Batman: Arkham Asylum

Harsin

Can anyone tell me why some bad guys have Red spider sense and how on earth you are supposed to defeat them ?

This is really annoying as i don't recall any tutorial about these guys.

Loving this apart from that. Much much better than I thought it would be

Can anyone tell me why some bad guys have Red spider sense and how on earth you are supposed to defeat them ?

B

You have to daze them with cape strike (B on the 360) before you can hit them - normal counter won't work, nor will normal hits. They'll just block and ruin your combo

ok, just cmpleted this and willing to bump up to a 9. Everything it tries to do it does excellently. Great game for a splinter cell clone :D

I even loved the ending. what was peoples problem with it?

Still not as good as resi 4 IMO but damn good

Well my personal problem

is that it's a bit of a duffer boss battle compared to the others, such as Ivy's which happens just before it and the fact that the fight before the last battle is probably the toughest battle of the game. It's an extremely simple "repeat this 3 times" boss fight.

Was expecting so much more from it.

If you unlocked instant counters, press B & Y at the same time to do an instant KO to them.

Well my personal problem is that it's a bit of a duffer boss battle compared to the others, such as Ivy's which happens just before it and the fact that the fight before the last battle is probably the toughest battle of the game. It's an extremely simple "repeat this 3 times" boss fight. Was expecting so much more from it.

I disliked it because it was one of those 'if you fuck up early on you might as well restart' sections. There was really no way to turn things around if you went into the last bit with low health (for me anyway).

I disliked it because it was one of those 'if you fuck up early on you might as well restart' sections. There was really no way to turn things around if you went into the last bit with low health (for me anyway).

You

regain health between each wave of goons, at least on Normal. As always the amount you get back corresponds to the XP you earn fighting, but I certainly wouldn't say the circumstances are unfair.

I'm on the

Poison Ivy

Boss fight...

Am I near the end?

This game has been pretty damn stunning.

The quality bar is so high throughout...there are only two sections to far that I felt it dropped slightly.

The afore mentioned Ivy boss fight and the Croc Layer, collecting the spores in the sewers.

Still great though all the way through. The

Metal Gear/Scarecrow

weird sections are probably the highlights. :D

I'm on the

Poison Ivy

Boss fight...

Am I near the end?

This game has been pretty damn stunning.

The quality bar is so high throughout...there are only two sections to far that I felt it dropped slightly.

The afore mentioned Ivy boss fight and the Croc Layer, collecting the spores in the sewers.

Still great though all the way through. The

Metal Gear/Scarecrow

weird sections are probably the highlights. :D

You've got one big battle with the goons and then the final battle with the joker left to go.

The Old Boy-esque corridor fight before the end was a pure joy, much like most of the game.

20 flids giving me the sarcastic clap treatment? There's only one thing to do.

I was so annoyed at those bastards being so fucking cheeky I was the same :D Boot meet face, face meet boot.

Finished! That was so so so so amazing, will gather thoughts later right now I'm all :D because of how incredible that was but also :lol: because it's over.

Well the story is, got 50% of riddlers challenges left and haven't touched a single challenge room yet so plenty to keep doing until I eventually get around to my hard playthrough.

All I know is, this is the most fun I've had playing a new game since Resi 4. Brilliant stuff. I'm probably getting close to the end now, though :D

Spoiler for those who've finished -

Man, the final Scarecrow bit was ace. At first I thought the 360 was freaking out - the effect they use to begin is EXACTLY what my 360 did last time it RROD'd!! :D loved the edited earlier sequences, and the 'middle stick' bit made me lol so hard.

Amazing scenes all round tbh. :lol:

I'm near the end on this. I'm trying to limit my playing so I can really stretch it out. It's fucking amazing. So, so good that I can't praise it enough.

One particular section where I thought 'wow' was the Killer Croc bit in the sewers. Not because it was particularly amazing, or hard, but simply because it makes you do one thing and then, just as that thing becomes a bit boring, something else will happen. For eg: at first you're just walking about finding spores. This then gets a bit dull so Killer Croc starts jumping up. This eventually also becomes a bit dull, so he starts smashing platforms. The way that it kept adding something simple just as you were getting comfortable was fantastic.

I'm near the end on this. I'm trying to limit my playing so I can really stretch it out. It's fucking amazing. So, so good that I can't praise it enough.

One particular section where I thought 'wow' was the Killer Croc bit in the sewers. Not because it was particularly amazing, or hard, but simply because it makes you do one thing and then, just as that thing becomes a bit boring, something else will happen. For eg: at first you're just walking about finding spores. This then gets a bit dull so Killer Croc starts jumping up. This eventually also becomes a bit dull, so he starts smashing platforms. The way that it kept adding something simple just as you were getting comfortable was fantastic.

Yeah, just when one aspect of the game is about to run out of steam it changes it up. I can imagine if this was just about the stealth, or the fighting it would get old very fast but it's got those in the right amount plus other stuff to keep it constantly new throughout.

Yeaaaaaaaaaaah.

OK just about to type up my review for Gamestyle, and I'm sort of umm-ing and ah-ing between a 9 and a 10. On the one hand the game is practically flawless in every single way, music, graphics, gameplay, etc, but on the other the bits that I personally found a bit annoying seem rather abitrary compared to the rest of the game. And by that I mean the

Killer Croc battle

which while a good idea, went on a bit too long for myself, and the final boss.

Plus it feels like a very good 9 to me, but for some reason it's missing out on a 10 which I can't quite place my finger on.

You missed an achievement.

I know :D

I thought I could maybe get it in the post-game run, but the doors are locked. I was planning on going through again on hard anyway.

ANYWAY. For those of you who completed it.

Which post-credit ending did you get? I got Killer Croc