting etc but this is POOR.

I loved the style and look of FFXII! I'm sure i'll plough through this though, moaning all the while! Definitely not a must buy - lets all wait for Last Remnant.

Bugger. I know we share similar tastes and you've put me on a bit of a downer now :D

Mine should be here tomorrow from Game. Still, was only £29.99.

Bugger. I know we share similar tastes and you've put me on a bit of a downer now :)

Mine should be here tomorrow from Game. Still, was only £29.99.

The most fun i'm getting out of it is repeating the battle cries at full volume down Ed's ear.

SPINNING WALTZ! SPINNING WALTZ! SPINNING WALTZ! SPINNING WALTZ!

The most fun i'm getting out of it is repeating the battle cries at full volume down Ed's ear.

SPINNING WALTZ! SPINNING WALTZ! SPINNING WALTZ! SPINNING WALTZ!

You'll have to send him round to mine everytime I'm playing it then if that's the only fun to be had :)

FFXII had mostly brilliant voice acting!

The main trouble is matching lip synching, leading to really odd timing and enunciation. Of course, hiring rubbish actors won't help, but a few games have gotten it right.

No tri-Ace game has though... Valkyrie Profile 2 had some amazingly shit one liners which characters said at the end of a battle. My personal favourite was "What is your life, now that you are dead?". Poor translation, poorly delivered, it doesn't get much better than that! Still, tri-Ace games are all about crazy battle systems (and massive difficulty spikes). :)

FFXII had mostly brilliant voice acting!

Indeed. Fran was rubbish, and that emo cunt that's the protagonist gets on my tit's but Balthier is worth price of admission alone.

I still think there should be an option to put japanese dialogue with subs on all JRPG's. Don't give me none of that space restriction crap.

The main trouble is matching lip synching, leading to really odd timing and enunciation. Of course, hiring rubbish actors won't help, but a few games have gotten it right.

Also see: most anime dubs.

Indeed. Fran was rubbish, and that emo cunt that's the protagonist gets on my tit's but Balthier is worth price of admission alone.

I still think there should be an option to put japanese dialogue with subs on all JRPG's. Don't give me none of that space restriction crap.

Also see: most anime dubs.

Aye, I haven't watched an anime dubbed in years. I totally agree with you on the Japanese language option. To be honest, they should have this for all Japanese made games, but yeah I think it would make the most difference for RPGs since beside the massive franchises, most publishers are seemingly too small to hire decent talent. At least there are those kind internet peoples who do 'undub' versions.

Anyway, I don't want to derail the thread any more, so I'm bowing out!

Aye, I haven't watched an anime dubbed in years. I totally agree with you on the Japanese language option.

Every time I switch to Japanese I feel like a saddo Japanophile but there's always one voice in the English dub that drives me crazy. Usually the wacky, zany one. For all I know, the Japanese acting is just as bad but I can't tell.

Has any of you played Vesperia? If so how does this compare?

I want to pack Wow in and play a good JRPG.

Really, this isn't worth doing that for. I think the best 360 RPG is Lost Odyssey, and even that gets boring in the middle.

Play Persona 3 instead!

What format is Persona 3 on?

PS2, but don't let that put you off, it's the best JRPG in absolutely ages!

Every time I switch to Japanese I feel like a saddo Japanophile but there's always one voice in the English dub that drives me crazy. Usually the wacky, zany one. For all I know, the Japanese acting is just as bad but I can't tell.

I sort of agree with you, but sometimes you can just tell that it's bad, like in Disgaea 2. The big tip off was that the sound levels were all over the place. I hope they've fixed that for the third game. Still, bad Japanese is marginally better than bad English, it just doesn't hurt as much, right?

Played some more last night and I'm warming to it more and more, it's nowhere near the quality of either VP though.

I am hoping for some variation with the bosses guarding the chains though. IGN reported this was about 20/30 hours and I can see why if it follows the same path it seems to be treading.

Aside from my menu annoyances, I am finding the lack of "direction" a tad irritating, by this, I mean an "end point" on the map would help immensely, but sadly you can be wandering around aimlessley for ages and so far, most of the places I've needed to visit are tucked right away and can only really be found if you hug the walls and spot the cave opening.

Done two chains so far, about 5 hours in.