IGNORED

Diablo III - Eternal Collection out on Switch

revlob

Plus, you could literally play for hundreds of hours and not find an item you might see in a shop or on the AH. The lure of becoming ever more powerful is the thing I find hard to resist. :)

Whats particularly funny is if you read the thread that blizzard send you to, honestly 90% of the people are saying.

"I have not been hacked, but I might, so I need an offline single player mode now!"

As I said it looks purely form all the publicly available data that some stupid people got key logged or fell for some phising.

Oh yeah, I forgot that there's a whole bunch of people here who've never been exposed to the incredible social experiment that is the Battle.net forums. You always see posters on the WoW boards who get called out on bullshitting in posts by GMs who take a look at their game account history. I'm pleased to see it's crossed over to Diablo too, check out this hero:

http://www.diablofans.com/blizz-tracker/topic/224293-hacked-with-an-authenticator/

Anyone training for Smithing? Am wondering if I should head down that route.

In all honesty, you're better off putting the money towards either storage upgrades, Auction House, or even a kitty for trinkets instead of pumping money into the smithy - and even less so for the Jeweler. There's simply not enough worthwhile items to craft early on, and even when you do hit those levels the game drops something better.

Wait until you're swimming in gold from late Nightmare onwards, and then just power-level the blacksmith with a fraction of the money you'll have at that point if you feel inclined.

Well Hell Diablo certainly wasn't a walkover. Spent half the evening getting beaten up by him and in the end bought a new helm improving my crit chance by 9% with one ability and crossed my fingers I didn't get an unlucky cage thingy. On to Inferno :ph34r:

I'm level 10 now and am still smashing the barrels and looting the random corpses. Is it really worth the hassle, I'm guessing no one has ever gotten something decent out of either?

FWIW in Diablo I got Doombringer, which was like the best 2h in the game, from a barrel.

Maybe it's just me but this is the first game in ages that feels absolutely circular. Maybe it's the bad experience I've had with logging in but it feels like you run around go get more powerful so the computer AI can make the enemy more powerful so you have to run around to get more loot to become more powerful.

Fuck maybe I've just had it with this type of game. It's the first game that makes me want to stop playing video games. Story is average and it's just like you are chasing your tail. Get loot. Power up. Enemy powers up. Get loot. Power up. And on and on and on.

Fuck maybe I've just had it with this type of game. It's the first game that makes me want to stop playing video games. Story is average and it's just like you are chasing your tail. Get loot. Power up. Enemy powers up. Get loot. Power up. And on and on and on.

That's what video games do, mate. Some of them are just better at hiding the fact. For me, this game celebrates this mechanic: kill things, find loot, gear up, carry on. That said, I really like games that are easy to play these days.

The type of game is great for what it is.

The unforgivable part is having to put up with shit like rubber-banding in single player. That's fucked up. Things are meant to improve with time. I don't ever recall having to put up with that in Diablo 2 single player.

That's what video games do, mate. Some of them are just better at hiding the fact. For me, this game celebrates this mechanic: kill things, find loot, gear up, carry on. That said, I really like games that are easy to play these days.

Yeah but I guess when it is hidden it feels like you are accomplishing something. The only thing I feel with this game is the seconds I'm wasting in my life everytime I click to move forward or click to attack. Maybe I've been playing console games for too long but it feels hollow.

Any interest in some gear sales? I can crosspost the list from SA if so. I need to empty my stash so I have a load of reasonably rolled hell rares and a decent bunch of inferno items and 400-600 DPS weapons with various stats. Prices vary from 50-500k.

Yeah. It's awesome.

'Reflects Damage' sounds like fun. My favourite combo of the evening has been 'Molten Vortex' :hmm:

Had a Jailer Desecrator Fire Chains group of elites in one of the first dungeons on Hell yesterday.

As a Barbarian, that makes me say ow.

Yeah its central European time some one hour ahead or behind us (can't remember which).

Annoyingly, only the EU server was affected. Again. If you're really desperate to play you can always choose to connect to the US servers in the meantime. You'd have to make a new char and suffer bigger ping than usual though :(

Also; mad props to Bitmap, Asriel and Jack for stomping through the whole of Act 4 with me last night.. we were a blur of destruction! :D

I am a bit gutted there wasn't more of an explorey feeling to the game though, its all a bit 'small' in terms of overworld.. they really could have done with an additional 'sedate' act (like 1 and 2 are), I didn't really feel like I could explore the last bits proper cos everything's a bit urgent and building up to the end.

Having said that, I can't wait to get stuck into hell mode :D

To anyone that doesn't find the act of playing Diablo III fun; You're missing the point, and it's not the type of game for you.

It doesn't matter that it can be boiled down to click click click. Or 'kill, loot, level, kill'. What matters is that the very act of playing it is immensely entertaining. It's like saying Pac-Man is a dumb or pointless game because it doesn't have depth *shudder*

I can't remember the last time I hit a game this hard. The last time I spent my entire days at work wishing time away so I could just get back and play more. The last time I didn't do anything at all for day after day other than sit my arse down and play a video game. It might have been PSO, funnily enough. I might finally have found that endlessly replayable, endlessly enjoyable replacement.

The game is amazingly good fun, and to me a complete triumph. Everything I dreamed it would be.

Any interest in some gear sales? I can crosspost the list from SA if so. I need to empty my stash so I have a load of reasonably rolled hell rares and a decent bunch of inferno items and 400-600 DPS weapons with various stats. Prices vary from 50-500k.

Yeah I'll get on that if you have any +dmg/attack speed jewellery. The thread on SA is too US-centric so I kinda gave up on it.

Why can't banks use two-step verification in the same way this does? Surely an app will do instead of sending out a shitty pin code thing I need to keep in my wallet all the time.

Also; mad props to Bitmap, Asriel and Jack for stomping through the whole of Act 4 with me last night.. we were a blur of destruction! :D

Proper amazing stuff, was planning to stop at like 10 ish been a long time since I got caught up in a game and played way past bedtime. It really ramps up a bit towards the end, tho some of those bosses went down like sacks of spuds.