IGNORED

Treme

murray

Bubble's drug treatment mentor guy appearing.

You know this is Steve Earle, yes?

Also, is he supposed to be playing himself in this, like a lot of the other famous musicians are, or is he supposed to be just another busker? If he is, it's a bit incongruous.

Either way, I love this programme.

I love every scene with John Goodman in, especially those also featuring Steve Zahn. This really is shaping up to be as good as The Wire I think, possibly even better in fact given the all the great music.

It took me until episode 4 to realize that Sonny is played by a Dutch actor. Had some pretty big roles, from a Dutch perspective, but not big enough to instantly recognize him. Cheesy as it sounds, I've begun to warm for him and he was about the last character I didn't love.

Man, I love this shit. New Orleans is bound to get a visit from me, because I want to check out all the places that are mentioned in the series.

Having a script certainly helps. Dutch can more easily adapt to other languages than Germans or French, many of my friends are even good in different English accents. The possibility to prepare what you're going to say only helps. Still, his accent is exceptional compared to other Dutch actors that made it to America. And the moment in episode 4 where he said his Dutch name was genuine Dutch, in a way no foreigner could say.

So they get a real authentic Dutch actor to play a dutchman who when he speaks, would fool 99.9% of non-dutch people into believing he wasn't Dutch, why?!? :angry:

May aswell have got an American/Other Anglo-Saxon actor for the role, because until it was confirmed here, I thought he was an American. Hey, at least it shows they go the extra mile on casting :(

Loving this show at the moment and its building nicely.

My only criticism would be the Dutch guy, his girlfriend and the lodger. That whole story is pretty boring and i have no idea where they are going with it. I do have faith with David Simon in turning characters and plots I thought were weak into stand outs. At the minute though its the only parts which are not really working for me.

My only criticism would be the Dutch guy, his girlfriend and the lodger. That whole story is pretty boring and i have no idea where they are going with it.

Sonny seems to have a problem with jealousy, it's cropped up enough times already, and with crime and politics coming back into the picture, maybe it's not all about the music.

This show has potential to be on par with The Wire, maybe even surpass it.

A few weeks back I would have said you were a crazy motherfucker for even entertaining such a thought, but now I would tend to agree with you. It is blowing me away.

A wonderful episode, the

shooting at the parade was intense, it got me sat right up because I thought they were going to pull off a Deadwood-esque killing of a major character really early.

"It's all coming back isn't it? For a moment the storm took it away. No dope, no guns... no guns, no bodies."

Bloody hell the lodger saves the violin players life and they make him homeless as a reward......cold !

As I said, Sonny has what the Americans like to call 'issues' :)

I suspect his drug problem will be making a full blown comeback at some point too.

I must admit to being a bit confused by the whole lodger bit. It almost seems like the episodes I'm watching are missing bits of that story. Loving everything else though.

Are you a 'Wire' veteran? If not, it takes some getting used to, there's almost no expositional dialogue at all. Once you get used to it, you start watching everything else wondering why people are standing around explaining the plot to each other.

So I watched ep 4 last night, man, that was excellent.

This has so much heart, I love it. Being somewhat of a maniac for lots of the music my jaw dropped when motherfucking

McCoy Tyner, Nelson George and Ron Carter were at that party

I cant believe this show. Best thing since the Wire no doubt.