X-Factor 2008

Last night was actually pretty good. I thought the first half of the performances where the best consistant song choices for the whole series and really fitted each person.

Was surprised to see Diana go, i really thought it would be JLS or Alex. Infact Simon gave a speech after Alex's last performance which sounded like he already knew she had low votes, but im glad she is still in.

No, he wasn't (unfortunately). As Dermot now emphasises, they don't reveal who the bottom two are now - only the bottom one. It could equally have been either JLS or Alexandra

Dermot said something along the lines of "ironic that it ended up being you two as the bottom two" so I assumed they were the two with the least amount of votes.

Alexandra Burke's ex-boyfriend is allegedly trying to sell a 10-minute sexy video of them together for £100,000.

D’andre West met with Sunday tabloid reporters last week to show off the tape of him and Alex making love.

'I want to make some money. . . If she becomes a big star this is easily worth that. She strips, we have sex, you can see everything,' he's reported to have told News Of The World journalists.

2d44f9ce671d79cc60674c2c8279f385.jpg

The fact now that Eggnog is in the final shows us that he is going to win this. The only decent performance he put on throughout the whole show was that sobbing over Diana's departure. Now he'll get Diana's voters and all the mums who feel sorry for the little runt.

If Alexandra doesn't get into the final, then the show is officially shit. Once again she shows she's clearly far better than all the rest.

Yup, most certainly. Based on talent she should win, but if it's her or JLS, I'll be happy either way. As long as it's not Eggnog, really.

I literally cannot wait for Spicy to come in here with her woman venom. It's gonna be funny. Oh, and her weekly report.

Wouldn't like to disappoint. Why am I woman venom though? I'm singing the praises of Alex, in case you missed, a girl! At least she could dance. You might consider it a weak dance, it's better than watching a statue produce awful sounds (Diana). Alex dances very well considering pros wouldn't even attempt both at the same time. I only need to name Britney!

To be fair, it was probably her song choice that was her downfall. She was better last night than any of the other previous weeks, when she was shocking. But... a Dido song? White flag? Is there anything more boring to choose?! Holy crap....

I liked JLS as well though, and that they finally credited the other 3 as well. Nice.

Ambulances were called to a gig thrown by X Factor boyband JLS tonight after a stampede broke out.

The four-piece - one of three acts competing in the final of the ITV contest this weekend - were putting on a free show for more than 1,000 fans at Fairfield Halls in Croydon when the crowd surge occured.

"I'd been queuing since 1pm but when the school kids turned up it became so busy with them all pushing us towards the front," one teenager told The Croydon Guardian. "There was a pregnant woman in the crowd. It was horrible. I couldn't move. I couldn't get out."

Four ambulances and three fast response cars arrived on the scene as the large crowd grew. Six people were treated at the scene, including one with breathing difficulties and one with abdominal pain.

"All are believed to be minor injuries," said a police spokeswoman. "The most serious injury is thought to be a suspected fractured wrist."

:wub:

The duets have been announced:

Eggnog and Boyzone

Alexandra and Westlife

JLS and Rihanna

Interesting mix. The duets definitely influenced the voting last year - Leon basically won because he sung with Kylie.

Eggnog's already got the Irish vote, but a reformed Boyzone could propel him over the line. Rihanna's massively popular so JLS could get a bump up. I think Alexandra has lost out here, to be honest, much as Rhydian did last year when he got paired up with a mediocre Katherine Jenkins.

the duets are completly unfair in this show. It was totally unfair in last years show.. you have kylie, jason donovan and Katherine Jenkins. The only real one in the public eye is kylie... it should be down to the contestant and not the celebs singing with them.

JLS are really the only ones to profit from this, aren't they? Owen already has the Irish vote so Boyzone aren't gonna change a damn thing there, and does anyone still like Westlife?

I can't believe that this is the best calibre of act they can get to do this, though, did someone good pull out so Louis had to rope his mates in?

JLS are really the only ones to profit from this, aren't they? Owen already has the Irish vote so Boyzone aren't gonna change a damn thing there, and does anyone still like Westlife?

I can't believe that this is the best calibre of act they can get to do this, though, did someone good pull out so Louis had to rope his mates in?

Mums like Westlife, don't underestimate the power of their vote!