X-Factor 2008

X-factor should stop at the "Bootcamp" phase. They should get to the point where there's three rooms of hopefuls, waiting to hear their fates, then have the judges walk in and send all three groups home. "We've had our fun laughing at the idiots. The show's over. Sod off."

Where did I read that Cowell might be giving the X-Factor (and TV in general up) after this? (Or after Britain's Got Talent, at least.)

Or, better yet, get to the three rooms full of hopefulls part, and then release one room onto an island and recreate a live version of Battle Royale, cart the second room off to Japan for forced participation in some of their endurance game shows, and then just seal the third room up and leave.

Fucking shitty Boyzone and shitty Westlife.

SHIT

Yeah, it is the usual suspects. There's such a narrow pool of singers/bands that make up event television.

Wow! It's Children in Need! Let's book McFly, Westlife and Boyzone! Again! There's some shitty lowest common denominator demographic they always target.

Where did I read that Cowell might be giving the X-Factor (and TV in general up) after this? (Or after Britain's Got Talent, at least.)

In the paper. The report reckoned that Cowell said that he wanted to give up all his TV commitments after 2009 and go back to solely producing, mainly cos of the workload he's now having to do. Even if there is a bit of truth it it, this doesn't mean the shows will finish, someone will fill in for him. He'll still make his usual stash, especially as it's his company doing two of them (in the UK anyway) and I'm sure he'll find a way to still earn from American Idol, even if he wasn't on it.

Simons a big part of the x factor experience though. Its obvious he is getting tired of it, i mean he does x factor, american idol and britains got talent.. and he been doing those for a while now.

It depends who replaces him, but i dunno if id really watch it as much if simon wasnt on it.

Holy shit Alex was amazing. JLS and Egghead were awful though! It's a shame the judges are reduced to sycophants in the final - I would have liked at least one of them to lay into that Irish twat for missing so many fucking notes.

JLS infuriate me, the bellends. They want it so badly like they want their facial features captured in a photograph in a nightclub. Nearly every act that's ever been on the show doesn't hide the fact that they want it...but, the false laughing with their back arched and their arm on their stomach -or worse pointing- every time Louis comes out with 'Can you win it, yes you can'.

Just surprised more people don't want to hit them, to be honest.