IGNORED

Diablo III - Eternal Collection out on Switch

revlob

I didnt know +Int counts towards resistances.

The amount of +Str is nice, but the +Vit is pretty low from what items Ive seen so far. Would like to have the +Int points stacked into +Vit.

Id hit it for 25k and give it to the Templar follower for late Hell/early Inferno solo runs.

:lol:

Assuming a health pool of 50k, which isn't even that much for an endgame Barb, the amulet gives a total of 3928 HP. The 5% life would be equivalent to 73 Vitality in such a case, in addition to the 42 already on the item.

If you'd give that to the Templar, you're either a multi-millionaire with more money than you can spend, or you don't know what you're doing.

my demon hunter is level 24 and 278DPS so i reckon you're fine.

I'm level 25 Demon Hunter and only 204 DPS, are you using AH loot? Though my vitality is 174 and my armour 441, and I have +25% exp and +22% magic find, maybe it balances out or do I just have crap loot?

I'm level 25 Demon Hunter and only 204 DPS, are you using AH loot? Though my vitality is 174 and my armour 441, and I have +25% exp and +22% magic find, maybe it balances out or do I just have crap loot?

Wouldnt worry.. High DPS just comes at the expense of other things (XP and Magic finds normally).

My Wiz is still pretty squishy, but thankfully nothing tends to survive her beefed up Disintergrate spell long enough to do any serious damage though! I just tend to keep a few high vitality items on standby just incase of any tough bosses etc.

I've got a fairly decent Nightmare Wizard setup now. Electrocute with the rune that stretches to 6 enemies and Disintegrate with the rune that causes explosive death on the mouse.

Ice Armour with the rune that stacks an armour bonus, Familiar with Guardian rune that absorbs damage when I'm low on health. I keep these on constantly.

After that I've got a combo of Crystal skin on 8-second rune, and Frost Nova with the 50% chance of recast when something dies while frozen.

This setup has been pretty successful in taking on blues and golds. I hit Crystal Skin which absorbs a large amount of damage, when that runs out I Frost Nova to give me some seconds to breathe, and a few seconds after that Crystal Skin is ready again. I have a passive that regenerates health as long as an armour spell is active, so the period that I'm in Crystal Skin usually gets my health back up. I have been juggling the Familiar with Teleport, which is damn handy among enemies that vortex or put up barrier wall, or :hmm: Arcane Sentries :hmm:

Yeah I'm really loving my wizard; I'm only lvl 20 something so a lot of skills yet to come, but I'm currently rocking the chain lightning, red beam of death, frost armour which freezes enemies when they attack/slows them when they get near, time warp bubble, weapon boost thing and then arcane rockets :wub:

Gotta love the Demon Hunter's lightning ball arrow, I can just spam it repeatedly and with the items I have, I never run out of Hatred. I snare anything coming close which clogs up the enemies and the lightning balls just decimate the waves of enemies behind them. So satisfying.

One critisism is that with all the effects going on at once, it's often pretty much impossible to tell what's going on - and even where your character is sometimes. When elites are involved too I find it difficult to track them when they don't look different to the rest. I wonder if over time you get into "the zone" and can understand the chaos before you.

Bidding on things with low time left is pretty effective, especially at anti-social hours. My 33 DH is rocking 1500 DPS and a ridiculous amount of +exp because of the legendary bow and all the dex/xp gear I managed to snipe for a low price. The AH is truly a piece of shit, especially considering they've had 7 years to get the hang of it, but it can be used far more effectively than people realise.

There's some cool stuff in that article - like Nephalem Valour, a buff that stacks on top level players who don't switch skills; it increases gold and magic find, and stacks each time you reach a named/special mob. Interesting!

Started a Monk specifically to co-op the game on Normal with a friend, just at a leisurely pace. Seven hours later he's gone to bed and I'm seriously considering heading right back in and picking up my Wizard. Why the hell not, eh?

I have enjoyed some of the time I have spent playing this game.

Tonight however I logged in to find that all my gold and items had disappeared. I was a bit tetchy.

My account also has parental controls enabled for no good reason that I can see. I submitted a ticket asking them to unlock me so I could complain on their forums.

This evening I see a c/p response that says I have to prove I'm not a child by sending them a copy of my national identity card / passport or birth certificate.

I'm sorry? You can't stop people randomly taking stuff from my game characters but I'm supposed to trust you with my passport and birth certificate? Are you mad?

