rllmuk
Twinbee

All hail the synth!

Calling Vertical to the thread!

That Johan Timman video that you posted before, is that tune available on record? Had a look on ebay and found 'THE TRIP INTO THE BODY' LP is it worth getting?

Cheers.

You have PM.

Short answer is YES.

Blimey! That's amazingly good, and with a few tweaks could be turned into a nice Christmas song.

Haha, you're right! I'd never noticed that.

Oops, forgot to post this here too!

There was a really good show on R4 the other day (with a suitably dreadful title) Stevie's Wonder Men

Well worth a listen my brothers.

You have THREE DAYS left to catch this, essential for synth freaks...

b00w7bly_640_360.jpg

:sherlock:

Ohhh yeah, I read about that in the paper the other day. Tonto's Expanding Head Band were sweeeet.

I'll have to listen to that show tomorrow.

Oh cool, listening to that Tonto documentary now.

In other news, is anyone listening to the new Tron soundtrack? Some nice, cliché synthy sounds going on in there.

Oh man, the new Steve Moore is fucking brilliant – completely different to The Henge. While that was all epic, sci-fi massiveness, this has a really homely, warm, personal vibe. Opening track feels like something from a 70s Open University TV show. A lot of the rest is total Jarre worship.

Hurry up and release it in a format I can actually buy please! a 500-issue vinyl release is insufficient!

Sounds nice, thanks for the tip. I notice his last album "Majeure - Timespan" is now available on 2xCD, along with the remix version.

-EDIT- Actually, Majeure is an alias of the other Zombi member: A.E. Paterra. Same quality synth goodness though :)

Chris & Cosey 90 minute mix

The Quietus presents a wonderful 90 minute musical journey from Chris Carter and Cosey Fanni Tutti of Throbbing Gristle and Chris & Cosey fame. Along with their own music and remixes, they've selected tracks from Art Of Noise, Alva Noto & Blixa Bargeld's ANbb, Plastikman, The Fall, Kraftwerk, Coil & Rose McDowall, Angelo Badalamenti, and more. This is the best music for today.
  • Upvote 3

Chris and Cosey are great, as are Throbbing Gristle although TG are a bit more left field and some tracks can consist of nothing but people talking about calling each other cunts etc. Live TG is always worth checking out too.

Artwork for the forthcoming Zombi album – amazing :D

escapevelocity_362.jpg

Escape Velocity sees ZOMBI return to their roots, using synth and drums to create stirring melodies and moving cadences. Whereas earlier efforts found the band entrenched in Italian horror scores, Escape Velocity finds Zombi continuing their exploration of famed Italian record producer Giorgio Moroder and legendary Kraut Rock icons Neu and Harmonia. The sweeping synth sequences and pulsing rhythms are sometimes dancey, sometimes reflective, but always hypnotic under the watchful eye of this distinguished duo. Escape Velocity’s five ethereal tracks are simply put, celestial music for other worlds.

Due in May!

Also, Steve Moore's new album is my most listened to record of the last two months – purely through soundcloud. According to his site, a CD release is to be announced, so that's something.

Radio Belbury is an interesting listen, and worth it to hear the ace Orogenous Zones track by Steve Moore. There are two shows to listen to, and the Steve Moore track is on the 2nd show.

http://www.mixcloud.com/GhostBox/

You can listen to a preview of two more Steve Moore tracks here, C Beams is lush.

Moore's entire album is streaming through Soundcloud, btw. I've been listening to it obsessively since before Xmas.

http://soundcloud.com/stevemoore2600/primitive-neural-pathways-side-a

http://soundcloud.com/stevemoore2600/primitive-neural-pathways-side-b

• Upvote 1

Moore's entire album is streaming through Soundcloud, btw. I've been listening to it obsessively since before Xmas.

Excellent, thanks for that.

LOVE Tangerine Dream. My dad was well into them so have grown up with them really. What's your favorite album Vertical?

Mines Ricochet :wub:

True synth menace. I doubt I'll ever tire of Tangerine Dream.

Seconded. I got into them about eight years ago starting with Phaedra and Mysterious Semblance at the Strand of Nightmares and went from there. My favourite album is Exit (though the Near Dark score runs a close second), the title track has synth menace in spades:

Also, the album under his other alias, Airliner, is worth a buy:

http://airliner.bandcamp.com

Ooh, listened to the first few tracks and it's great. Sort of no need for any new Boards of Canada releases now :)

In other news, WHY HAVEN'T MORE OF YOU BEEN CREAMING YOURSELVES OVER THE UMBERTO ALBUM? It's fucking brilliant.