IGNORED

Infinite Undiscovery Xbox 360

Janski

Could't find a thread on this.....

press gubbins-

In Infinite Undiscovery, players are drawn into a real-time world woven of countless threads where their choices spin untold discoveries. The actions taken by the player with each discovery have a real-time impact on the world. Situational Battles: Players are confronted with a variety of dramatic “situational battles” such as executing a daring escape while a gigantic ogre follows in hot pursuit, or waging battle amidst towering tidal waves. The dynamic environments change and respond in real-time to player commands, creating an entirely new experience never before seen in the genre. A Seamless World and Real-time Action: Combat, exploration, and other actions all take place within the same environment, seamlessly shifting between each game facet. Battles are carried out in real-time, bringing the vibrant fighting sequences of the STAR OCEAN series out of the traditional battle screen into a beautiful and lush environment.

From the makers of Star Ocean series, Tri-Ace.

Due for release this Friday 5th September in PAL land

Getting some mixed reviews - IGN seem to critisize it for being too short (only 20 hours, no bad thing imo) and having too many main charcters whilist 1UP seem to like the real-time combat and story - http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/935661.asp

Folks over a GAF seem to like it -

~30 hours, 4 difficulty levels with unique content, super hard bonus dungeon, tons of character interactions, open-ended ending, lots of skills and item creation. Yup, sounds like a tri-Ace game!

After the awesomeness of Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon on 360 will probably take the plunge

gameplay Vid - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gU5anErLf7Q...ed&resnum=9

Any one got hold of a US copy or a YARR version like to post early impressions?

.::: Mate of mine played through it for a review. Suffice to say, Tales of... isn't losing its real-time RPG combat crown. If you liked Star Ocean - Till The End Of Time (PS2) this'll be right up your alley though, because it plays like a direct sequel.

The name still baffles me...

After the awesomeness of Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon on 360 will probably take the plunge

You seriously have low standards.

IGN's criticism of its short story is probably more of a blessing than a curse, though as very few games have the quality to last beyond even 10 hours without dipping in quality.

IGN's criticism of its short story is probably more of a blessing than a curse, though as very few games have the quality to last beyond even 10 hours without dipping in quality.

.::: To be honest, with the amount of quality JRPGs hitting the west, how could you have high standards? But yeah, LO and BD were both disappointing. The only fun 'next-gen' JRPG I've played this generation was Enchanted Arms and even that wasn't top-notch.

At this rate Persona 3 seems to be taking home the gold (and yeah it isn't next-gen).

Fair cop on Blue Dragon, which I'm running through now as I've got nowt else work through, whilst it's by no means a classic I've got a bit of a soft spot for it cos of the gorgeous visuals and music :)

Lost Odyssey though, got to say is currenlty in my top 5 games on 360

Nah it sounds like an alarming amount of JRPG's. The words 'Final Fantasy' minced through some kind of butcher's thesaurus machine.

I can picture a room full of japanese developers looking through stacks of bi-lingual dictionarys trying to think of impressive sounding names. A bit like Miyamoto and Donkey kong really!

At this rate Persona 3 seems to be taking home the gold (and yeah it isn't next-gen).

Which is a bad thing how!?

I'll probably get this game eventually, I'm always a sucker for tri-ace battle systems, even if they have the most embarrassing and cringeworthy plots in videogames ever ever ever.

Oddly they seem to take a while to drop in price(minus the odd offer). Well, aside from Blue Dragon which was half price after 6 weeks.

They take a while to hit rock bottom for sure, but Eternal Sonata was cheap fairly quickly, as was Lost Odyssey (I'm talking the £20-£25 mark here)

Had this show up yesterday and stuck about 3 hours into it yesterday evening.

There's something pulling me to it, I can't explain what, but I felt compelled to continue my quest for a good few hours. Thing is, it's not particularly great, the dialogue and voice acting alone is quite possibly the most comically bad I've seen yet. In fact, at times, it looks no better than a PS2 RPG.

The battle system works well enough, although be prepared to micro-manage every character's equipment and weapons, including your own. When you acquire a new piece of equipment/weapon, the game doesn't automatically assign it as the default.

The menu system, well, if there is an easier way, then I've yet to find it, but I really, really don't like how the menu system works during the game. Basically, you hit the BACK button, it brings the menu up, but the action is still ensuing on screen. So if you need to heal quickly and your allies are being stubborn muppets and not casting Liev, then you're buggered since unless you find a spot of respite, you can't action it quick enough. Same goes for weapons, magics, songs etc.

One other thing to be aware of, pay attention to EVERYTHING that's said. I was stuck on particular part and unless I FAQ'd it up, I'd still be there now, be mindful of everything you read or what's said to your character.

Whilst it does have many shortcomings, it does lend a certain charm, although as to what I've yet to put my finger on, but it must be something otherwise I wouldn't have sat through 3 hours of it yesterday.

Apparently these are 3 of the 5 items people who pre-ordered will get:

"Learning Coin→Experience Acquired +10%"

"Harvest Coin→Money Acquired +10%"

"Heart of the Mountain Ascetic→Experience Points Needed for the next level is Unattainable," and so forth.

Translated on Neogaf from the community blog - presumes we'll get the same as the Japs.