IGNORED

Remember...Knightmare?

Boyatsea

• 2 weeks later...

622 views and it's been up all day? What the hell? There have to be more than 622 people who remember Knightmare. It wasn't worth getting Dobby out of bed for 622 views.

Edit: Ah, 3834 likes, so it's just the view counter messed up. I thought youtube solved that with the "301+" counter.

Dobby's f-bomb is pretty odd. It's even out of sync. I can't tell if it's a production error or a purposeful wink to the now-adult audience.

This was incredibly cheap and not very well made... but the nostalgia!! I'm very glad they made it and got Hugo Myatt.

Lord Fear calling Lissard fat... but Lord Fear's the one who got pretty porky in his middle age! If they could get Dobby full-time I think they should do a full series.

I thought she said "what the heck..." not wtf? Treygard's reaction after she said whatever it was she said was pretty funny though. I can't quite make out what ihe said, but he stays in character and calls her daisy.

What Treygard said sounded like "This is my catchphrase, so leave it alone Daisy"

And she did say "what the fuck is it?" as the 2 people nearest them on the bench seem to grin and look at them as if to say "cant believe you just said that!"

God that was fun. I want more. I think it could really work in the new guise with slightly older contestants and a more knowing tongue in cheek tone. I remember loving it as a kid - knowing it was all pretend but still really getting into it and being creeped out when Treguard would freeze the kids until next week.

Collision detection was terrible though! a few times they were saying "little bit left" to avoid walking into the wall instead of the next room, but they went in anyway. I noticed they frequently cut to the others when that was about to happen, maybe to avoid seeing it too often?

What I found clever was Dobby squeezing in between the chair and the "wall" when getting the helmet. It's the little things!

At least it had a satisfying Knightmare-trademarked stupid death ending. I love the one where the kid says "Step left", prompting his dungeoneer step right and fall straight into a bottomless pit .

This thread has been going years hopefully someones posted that clip at some point.

Collision detection was terrible though! a few times they were saying "little bit left" to avoid walking into the wall instead of the next room, but they went in anyway. I noticed they frequently cut to the others when that was about to happen, maybe to avoid seeing it too often?

That often happened in the original series as well. The first few episodes saw an awful lot of faffing around trying to get through doorways, with the teams not really having any idea how to manoeuvre their dungeoneer. Sidestepping was unheard of. I assume that over time, the producers and previous knowledge of the show tidied things up, and struggling to get through a door was simply edited out.

At least it had a satisfying Knightmare-trademarked stupid death ending. I love the one where the kid says "Step left", prompting his dungeoneer step right and fall straight into a bottomless pit .

This thread has been going years hopefully someones posted that clip at some point.

Hmm.. this could actually be the ideal property to make a half-decent Kinect game from..

One person stood in their living room, back to the screen/camera (so they can't see anything) being directed which way to step etc by friends online who can see them 'in' the dungeon.. Which can be made up of randomised rooms, questions, items etc..