IGNORED

Dragon Age: Origins

diggler

Yeah, I don't have any of the DLC at all. Although I've heard this is a bit of a pain in the arse, essentially buying a second copy of the game, with all the DLC tied in.

The DLC appears to be not that great according to some sources, so might not bother. Awakening would certain be good to play through after I've finished the main game.. hmm.

Yeah, I don't have any of the DLC at all. Although I've heard this is a bit of a pain in the arse, essentially buying a second copy of the game, with all the DLC tied in.

The DLC appears to be not that great according to some sources, so might not bother. Awakening would certain be good to play through after I've finished the main game.. hmm.

I've enjoyed most of the DLC and Awakening is good as well, if you enjoyed the main game I'd say it's worth it, is a bargain if you've only got the main game. I ended up getting the Ultimate edition for the last few bits of DLC I've not bought and it's nice to have it on Steam.

I bought this when it first came out on the 360 but never played very far. Then I bought it in a Steam sale to see what the PC version was like and played further. (Even after the patches I found the PC version far, far harder than the 360).

Yesterday I saw the Ultimate edition on sale in a shop so I bought it. Stayed up playing last night until I couldn't focus anymore :) I'm currently doing the Mage tower and I'm in the fade working my way to the sloth demon. My party currenty is Alastair, the rogue, Wynne and myself doing 2h dps. It seems to be working well although one section of the fade with lots of blood mages is giving me a bit of trouble. Especially when they're all spread out.

I can't believe I've waited this long to play it to be honest.

I decided to try something new this year and played Dragon Age and both Mass Effect games, which was a bit of a departure for me. Ended up completeing all three, and enjoying them all for the most part, with Dragon Age just about being on par with the original Mass Effect in that it's a little fristrating at times and it's not very pretty but the story and dialogue keep you happy. I've just got the add-on for this through the post yesterday and have been running through all of the origina stories to try and find a good one for a second play through before moving on to Awakenings - I've only got Mage still to do but I think that will be the one for me.

In all honesty, I'm betting Dragon Age 2 is going to be perfectly enjoyable really. Possibly in a so-bad-it's-good way, possibly in being genuinely good, possibly for the fact its very existance winds up the hardcore nerd brigade to the point of inducing aneurysms.

Note - I don't count any of you guys in that. Well, apart from that whiney muppet who cried about being 'told off' in the ME2 thread.

I'm having trouble with Awakening at the moment.

I'm in the forest. I've just entered the mine to look for the Elf's sister and been captured and stripped of equipment by the Darkspawn. Now it appears I have to fight my way through an army of the fuckers using only the shitty trash drops from ones I manage to kill. Please tell me I missed the obvious chest containing all my stuff.

You are supposed to get your equipment back bit by bit (as you defeat each doppelganger thing, if I remember) but I also think there's a bug involved there. You may have to reload an earlier save.

Dopplegangers? I just walked into the next room and got my face eaten by about a trillion darkspawn.

That was in reply to Flub, moosey. You're the only one talking about DA2 right now. :P

To answer your question, though, take a look at the DA2 thread. Things are... less than inspiring. And stunts like the pre-order Signature Edition and its associated bonus content only being available until tomorrow, a full two months before release, don't make me any better-disposed towards it.

Cheers. I don't think I hit the bug. My inventory was completely empty

Although

After convincing Velanna to join the party,

Well shit. Bitch hates me. She sicced some trees on me and pissed off :) At least I see what I did wrong with the second room of Darkspawn now.

Alright so I finally got around to playing Dragon Age: Origins from my big pile of games and...um...am I missing something.

Spent two hours with it last night and feel very disappointed.

The dialogue is terrible and I would just prefer text on screen rather than have to listen to them drone on and on and on and on.

The combat seems kinda clunky and I have to admit that I preferred Mass Effect's over it. The whole world feels very dull and boring. The colour palette is horrible but then again I am only two hours or so into the game.

I don't think it looks much better having played 30 hours on the 360 version, and now the PC version all on Very High. But yeah, the UI is better, nice hotbar for the ten most common things for each character, and you can click on those "Journal Updated" or "New Codex" popups to be taken right there.

10 most common? You do know you can drag the hotbar to make like 30 sspaces on it right?

And yes their is a pretty huge difference between the 360 version and the PC and that's not including all the high res texture mods.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/pc-ps3-360-comparison-dragon-age/58658?type=flv

EDIT:Video won't work, search for "PC 360 comparison Dragon Age Gametrailers" on Google and have a look for yourself.