IGNORED

House of the Dead: Overkill (Wii)

Bocuma

Am loving this at the min. I've got 2 nyko perfect shot guns.

I worry about the longevity of this title but it's the best lightgun game i've played.

The 18 cert is well justified and i hope there are a few more titles like this in the pipeline plz :blink:

Good to see so many impressions of this - I really hope it's sold well, though all these comments may be slightly misleading as to how it's performed at retail.

I think these on-rails shooty games are pretty niche. I certainly would not pay £30 for one. And I'm a hardcore Nintendo fanboy! I prefer my shooty games to be free roaming. On-rails games belong in arcades 20 years ago.

I think these on-rails shooty games are pretty niche. I certainly would not pay £30 for one. And I'm a hardcore Nintendo fanboy! I prefer my shooty games to be free roaming. On-rails games belong in arcades 20 years ago.

More like 10-15 years ago...but this game really is worth the asking price.

So far on Wii I've bought myself UC and Ghost Squad, the former is sh*t and the latter despite being cheap was not worth the money despite being decent.

This game I've spent a good 6 or 7 hours playing over the weekend and I can see myself coming back to it to play over at least several more times, its better value for money than a lot of Wii (or PS3/360 for that matter) games these days.

Its not for everyone obviously, but I'd recommend anyone who isn't easily (or not so easily) offended should at least try it out.

It could well end up being the best Wii game released this year.

It's not very good. No sir.

The graphics are all fine and decent and grindhousey and all that, but the utterly shit framerate, the overly long, repetitive levels, and the sheer ease of the game (at least on default difficulty) made it all quite dull for me.

It's a shame, as I was all PSYCHED for a really slick, fucked-up HotD game, and all I got was a boring shooting gallery (with no alternate routes, as far as I could tell) with occasionally funny cut-scenes.

Also, MOTHERFUCK is not that hilarious when shouted for the 100th time.

It's not very good. No sir.

The graphics are all fine and decent and grindhousey and all that, but the utterly shit framerate, the overly long, repetitive levels, and the sheer ease of the game (at least on default difficulty) made it all quite dull for me.

It's a shame, as I was all PSYCHED for a really slick, fucked-up HotD game, and all I got was a boring shooting gallery (with no alternate routes, as far as I could tell) with occasionally funny cut-scenes.

Also, MOTHERFUCK is not that hilarious when shouted for the 100th time.

motherf$%king FAIL

get the game - get the handcannon and SHOOT SOME MOTHERF$%KING SH!T RIGHT MOTHERF$%KING UP

motherf$%ker

just done the first three levels in co-op with the missus. i love it, she's less impressed but doesn't hate it.

the handcannon's nose-heavyness has given me a nice wanker's cramp.

having calibration issues big style, i think it's because i am too close to the tv (37" about 6 or 7 feet from my hand) and i find i have to rotate the gun (operation wolf style) rather than move my arms at the shoulder to be remotely accurate.

I just couldn't get into it. I'm not really the type who believes Normal should mean Easy, either, so I didn't want the difficulty turned up. Seriously, it was fun for a while, simply for the novelty value, but even two player couldn't save it.

Once we got the auto-shotgun, the tedium sank right in.

EDIT: I did, however, like competing for a higher score than the other player, since the combo meter is really well done.

Haha, watch the angry little monkey dance because he can't even get his hobby right.

Excuse me? Get my hobby right?

What reason do you have for being in this thread, apart from to be an insulting little cunt?

Edited by Big Gus
User was warned for this post

I just couldn't get into it. I'm not really the type who believes Normal should mean Easy, either, so I didn't want the difficulty turned up. Seriously, it was fun for a while, simply for the novelty value, but even two player couldn't save it.

Once we got the auto-shotgun, the tedium sank right in.

EDIT: I did, however, like competing for a higher score than the other player, since the combo meter is really well done.

well - play the director's cut version with TWO MOTHERF$%KING HANDCANNONS and RIP THEIR MOTHERF$%KING BALLS OFF.

sorry - I just find the voice over and overall presentation of this absolutely hilarious. Big round of applause to the BRITISH team what did it.

I seem to have an annoying glitch/bug in my copy. When in two-player or dual-wield mode, controller 2 automatically reloads after one shot. Very annoying as it makes both modes almost useless to me. Has anyone else encountered this?

I seem to have an annoying glitch/bug in my copy. When in two-player or dual-wield mode, controller 2 automatically reloads after one shot. Very annoying as it makes both modes almost useless to me. Has anyone else encountered this?

Not encountered that, and have played it solely on co-op.

Any chance you've got a dodgy remote? Have you tried swapping the remotes round and seeing if it still does it?