Trade-In prices Discussion

Also I certainly did not then email play.com saying my Mercury Meltdown got lost in the post, so that they sent me another copy, and I got antoher £25 trade in.

Thing is though, I have always used GAME and therefore have always got points on my loyalty card. I remember that they used to send through a voucher (quarterly perhaps?) but now I just use them when it feels like I should.

Would hate to lose my loyalty bonus of less than 1% of my custom - or whatever it is <_<

Ha just use all your points and move over, that's what I did. I got MGS2 on PS2, after like 3 years of shopping there :disgusted face:

Also I certainly did not then email play.com saying my Mercury Meltdown got lost in the post, so that they sent me another copy, and I got antoher £25 trade in.

:P Brilliant

<_< Brilliant

I've also not done this several times over the years after the whole "Wavebird" thing, and then when they refused to send me a chess set - which went back on the site at a higher price a few days later.

No signed delivery? Nice.

Yes.

A bit gutted to read that I would only get £10 at Game. Although I received it as a present I would still rather get nearer the £20 mark.

I feel dirty when I only get single digits for trade in's. However when I binned about 11 DS games and scored £168 ish I was made up!

I'm pretty sure each individual store has different trade in values depending on how many they've already received. So if your GAME has had a lot of GTAs traded in, you won't get much.

i took in 4 DS games to CEX recently and got £52 exchange i was chuffed . The highlight was Rune Factory they gave me £17 for i think i only payed £14 from Movietyme <_<

Does anyone know if Gamestation/Game accept US versions of DS games?

Strictly speaking no, due to the fact the ratings on them are not valid and they'd effectively be selling an unrated game. However, the occasional one slips through the net or some stores just take them in anyway.

It's amazing when people do it and you test in in front of them, and their faces are fighting between the fake look of indignance at the suggestion they brought in a broken console ("it worked when I was playing it half an hour ago") and the look of embarrassment that they've been caught trying to pass on their shit.

It's amazing when people do it and you test in in front of them, and their faces are fighting between the fake look of indignance at the suggestion they brought in a broken console ("it worked when I was playing it half an hour ago") and the look of embarrassment that they've been caught trying to pass on their shit.

It does genuinely happen though sometimes. I looked like a right tit when I tried to trade in a SNES, which was working days earlier. <_<

I'm pretty sure each individual store has different trade in values depending on how many they've already received. So if your GAME has had a lot of GTAs traded in, you won't get much.

Nationwide

No

Ha yeah I know, some people genuinely have no idea that it wasn't going to work but you can tell the people who broke it and thought "Shit I'll trade it in for something else".

I worked in an indie games shop back during the SNES / Megadrive era and we once had some idiot try to sell us a Megadrive with no insides! The cartridge just rattled about inside the slot when i shoved it in.

Strangely enough it was also working for them when they were playing it earlier in the day too. Needless to say they got banned. ;)

Aye, trade-in can fuck right off- took in a stack of quality 360 games a while back, must've had at least 8-10 of them, including Halo 3 special tin, Mass Effect, Bioshock etc. Was offered £40 for the lot. Insane. It's actually pretty offensive to be honest, I know they base the prices on how many they've in stock, but if that's the case it wouldn't hurt them to make their resale price a little more representative of this. I keep desperately trying to encourage friends of mine to sell their stuff on places like Rllmuk so we can all get a decent deal, but sadly desperation usually means the bastards win. :P