Details are that I suddenly have a new friend 'wolsey' in my friends list who I did not solicit or accept. He appeared while I was logged off at about the same time that all my gold / items went.

My battletag begins with my (rather common) name with it's usual abbreviation so I suspect that the attack was likely through battletags rather than anything else especially considering I am always very carefulabout online security and never give out any details to anyone about passwords etc. (and especially not my bloody birth certificate / passport)

I have sent another support ticket about this and reported the guy in game. Not sure what else to do really or the likelyhood of it happening again.

Anyone else had difficulties?

Have you got an Authenticator attached to your account?

Also, I'm not sure what you think Blizzard Entertainment will do with a photo of your passport? And what that has got to do with their ability to stop people hacking your account. I've had to send them pics of my driving licence twice to get lost/broken Authenticators removed from my account. It's just so you can show them you are who you say you are.

Edit: basically if you have no Authenticator then you just had your account hacked. Battle.net accounts are potentially worth a lot of money to these guys and no matter how careful you think you are with internet browsing habits and security, they are smarter than you are, and they can hack you easily with a basic key logger if you have no Authenticator.

I've lurked in here and won't bother with any 'please help a beginner shit' because that's what YouTube's for...

So as previously mentioned - I don't usually do these sort of games and even though I don't know what the ufck I'm doing (re powering-up, see doing it wrong), I know I'm having a metric ton of fun, especially in MP. I even did some bidding last Night. Looked at the stats and 6.30hrs had passed in my first sitting...(this game is 'zoned-out' stuff, the hours just evaporate), my Monk is currently at level 11 and I have some kinda fast rush attack and glowing staff that wreck's shop.

Also - it runs great with absolutely no twitchiness/slowdown on my 2yr old MBP w/max everything :)

But ummm yeah - thanks to all you lot (esp Soong's liveliness) for bringing this game to my attention. An eye-opener/awakening of sorts.

Well the fox, firstly they can't snoop my password with a key logger because I haven't installed one. I know I haven't installed one because I never install anything when I don't know what it is.

Secondly as you quite correctly point out the account compromise and them having for some reason enabled parental controls are entirely unrelated. To require the kind of documentation you need to open a bank account to restore posting privileges on a forum is completely unreasonable.

And thirdly if they can't keep their customers games accounts secure why would they make copies of people's personal documents more secure than that?

What I think would happen is that they woul put the documents on a non password protected network share on a machine connected to the Internet.

I think personal documents would be of significant use to identity thieves and significantly more valuable than monopoly money.

Frankly I wouldn't trust them further than I could throw them given recent events.

Is supermonkey's experience a little glimpse into the future of gaming? Shudder.

Nope, it's just what's been happening with WoW accounts for years, and is why Blizzard launched the Authenticator in the first place. There was a report a few years ago that stated WoW accounts are more valuable on the black market than stolen credit card details, because the accounts are easy to strip and the hacker is unlikely to have the police on their tail.

I think it's really shitty that they're not giving them away with their exorbitantly-priced games at this point, though.

Well the fox, firstly they can't snoop my password with a key logger because I haven't installed one. I know I haven't installed one because I never install anything when I don't know what it is.

Secondly as you quite correctly point out the account compromise and them having for some reason enabled parental controls are entirely unrelated. To require the kind of documentation you need to open a bank account to restore posting privileges on a forum is completely unreasonable.

And thirdly if they can't keep their customers games accounts secure why would they make copies of people's personal documents more secure than that?

What I think would happen is that they woul put the documents on a non password protected network share on a machine connected to the Internet.

I think personal documents would be of significant use to identity thieves and significantly more valuable than monopoly money.

Frankly I wouldn't trust them further than I could throw them given recent events.

The point of a keylogger is that it installs itself without you knowing. You don't get a popup saying "Do you want to install bnetlogger.exe?"

edit to clarify: It is also possible you have been the victim of a phishing scam, though a keylogger seems more likely. You wouldn't even necessarily need to download anything because it could just exploit vulnerabilities in your web browser or Flash or whatever, and then it sits there running in the background waiting for you to log in to your Bnet account.

I take it you don't have an Authenticator? If you do have one attached then definitely persist with trying to let Blizzard know you've been hacked despite having one. If you don't then I guess just chalk it up as a learning experience, curse Blizzard for being shitty bastards for not giving them away and/or making their existence better known, and then get one.