X-Factor 2008

Same old editing, year after year... *yawn*

Are they still using the American Beauty music for the sob stories? My daughter kept turning the telly off.

The "rapper" co-singer-guy with the never-changing expression was awesome, though.

The "rapper" co-singer-guy with the never-changing expression was awesome, though.

He looked exactly like the bloke who always shags the fat slags in Viz comic.

Some of the bad auditions stuff seems obviously scripted. "I didn't sell 158 copies for nothing"

Still, good fun if you fast forward through the sob stories.

Here's a thing, wasn't the guy Cheryl cried over, Lee Mager, wasn't he on Buzzcocks once? In the identity parade?

They seemed to avoid the fact that he'd been in Phixx since getting kicked off Popstars. Guess it made the story less heartrending.

I noticed that when the girlfriend was watching the repeat last night. No-one involved in that cover of wild Boys should be allowed anywhere near a recording studio.

they really fucked over that club singer...all that trouble to film his past, with the panels notes no doubt saying "slate this guy".

cheryl: "ahh cannat dee it man! aah cannat judge this like"

black girl with 5 kids, one at age 13, with prison and drugs background. snap her up! heart rending tale coming up as shes knocked out before the mansion, cos she'll be on the rob

they really fucked over that club singer...all that trouble to film his past, with the panels notes no doubt saying "slate this guy".

Bullshit. They probably paid him handsomely to turn up, and told him exactly what the outcome would be.

X-Factor is just entertainment. It's completely scripted.

Has anyone ever actually been to a Working Men's Club? The footage made them look like incredibly scary hives of inbreeding.

only most of the 80s and 90s.

good if you want cheap booze and a chance of winning a couple of quid on the bingo.

not so much if you want to take a dip in the gene pool.

Bullshit. They probably paid him handsomely to turn up, and told him exactly what the outcome would be.

X-Factor is just entertainment. It's completely scripted.

i prefer to think he thought he had a chance...like the phixx connection though

i went to one near me last week, 8 foot pool table 30p a go, cheap drinks, wicked. all the old blokes were playing dominoes and some sort of weird lottery game involving a random number machine on the wall.

id recommend it